    them anymore. Does anybody know of any good alternatives?

    Thanks,
    Nate
    Nate C., Feb 9, 2005

  2. Nate C.

    Owamanga Guest

    On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 11:11:55 -0500, "Nate C."
    <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I've been using Ofoto.com to make online albums that friends and family
    >around the country can check out. Lately I've noticed that the quality of
    >their online images has deteriorated to the point where I don't want to use
    >them anymore. Does anybody know of any good alternatives?

    I can't comment on their recent stuff, but a couple of months ago I
    tried ophoto.com and found them to be significantly better than local
    stores could manage (much sharper).

    Try http://mpix.com if you are in the US. They use nice paper.

    --
    Owamanga!
    Owamanga, Feb 9, 2005

  3. Nate C.

    Nate C. Guest

    "Owamanga" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 11:11:55 -0500, "Nate C."
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Hi,
    > >
    > >I've been using Ofoto.com to make online albums that friends and family
    > >around the country can check out. Lately I've noticed that the quality

    of
    > >their online images has deteriorated to the point where I don't want to

    use
    > >them anymore. Does anybody know of any good alternatives?

    > I can't comment on their recent stuff, but a couple of months ago I
    > tried ophoto.com and found them to be significantly better than local
    > stores could manage (much sharper).
    >
    > Try http://mpix.com if you are in the US. They use nice paper.
    >
    > --
    > Owamanga!

    I'm sorry, I must not have been clear on what I'm looking for -- what I want
    is a site that has good online images. Ofoto's online images lately are
    abysmal. When I want friends/relatives to have prints I print them out
    myself and mail them.

    Thanks,
    Nate
    Nate C., Feb 9, 2005
  4. Nate C.

    Guest

    The lab we use is:
    http://www.pephoto.com/ 9 cents
    they deliver next day to 3000+ NYC area
    dealers.
    Real photo paper, real lab prints

    We set up albums at
    http://smugmug.com/
    Want to set up many photo albums, with many
    levels of security?
    http://www.smugmug.com/?referrer=jyt6FA46W3kDo
    link will save you $5 on Smugmug.

    While I am recommending stuff:
    Incredibly low long distance phone rates, as
    low as USA-Canada 1.9CPM! Works as prepaid
    phone card. PIN not needed for calls from
    home or cell phone. Compare the rates at
    https://www.onesuite.com/ No monthly fee or
    minimum. Use promotion code "034720367" for
    some FREE time.
    , Feb 9, 2005
  5. Nate C.

    Guest

    Nate C. wrote:
    > I'm sorry, I must not have been clear on what I'm looking for -- what

    I want
    > is a site that has good online images. Ofoto's online images lately

    are
    > abysmal. When I want friends/relatives to have prints I print them

    out
    > myself and mail them.

    I'm actually looking for someone who is particular about online photo
    quality to help in the testing of ourdoings.com. You sound like such a
    person.

    Go to http://ourdoings.com/ and register using the hotmail email
    address you used for this posting. Create a site (no credit card
    required) and I'll make your bill disappear before the 7-day trial is
    over.

    The process for shrinking, uploading and disseminating news and photos
    to family and friends is quite streamlined -- I use it lots myself.
    Still, there are lots of ideas that are just in my head and not on the
    site yet.
    , Feb 9, 2005