Alternatives to Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Tech.News, Aug 19, 2004.

  1. Tech.News

    Tech.News Guest

    By Eyal Goldshmid
    Aug 18 2004

    Microsoft's Internet Explorer .. tends to be more susceptible to
    Internet security risks than its competition ..

    As a precaution, many Web surfers may want to seek alternative programs
    that don't follow Internet Explorer's technical makeup.

    The best-known of these is Netscape, www.netscape.com ..

    A better option may be Mozilla's Firefox, www.mozilla.org, a new upstart
    created by some of the designers who concocted the original Netscape ..

    ...

    Another choice is Opera, www.opera.com, which tech site CNET.com gives
    its highest marks ..

    ...

    However, be warned: Opera may take a bit of getting used to, especially
    for novices. Unlike Mozilla and Netscape, the program doesn't operate
    like Internet Explorer, and its many moving parts may confuse some
    people ...

    http://staging.tcpalm.com/tcp/sci_tech/article/0,1651,TCP_1017_3108552,00.html

    http://snipurl.com/8ihf
    --
    *@*
    Tech.News, Aug 19, 2004
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Tech.News

    Ned Flanders Guest

    Netscape IS crap.

    Face it Macholes.PC wins




    "Tech.News" <> wrote in message
    news:wtRUc.38677$...
    >
    > By Eyal Goldshmid
    > Aug 18 2004
    >
    > Microsoft's Internet Explorer .. tends to be more susceptible to
    > Internet security risks than its competition ..
    >
    > As a precaution, many Web surfers may want to seek alternative programs
    > that don't follow Internet Explorer's technical makeup.
    >
    > The best-known of these is Netscape, www.netscape.com ..
    >
    > A better option may be Mozilla's Firefox, www.mozilla.org, a new upstart
    > created by some of the designers who concocted the original Netscape ..
    >
    > ...
    >
    > Another choice is Opera, www.opera.com, which tech site CNET.com gives
    > its highest marks ..
    >
    > ...
    >
    > However, be warned: Opera may take a bit of getting used to, especially
    > for novices. Unlike Mozilla and Netscape, the program doesn't operate
    > like Internet Explorer, and its many moving parts may confuse some
    > people ...
    >
    > http://staging.tcpalm.com/tcp/sci_tech/article/0,1651,TCP_1017_3108552,00.html
    >
    > http://snipurl.com/8ihf
    > --
    > *@*
    Ned Flanders, Aug 19, 2004
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Tech.News

    Champ Guest


    >> "Tech.News" wrote in message


    >> ><snipped the crap>



    "Ned Flanders" wrote in message

    > Netscape IS crap.
    >
    > Face it Macholes.PC wins
    >


    Don't feed the trolls..
    Tech News is a pain in the butt, and most of the time posts through it
    !!
    Champ, Aug 19, 2004
    #3
  4. Tech.News wrote:

    > However, be warned: Opera may take a bit of getting used to, especially
    > for novices. Unlike Mozilla and Netscape, the program doesn't operate
    > like Internet Explorer, and its many moving parts may confuse some
    > people ...


    Oh, bullshit. A four-year-old-could use it. Okay, a four-year-old
    smart enough to know IE is a piece of shit.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    An Important Health Reminder http://snipurl.com/healthyshark
    Blinky the Shark, Aug 19, 2004
    #4
  5. Ned Flanders wrote:

    > Netscape IS crap.


    > Face it Macholes.PC wins


    ....said Ned, from Internet Explorer.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    An Important Health Reminder http://snipurl.com/healthyshark
    Blinky the Shark, Aug 19, 2004
    #5
  6. Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Ned Flanders wrote:


    >> Netscape IS crap.


    >> Face it Macholes.PC wins


    > ...said Ned, from Internet Explorer.


    IGNORE! I don't know what the hell I was thinking about when I wrote
    that! :)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    An Important Health Reminder http://snipurl.com/healthyshark
    Blinky the Shark, Aug 19, 2004
    #6
  7. Tech.News

    Scraggy Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> Ned Flanders wrote:

    >
    >>> Netscape IS crap.

    >
    >>> Face it Macholes.PC wins

    >
    >> ...said Ned, from Internet Explorer.

    >
    > IGNORE! I don't know what the hell I was thinking about when I wrote
    > that! :)

    PBKAM? ;-)
    --
    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick
    boxing. -- Emo Philips
    Scraggy, Aug 19, 2004
    #7
  8. begin On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 04:02:47 +0100, Champ wrote:

    > Don't feed the trolls..
    > Tech News is a pain in the butt, and most of the time posts through it
    > !!


    Who are you? The group moderator?
    Oh, no! Just another M$haft poster using Outhose Excreta, & since you
    don't know any better than to use that, an E-MAIL client, on usenet, we
    wouldn't expect you to know _what_ the **** you're doing at all......

    --
    dd if=/dev/null of=/vmunix
    Perce P. Cassidy, Aug 19, 2004
    #8
  9. begin On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 05:38:33 +0000, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Tech.News wrote:
    >
    >> However, be warned: Opera may take a bit of getting used to, especially
    >> for novices. Unlike Mozilla and Netscape, the program doesn't operate
    >> like Internet Explorer, and its many moving parts may confuse some
    >> people ...

    >
    > Oh, bullshit. A four-year-old-could use it. Okay, a four-year-old
    > smart enough to know IE is a piece of shit.


    An announcement was made at a press conference in the UK in which
    Newham, a borough of London, had just decided not to go open source
    after all and instead to sign on with Microsoft because their "software
    was cheaper than open source and more secure". The room spontaneously
    burst out laughing, so what does *that* tell you. ;-)

    http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20040817033940321

    --
    M$:-
    One OS to rule them all, One OS to find them,
    One OS to bring them all and in the *darkness* bind them...
    Perce P. Cassidy, Aug 19, 2004
    #9
  10. Scraggy wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> Blinky the Shark wrote:


    >>> Ned Flanders wrote:


    >>>> Netscape IS crap.


    >>>> Face it Macholes.PC wins


    >>> ...said Ned, from Internet Explorer.


    >> IGNORE! I don't know what the hell I was thinking about when I wrote
    >> that! :)


    > PBKAM? ;-)


    That or another ID.10.T error. I'm capable of both, although I try to
    minimize them. :)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    New Link - Aug 19
    Stateful Adaptive Packet Destruction Enterprise-Class Gigabit
    Intrusion Prevention System: http://snipurl.com/8j5d
    Blinky the Shark, Aug 19, 2004
    #10
  11. Perce P. Cassidy wrote:

    > An announcement was made at a press conference in the UK in which
    > Newham, a borough of London, had just decided not to go open source
    > after all and instead to sign on with Microsoft because their
    > "software was cheaper than open source and more secure". The room
    > spontaneously burst out laughing, so what does *that* tell you. ;-)


    Now, *that's* funny. Would've loved to see the face on the guy who made
    the announcement. :)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    New Link - Aug 19
    Stateful Adaptive Packet Destruction Enterprise-Class Gigabit
    Intrusion Prevention System: http://snipurl.com/8j5d
    Blinky the Shark, Aug 19, 2004
    #11
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Billh
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    791
    Billh
    May 2, 2004
  2. JamesBenson

    Windows Explorer - Internet explorer

    JamesBenson, Jul 29, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    19
    Views:
    882
  3. Tabbed Explorer Alternatives?

    , Jan 11, 2006, in forum: NZ Computing
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    418
    David
    Feb 2, 2006
  4. sandy j
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    817
    sandy j
    May 2, 2009
  5. Nathan Sokalski
    Replies:
    16
    Views:
    3,367
    Vjekoslav
    Feb 22, 2010
Loading...

Share This Page