Alternative

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Horatio Delbarto, Jun 25, 2005.

  1. Is there an alternative to Outlook express ?
    Horatio
    Horatio Delbarto, Jun 25, 2005

  2. What's in a Name?, Jun 25, 2005

  3. Horatio Delbarto

    Mike Easter Guest

    Horatio Delbarto wrote:
    > Is there an alternative to Outlook express ?

    There are alternative newsservers and alternative mailuser agents and
    alternative both/s.

    There are also alternative browsers to IE, so you could dump that whole
    system with its insecurities, weaknesses, noncompliances, and old-style
    rendering.

    There are also alternatives to the operating system underneath it, all
    of which is integrated as a unit. Windows is very integrated with
    Internet Explorer which is very integrated with Outlook Express. As you
    start to peel the onion, you might consider picking up a different
    vegetable.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jun 25, 2005
  4. Horatio Delbarto

    samuel Guest

    samuel, Jun 25, 2005
  5. Horatio Delbarto

    Plato Guest

    Horatio Delbarto wrote:

    > Is there an alternative to Outlook express ?

    Perhaps a hundred or more alternatives.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jun 25, 2005
  6. Mike Easter wrote:

    > Horatio Delbarto wrote:

    >> Is there an alternative to Outlook express ?

    > There are alternative newsservers and alternative mailuser agents and

    ^^^^^^^^^^^
    He's an OE user. Don't confuse him further. :)

    --
    Blinky
    International Thank Your Developers Week - June 20-27, 2005
    Blinky the Shark, Jun 25, 2005
  7. samuel wrote:

    > "Horatio Delbarto" <> wrote in

    >> Is there an alternative to Outlook express ?
    >> Horatio

    > http://dir.yahoo.com/Computers_and_Internet/Software/Internet/World
    > _Wide_Web/Browsers/

    Did he ask about browsers? Hint: "no".

    Do you actually read posts before you blurt answers? Guess: "no".

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 25, 2005
  8. Horatio Delbarto

    Pat Guest

    On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 18:53:08 +0000 (UTC), "Horatio Delbarto"
    <> wrote:

    >Is there an alternative to Outlook express ?
    >Horatio

    For email I use Pegasus www.pmail.com it's free and works great.

    For a newsreader I use Agent http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php. You
    can use it for free as Free Agent or buy the full featured version. It also
    has email capabilities (which I haven't tried).

    --
    Pat
    Pat, Jun 25, 2005
  9. Horatio Delbarto

    samuel Guest

    Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    > samuel wrote:
    >
    >> "Horatio Delbarto" <> wrote in

    >>> Is there an alternative to Outlook express ?
    >>> Horatio

    >> http://dir.yahoo.com/Computers_and_Internet/Software/Internet/
    >> World _Wide_Web/Browsers/

    > Did he ask about browsers? Hint: "no".
    >
    > Do you actually read posts before you blurt answers? Guess:
    > "no".

    variety
    mail or browser
    to get away from microsft

    oop's
    may give him a clue

    thanks
    samuel, Jun 25, 2005
  10. samuel wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    >> samuel wrote:

    >>> "Horatio Delbarto" <> wrote in

    >>> http://dir.yahoo.com/Computers_and_Internet/Software/Internet/
    >>> World _Wide_Web/Browsers/

    >> Did he ask about browsers? Hint: "no".

    >> Do you actually read posts before you blurt answers? Guess:
    >> "no".

    > variety
    > mail or browser
    > to get away from microsft

    > oop's
    > may give him a clue

    The Judges award you an average of 1.7 of a possible 10.

    > thanks

    YW.

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 26, 2005
  11. Horatio Delbarto

    samuel Guest

    Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    > samuel wrote:
    >> Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    >>> Did he ask about browsers? Hint: "no".

    >>> Do you actually read posts before you blurt answers? Guess:
    >>> "no".

    >> variety
    >> mail or browser
    >> to get away from microsft

    >> oop's
    >> may give him a clue

    > The Judges award you an average of 1.7 of a possible 10.

    should be 10+ by any means to get person away from ie oe

    samuel, Jun 26, 2005
  12. samuel wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    >> samuel wrote:
    >>> Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    >>> variety mail or browser to get away from microsft

    >>> oop's may give him a clue

    >> The Judges award you an average of 1.7 of a possible 10.

    > should be 10+ by any means to get person away from ie oe

    You don't get them to switch *anything* by suggesting they use a
    different browser to do email/news. Because at that point you have no
    credibility because of the boneheaded reply. :)

    >>> thanks

    >> YW.

    YSW.

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 26, 2005
  13. Horatio Delbarto

    Ken Keniff Guest

    All the guy wanted was an answer - not a load of crap !!!!!

    Ken Keniff, Jun 26, 2005
  14. Ken Keniff wrote:
    > All the guy wanted was an answer - not a load of crap !!!!!

    And your clear, cohesive, unadulterated, straight-from-the-hip answer
    was what? Kindly elucidate.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 26, 2005
  15. Horatio Delbarto

    Old Gringo Guest

    Horatio Delbarto wrote:
    > Is there an alternative to Outlook express ?
    > Horatio

    Yes USPS, but they do not carry Usenet.

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life
    Old Gringo, Jun 26, 2005
  16. Ken Keniff wrote:
    > All the guy wanted was an answer - not a load of crap !!!!!

    Thread drift. Look it up if you don't get it.

    Have YOU given him his answer?

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 26, 2005
  17. Horatio Delbarto

    samuel Guest

    "Ken Keniff" <> wrote in

    > All the guy wanted was an answer - not a load of crap !!!!!

    he already has oe ;-)
    samuel, Jun 26, 2005
  18. Horatio Delbarto

    samuel Guest

    Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    > samuel wrote:
    >> Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    >>> The Judges award you an average of 1.7 of a possible 10.

    >> should be 10+ by any means to get person away from ie oe

    > You don't get them to switch *anything* by suggesting they use
    > a different browser to do email/news. Because at that point
    > you have no credibility because of the boneheaded reply. :)

    >>> YW.

    > YSW.

    maybe you can suggest or best reply to Horatio

    TY
    samuel, Jun 26, 2005
  19. samuel wrote:

    > "Ken Keniff" <> wrote in

    >> All the guy wanted was an answer - not a load of crap !!!!!

    > he already has oe ;-)

    I'm still waiting for Serious Ken's Serious Solution. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 26, 2005
  20. Horatio Delbarto

    samuel Guest

    "Horatio Delbarto" <> wrote in

    > Is there an alternative to Outlook express ?
    > Horatio

    suggesting to look at eudora, pegasus, pine, the bat, thunderbird
    do search engine for email client
    samuel, Jun 26, 2005