    above that for a low monthly charge will allow unlimited free calls to the
    UK and low cost calls to Malaysia and Singapore and a non expiring credit.

    Any suggestions?

    Second Stage Lensman, Jan 20, 2007

  2. Second Stage Lensman

    alan99 Guest

    Have your considered www.internetcalls.com (or other betamax
    offerings)?

    You get free calls to your specified destinations (landlines) for 120
    days after a €10 top-up or 60 days after a £5 SMS top-up. The £5
    only gives you €4.50 due to the network's cut. I used some Easymobile
    bonus top-up so it didn't cost me anything!

    Hope this helps

    alan99, Jan 20, 2007

  3. Second Stage Lensman

    RH Guest

    "Second Stage Lensman" <> wrote in message
    > Skype have now introduced a connection charge so I was looking for an
    > alternative.
    >
    > I want to use my PC with a "softphone" on it. This PC will be on 24/7 so I
    > will have no need of any extra hardware. I will use a headset connected to
    > the PCs sound card.
    >
    > The destinations I ring are UK national calls and Malaysia and Singapore.
    >
    > Skype Pro is coming out soon and even though it will have a connection
    > charge, for 2 euros a month it will have unlimited free calls within the
    > UK. So I am looking for a VOIP provider that will run on the hardware
    > described above that for a low monthly charge will allow unlimited free
    > calls to the UK and low cost calls to Malaysia and Singapore and a non
    > expiring credit.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    If you are using a softphone you are probably better off using multiple
    accounts

    Use something like voip.co.uk for UK calls, this seems to be £1.99/month
    calls to malaysia are 2p/minute
    buy you could then buy credit for lowratevoip.com where calls to Malaysia
    are 0.9p/minute (you also get 200 minutes a week free calls to UK and
    Malasyia while the credit freedays time is active) note, even when you
    credit freedays time runs out you can still use your existing credit to make
    calls.

    There are some other similar options where you 300 minutes a week but out
    standard calls rates are higher, guess it depends on your weekly call amount

    RH, Jan 20, 2007
  4. "RH" <> wrote in message

    > "Second Stage Lensman" <> wrote in message
    >> Skype have now introduced a connection charge so I was looking for an
    >> alternative.
    >>
    >> I want to use my PC with a "softphone" on it. This PC will be on 24/7 so
    >> I will have no need of any extra hardware. I will use a headset connected
    >> to the PCs sound card.
    >>
    >> The destinations I ring are UK national calls and Malaysia and Singapore.
    >>
    >> Skype Pro is coming out soon and even though it will have a connection
    >> charge, for 2 euros a month it will have unlimited free calls within the
    >> UK. So I am looking for a VOIP provider that will run on the hardware
    >> described above that for a low monthly charge will allow unlimited free
    >> calls to the UK and low cost calls to Malaysia and Singapore and a non
    >> expiring credit.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions?

    > If you are using a softphone you are probably better off using multiple
    > accounts
    >
    > Use something like voip.co.uk for UK calls, this seems to be £1.99/month
    > calls to malaysia are 2p/minute
    > buy you could then buy credit for lowratevoip.com where calls to Malaysia
    > are 0.9p/minute (you also get 200 minutes a week free calls to UK and
    > Malasyia while the credit freedays time is active) note, even when you
    > credit freedays time runs out you can still use your existing credit to
    > make calls.
    >
    > There are some other similar options where you 300 minutes a week but out
    > standard calls rates are higher, guess it depends on your weekly call
    > amount

    How about something like X-Lite with many of these 'free 300 minutes'
    accounts?

    My wife calls Malaysia ALOT and it would be a very good deal for her.

    Anti Spam Bloke, Jan 20, 2007
  5. Second Stage Lensman

    Brian Guest

    On 2007-01-20, Anti Spam Bloke <> wrote:

    > "RH" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> If you are using a softphone you are probably better off using multiple
    >> accounts
    >>
    >> Use something like voip.co.uk for UK calls, this seems to be £1.99/month
    >> calls to malaysia are 2p/minute
    >> buy you could then buy credit for lowratevoip.com where calls to Malaysia
    >> are 0.9p/minute (you also get 200 minutes a week free calls to UK and
    >> Malasyia while the credit freedays time is active) note, even when you
    >> credit freedays time runs out you can still use your existing credit to
    >> make calls.
    >>
    >> There are some other similar options where you 300 minutes a week but out
    >> standard calls rates are higher, guess it depends on your weekly call
    >> amount
    >>

    > How about something like X-Lite with many of these 'free 300 minutes'
    > accounts?

    There should be no problem with getting it to work.

    > My wife calls Malaysia ALOT and it would be a very good deal for her.

    You may already have seen SIPDiscount's rates but landline calls to
    Malaysia are 0p per minute. They also have advice on how to set X-Lite
    up.

    Brian.

    Brian, Jan 21, 2007