    "real thing".

    Thanks!

    - John R. Baker

    John R. Baker, Apr 2, 2007

  2. John R. Baker

    Keme Guest

    John R. Baker skrev:
    > I need to create some simple animations for use in presentations. Adobe
    > (Macromedia) Flash is just the ticket. It does everything I need.
    >
    > Problem is, it does much _more_ than I need, and costs an arm an a leg.
    >
    > Is there some other lower cost (or free) alternative to Flash for creating
    > animations? I really need only very limited functionality, compared to the
    > "real thing".
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > - John R. Baker

    I recall using a simple, java based framework to accomplish much of the
    effects available with flash. Can't find it or remember its name, but
    there are a few similar projects going on. Macao seems to be the closest
    match (but then, that depends on your exact requirements). Didn't ever
    test it, though.
    http://macao.sourceforge.net/

    Keme, Apr 2, 2007

  3. "Keme" <> wrote in message
    > John R. Baker skrev:
    >> I need to create some simple animations for use in presentations. Adobe
    >> (Macromedia) Flash is just the ticket. It does everything I need.
    >>
    >> Problem is, it does much _more_ than I need, and costs an arm an a leg.
    >>
    >> Is there some other lower cost (or free) alternative to Flash for
    >> creating
    >> animations? I really need only very limited functionality, compared to
    >> the
    >> "real thing".
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >>
    >> - John R. Baker

    > I recall using a simple, java based framework to accomplish much of the
    > effects available with flash. Can't find it or remember its name, but
    > there are a few similar projects going on. Macao seems to be the closest
    > match (but then, that depends on your exact requirements). Didn't ever
    > test it, though.
    > http://macao.sourceforge.net/

    Keme,

    Thanks! I'll look into it.