    results were terrible, regardless of the settings I used.

    Can anyone suggest some good options that don't sacrifice quality?

    jm

    JM, Oct 26, 2005

  2. JM

    Guest

    I have been using Ilford Pearl paper with my R200 - results are good
    although I did get my inkset and paper profiled from drycreekphoto.com.

    I use the inks and cartridges from http://www.inksupply.com/inks.cfm

    (Just don't tell Epson, or your printer will explode)

    Steve

    , Oct 26, 2005

  3. JM

    Bill Funk Guest

    On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 15:37:35 GMT, "JM" <> wrote:

    >I use an Epson R200 with Epson papers (Premium Glossy, Heavyweight Matte,
    >and Photo Paper) with very good results. I've found acceptable cheaper
    >alternatives to the Epson inks at Printpal.com. Now I'm looking for good
    >alternatives to the Epson papers. I've tried some Kodak papers, but the
    >results were terrible, regardless of the settings I used.
    >
    >Can anyone suggest some good options that don't sacrifice quality?
    >
    >jm

    I've used Red River (http://www.redriverpaper.com/) for some time, and
    have excellent results on my R300.
    They have sample kits, with a rebate offer right now
    (http://www.redrivercatalog.com/samples/index.htm).

    --
    Bill Funk
    Replace "g" with "a"

    Bill Funk, Oct 26, 2005
  4. JM

    Eric Miller Guest

    "JM" <> wrote in message
    >I use an Epson R200 with Epson papers (Premium Glossy, Heavyweight Matte,
    >and Photo Paper) with very good results. I've found acceptable cheaper
    >alternatives to the Epson inks at Printpal.com. Now I'm looking for good
    >alternatives to the Epson papers. I've tried some Kodak papers, but the
    >results were terrible, regardless of the settings I used.
    >
    > Can anyone suggest some good options that don't sacrifice quality?
    >
    > jm

    The Ilford papers work well. I've even heard a rumor that Ilford makes the
    Epson papers.

    Eric Miller

    Eric Miller, Oct 26, 2005
  5. JM

    Bill Hilton Guest

    Bill Hilton, Oct 26, 2005
  6. JM

    HIKER4LIFE Guest

    My experience, while using Kodak, fuji and ilford papers, is that the inks
    tend to "lay on top of the paper" rather than being absorbed into the paper
    as Epson papers react. Perhaps this is not "said" technically - but that's
    my perception and if I were to print a snapshot on these "other" papers and
    put it under the cellophane of an album, it sticks tightly to that
    cellephane.

    Any thoughts are appreciated.

    This, too, is a subject I am interested in.

    Hiker

    HIKER4LIFE, Oct 26, 2005
  7. JM

    Bob Salomon Guest

    In article <L3U7f.24664$>,
    "HIKER4LIFE" <> wrote:

    > My experience, while using Kodak, fuji and ilford papers, is that the inks
    > tend to "lay on top of the paper" rather than being absorbed into the paper
    > as Epson papers react. Perhaps this is not "said" technically - but that's
    > my perception and if I were to print a snapshot on these "other" papers and
    > put it under the cellophane of an album, it sticks tightly to that
    > cellephane.
    >
    > Any thoughts are appreciated.
    >
    > This, too, is a subject I am interested in.
    >
    > Hiker

    Tetenal SpectraJet and Duo Print papers work fine on an Epson.

    --
    To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

    Bob Salomon, Oct 27, 2005
  8. JM

    Mark² Guest

    JM wrote:
    > I use an Epson R200 with Epson papers (Premium Glossy, Heavyweight
    > Matte, and Photo Paper) with very good results. I've found
    > acceptable cheaper alternatives to the Epson inks at Printpal.com. Now I'm
    > looking for good alternatives to the Epson papers. I've
    > tried some Kodak papers, but the results were terrible, regardless of
    > the settings I used.
    > Can anyone suggest some good options that don't sacrifice quality?
    >
    > jm

    I like "ICI OlmecOptimum Photo Satin 260" paper from
    www.digitalartsupplies.com
    It's very similar in look and feel to Epson Premium Luster, but is prints
    better (IMO)...comes in rolls, sheets, and...they'll even cut custom size
    rolls for you if you like. It's a fantastic paper for both standard ink and
    ultra-chrome inks. Digital Art Supplies also provides downloads of their
    profiles for ICI paper.

    Check their site if interested, and give them a call.
    A REAL person actually answers the phone. :) -Amazing though that may
    sound...
    :)

    Mark², Oct 27, 2005