    tried all the trick on Kodak's support page.

    Any and all help will be appreciated.

    Thanks.

    Louis J. LaBash, Jr., Aug 5, 2003

  2. Louis J. LaBash, Jr.

    Don Coon Guest

    "Louis J. LaBash, Jr." <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Are there any alternatives to EasyShare for transferring pictures from
    > camera to machine.

    The absolute best way to transfer pix to a computer is via a card reader (<
    $20). I'm sure you'll get this recommendation from most people here.
    Forget the SW.

    Don Coon, Aug 5, 2003

  3. Louis J. LaBash, Jr.

    Bill Jackson Guest

    yea, but....

    The card reader doesn't transfer the pictures, it just makes the pictures
    appear like a hard drive. If you want it done automatically you need SOME
    software.

    BTW, if you have the camera drivers installed right the camera will appear
    as a hard drive in the computer so you can use explorer to transfer the
    pictures just like you would have to with a cardreader. If you don't like
    the software, you CAN do a custom install and not install EasyShare, just
    the drivers.

    So, in reality you don't really need to spend $20 for a card reader, the
    camera can pretend to be one if you want it to.

    "Don Coon" <coondw_nospam@hotmail_dot_.com> wrote in message

    > "Louis J. LaBash, Jr." <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Are there any alternatives to EasyShare for transferring pictures from
    > > camera to machine.

    > The absolute best way to transfer pix to a computer is via a card reader

    (<

    Bill Jackson, Aug 6, 2003
  4. "Don Coon" <coondw_nospam@hotmail_dot_.com> wrote in message news:<YARXa.71381$uu5.7595@sccrnsc04>...
    > "Louis J. LaBash, Jr." <> wrote in message

    > > Are there any alternatives to EasyShare for transferring pictures from
    > > camera to machine.

    > The absolute best way to transfer pix to a computer is via a card reader (<
    > $20). I'm sure you'll get this recommendation from most people here.
    > Forget the SW.

    Would this require transfer from camera to memory-card and then
    transferring from card to machine via a reader?

    Thanks, hadn't thought of that option.

    Louis J. LaBash, Jr., Aug 6, 2003
  5. "Bill Jackson" <> wrote in message news:<bgqncl$6aq$>...
    > Download and use EasyShare 3.0, which has had a number of improvements in
    > this area.
    > it's at http://www.kodak.com/go/easysharesw

    Well, downloaded 'install_easyshare.exe' (EasyShare 3.x) as suggested;
    but got following when trying to execute it:

    "Kodak EasyShare was unable to finish your task. [Error code:
    11-89-2147024809]"

    Tested 'install_easyshare.exe' with WinRAR and no errors found.

    Downloaded 'install_easyshare.exe' again, a day later and obtained
    identical results.

    According to Kodak's web-site this Error code indicates a problem with
    Microsoft's Window Installer. So, I followed the link given,
    downloaded 'InstMsiA.exe'.

    Tried installing 'InstMsia.exe' got "The specified service already
    exists".

    Tested 'InstMsiA.exe' with WinRAR and no errors found.

    I even went so far as to delete msi.dll, msiexec.exe, msihnd.dll,
    msisip.dll, msimsg.dll, msimain.dll, msiinst.exe and then ran
    InstMsiA.exe.

    Properties revealed 'msiexec.exe' to be version 2.0.2600.2, the very
    latest.

    Still can't install EasyShare 3 because of "Kodak EasyShare was unable
    to finish your task. [Error code: 11-89-2147024809]"
    ..

    Louis J. LaBash, Jr., Aug 8, 2003