    doS Guest

    any suggestions?
    TIA

    doS, Jul 1, 2007

  2. doS

    Larry Guest

    Larry, Jul 1, 2007

  3. doS

    Clogwog Guest

    Clogwog, Jul 1, 2007
  4. doS

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "doS" <> wrote in message
    news:%8Rhi.20$...
    > any suggestions?
    > TIA

    How serious are you? The alternatives don't seem to "have it all", but if
    you merely want to use them as a print driver to output what you see create
    in your apps (Word, Excel, web, email, anything that you can print) they are
    fine. I've used several apps that create PDF files - including Acrobat.

    These are free: www.primopdf.com, www.pdf995.com (although the later pops
    up ads unless you pay the $9.95 US)

    And this one is specialized (also not free): www.scan2email.net

    Acrobat gives me the distiller - the ability to generate many different
    resolutions - I use the press quality output for some of my work at the
    office that goes to our local printer. And it also scans to PDF for me, like
    the Scan2Email above.

    WhzzKdd, Jul 1, 2007
  5. doS

    doS Guest

    A8 has know issues, it wont stay open and crashed constantly.Abode is aware,
    but hasnt acted on it yet, even the lastest update to 8.1 craps out.

    doS, Jul 1, 2007
  6. doS

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Yeah - I use it on my home PC in Vista just fine, but I know of others who
    had problems. If you don't need the scan-to-PDF functions, I really like the
    PrimoPDF for simplicity (and price!)

    WhzzKdd, Jul 1, 2007
  7. doS

    doS Guest

    Check out Nitro PDF...cool

    doS, Jul 2, 2007
  8. doS

    WhzzKdd Guest

    It has the forms creation and most other things - but I didn't see any
    options to scan to PDF - but I didn't download and install it. If you put
    the software on your PC, check that for me: I need to be able to do that on
    a couple more PCs at work.

    WhzzKdd, Jul 2, 2007
  9. doS

    doS Guest

    it does have it, scan to pdf...

    doS, Jul 2, 2007
  10. doS

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Cool - I'll have to see about their multi-user pricing, and compare that to
    Acrobat. I have at least 4 users I know of at work that could really use
    that. We put in a MFC type printer on the network that will allow them to
    scan, but since they don't have scan-to-pdf they have a hard time using it.
    I showed one user how to scan to a JPG, then print the JPG to a PDF, but
    they think that's too difficult. Grrrr...

    WhzzKdd, Jul 2, 2007
  11. doS

    doS Guest

    the apps is only 99.00, great considering Abode price is quadruple or more.

    doS, Jul 2, 2007
  12. doS

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Digging into it more, they have an "Express" version for half that again.
    I'll have to email their support and ask if that one scans directly to PDF
    as well. I don't need the forms tools or much else even.

    WhzzKdd, Jul 2, 2007
  13. doS

    doS Guest

    post back what you find out please

    doS

    doS, Jul 2, 2007
  14. doS

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Their sales contact emailed me back saying that the Express version does not
    include the scan-to-PDF option, only the pro version. No surprise. But it
    was worth the time it took to ask :)

    WhzzKdd, Jul 2, 2007