    Perhaps the days for this analogue card are limited anyway. Maybe I
    should consider a digital card, but I might wait until I build a new
    PC with XP installed.
    Nighthawk, Aug 7, 2007

  2. Nighthawk

    SteveM Guest

    Nighthawk <> wrote in
    news::

    > Recently I found that my Cebra teletext programme no longer starts,
    > (since I changed my mobo), with an error message 'CTserver unable to
    > start', or words to that effect. Uninstalling and reinstalling makes
    > no difference. The Cebra site does not seem to have any teletext
    > programmes for download (I am sure that I have downloaded one from
    > the Net in the past). Are there any alternative teletext programmes
    > that might work?
    >
    > The TV card itself works fine, just the teletext programme that won't.
    >
    > Perhaps the days for this analogue card are limited anyway. Maybe I
    > should consider a digital card, but I might wait until I build a new
    > PC with XP installed.

    Dscaler http://deinterlace.sourceforge.net/downloads.htm

    Full-on TV tuner software with very good Teletext functionality.

    SteveM
    SteveM, Aug 9, 2007

  3. Nighthawk

    Richard Guest

    SteveM wrote:

    >> Perhaps the days for this analogue card are limited anyway. Maybe I
    >> should consider a digital card, but I might wait until I build a new
    >> PC with XP installed.
    >>

    > Dscaler http://deinterlace.sourceforge.net/downloads.htm
    >
    > Full-on TV tuner software with very good Teletext functionality.

    dscaler gave me lots of errors in the text when I tried it, whereas the
    supplied software was largely error free.
    Richard, Aug 9, 2007
  4. Nighthawk

    Nighthawk Guest

    On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 05:44:25 +0000 (UTC), SteveM <>
    wrote:

    >Nighthawk <> wrote in
    >
    >> Recently I found that my Cebra teletext programme no longer starts,
    >> (since I changed my mobo), with an error message 'CTserver unable to
    >> start', or words to that effect. Uninstalling and reinstalling makes
    >> no difference. The Cebra site does not seem to have any teletext
    >> programmes for download (I am sure that I have downloaded one from
    >> the Net in the past). Are there any alternative teletext programmes
    >> that might work?
    >>
    >> The TV card itself works fine, just the teletext programme that won't.
    >>
    >> Perhaps the days for this analogue card are limited anyway. Maybe I
    >> should consider a digital card, but I might wait until I build a new
    >> PC with XP installed.
    >>

    >Dscaler http://deinterlace.sourceforge.net/downloads.htm
    >
    >Full-on TV tuner software with very good Teletext functionality.
    >
    >SteveM

    Well, blow me down, I have that installed and didn't realise it had
    teletext included, just press 'T'. It works fine, including scaling
    up to fullscreen, but, I can't see how to do a screen capture or text
    capture which I could do with the original software. I just get a
    green screen.

    Perhaps if I untick Teletext from the dropdown menu maybe the original
    might work again. Will reinstall it later to try.

    Thanks
    Nighthawk, Aug 9, 2007
  5. Nighthawk

    Nighthawk Guest

    On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 22:56:07 +1200, Nighthawk <>
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 05:44:25 +0000 (UTC), SteveM <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Nighthawk <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> Recently I found that my Cebra teletext programme no longer starts,
    >>> (since I changed my mobo), with an error message 'CTserver unable to
    >>> start', or words to that effect. Uninstalling and reinstalling makes
    >>> no difference. The Cebra site does not seem to have any teletext
    >>> programmes for download (I am sure that I have downloaded one from
    >>> the Net in the past). Are there any alternative teletext programmes
    >>> that might work?
    >>>
    >>> The TV card itself works fine, just the teletext programme that won't.
    >>>
    >>> Perhaps the days for this analogue card are limited anyway. Maybe I
    >>> should consider a digital card, but I might wait until I build a new
    >>> PC with XP installed.
    >>>

    >>Dscaler http://deinterlace.sourceforge.net/downloads.htm
    >>
    >>Full-on TV tuner software with very good Teletext functionality.
    >>
    >>SteveM

    >Well, blow me down, I have that installed and didn't realise it had
    >teletext included, just press 'T'. It works fine, including scaling
    >up to fullscreen, but, I can't see how to do a screen capture or text
    >capture which I could do with the original software. I just get a
    >green screen.

    The usual 'L' button for screen capture doesn't work with Teletext but
    I found that Grabber2K that I have installed will capture the telext
    whether fullscreen or windowed, but I still can't copy the text.
    Nighthawk, Aug 9, 2007