    or successfully tried and got hold of the disk.

    --
    Why microsoft?.......Why?

    =?Utf-8?B?UmhpZ2dzeQ==?=, May 27, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UmhpZ2dzeQ==?=

    Theo Guest

    Rhiggsy wrote:
    > I recently purchased Window Vista Premium Edition, to find that it was only
    > 32bit software on the disk. I went to www.windowsvista.com/64-bit and
    > followed the links to get hold of a 64-bit disk but it fails to work i get
    > the message in red. no offers something or other. anyone else getting this?
    > or successfully tried and got hold of the disk.
    > --

    Why microsoft?.......Why?

    Why? Because you probably purchased an OEM version and you
    only get one or the other, not both, with no option to
    upgrade from 32-bit to 64-bit media.

    If you bought OEM and now want 64-bit you will need to
    purchase a 64-bit version at no discount.

    Theo, May 27, 2007

  3. Retail versions of Windows Vista Ultimate Edition include both 64-bit and
    32-bit DVDs in the package. And the license is for either version, your
    choice. But OEM versions of Ultimate Edition are _only_ 32-bit OR 64-bit.
    Not both. You have no upgrade path, and no recourse. I'm sorry, but that's
    unfortunately one of the problems with buying OEM versions of software -
    your choices may be more limited.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64