Alternative DVD encoding & writing software

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by John, Mar 27, 2005.

  1. John

    John Guest

    Hello.

    I just wondered if anyone can recommend any alternative software for
    writing DVDs to Nero 6 and TMPG DVD Author?

    Nero 6 is too slow, and TMPG doesn't work. There is a fault with it
    that Pegasys technical support don't seem to be able to fix. The
    output part works but the writing doesn't.

    Even if I just to the output in TMPG and then write with Nero, all I
    get is the video, I don't have any menus unfortunately.

    I am looking for something similar to TMPG DVA that is fast at
    encoding.

    Thanks

    John
    John, Mar 27, 2005

  2. John

    Smarty Guest

    I have at least a half dozen authoring programs here, and NONE are as fast
    as TMPGE DVA. Nero 6 is also the fastest of the burning programs I have,
    comparing to 4 others I own.

    Maybe we can help you get them to work. We've had literally thousands of
    questions on this newsgroup over the last 4 years I've been here, and I
    cannot remember ever hearing the complaint that TMPGE DVD Author doesn't
    work............and Nero 6 does a full 4.7 GB DVD in 6 minutes and 37
    seconds on my burners here.........

    Smarty

    Smarty, Mar 27, 2005

  3. John

    Rick Guest

    "Smarty" <> wrote in message
    >I have at least a half dozen authoring programs here, and NONE are as fast
    >as TMPGE DVA. Nero 6 is also the fastest of the burning programs I have,
    >comparing to 4 others I own.
    >
    > Maybe we can help you get them to work. We've had literally thousands of
    > questions on this newsgroup over the last 4 years I've been here, and I
    > cannot remember ever hearing the complaint that TMPGE DVD Author doesn't
    > work............and Nero 6 does a full 4.7 GB DVD in 6 minutes and 37
    > seconds on my burners here.........

    But the problem with TMPG DVD author is that it only allows you to import
    one audio soundtrack and refuses to read in the subtitles. I would have
    thought that any DVD authoring program would simply use exactly the same
    ..VOB files as have already been created and then just allow you to generate
    your own menu systems for them. Instead, Nero wants to re-encode an already
    DVD-compliant .VOB file, and TMPG wants to get rid of all your hard work
    with the audio and subtitles.

    Surely there has to be a better DVD Authoring program out there? Any
    Rick, Mar 27, 2005
  4. John

    Smarty Guest

    Rick,

    The original poster, John, only made one specific complaint about TMPGE DVD
    Author when he stated: "There is a fault with it that Pegasys technical
    support don't seem to be able to fix. The
    output part works but the writing doesn't." He made no mention whatsoever of
    your criticisms of TMPGE DVD Author.

    It is indeed true that this program does not support multiple audio tracks
    nor does it support subtitles.

    I am attempting to help him fix his specific problem.

    Regarding your complaint, I think you may want to take a look at DVD Lab
    Pro. This may be able to do what you want. I have not used it personally, so
    I hesitate to make any promises for it. Others can help you here.

    Maybe a new thread requesting help in finding the right program might be the
    next step...

    Smarty

    Smarty, Mar 27, 2005
  5. John

    Ken Maltby Guest

    "Rick" <> wrote in message

    > "Smarty" <> wrote in message
    >>I have at least a half dozen authoring programs here, and NONE are as fast
    >>as TMPGE DVA. Nero 6 is also the fastest of the burning programs I have,
    >>comparing to 4 others I own.
    >>
    >> Maybe we can help you get them to work. We've had literally thousands of
    >> questions on this newsgroup over the last 4 years I've been here, and I
    >> cannot remember ever hearing the complaint that TMPGE DVD Author doesn't
    >> work............and Nero 6 does a full 4.7 GB DVD in 6 minutes and 37
    >> seconds on my burners here.........

    > But the problem with TMPG DVD author is that it only allows you to import
    > one audio soundtrack and refuses to read in the subtitles. I would have
    > thought that any DVD authoring program would simply use exactly the same
    > .VOB files as have already been created and then just allow you to
    > generate your own menu systems for them. Instead, Nero wants to re-encode
    > an already DVD-compliant .VOB file, and TMPG wants to get rid of all your
    > hard work with the audio and subtitles.
    >
    > Surely there has to be a better DVD Authoring program out there? Any

    "Rick", you are changing the issue, but If you want a good author
    program that will do subtitles and more than two audio "tracks" ;
    then you can spend the extra money for DVDLab Pro. TDA
    makes no claim to supporting those features, so it's not a case of
    them not working.

    The part of the OP that raises flags is his seeming inability
    to do what many of us have done countless times. This suggests
    that his problems aren't in the software programs he is finding
    fault with but some other factor. There are plenty of us here
    who are willing to help sort out such problems, but it takes
    some cooperation and a little open mindedness, on the part of
    the guy with the problem. Also, a good deal more information
    about his system. ( for instance TDA's burning app only works
    in XP, and uses the PXHellper) (there are many ways to use
    Nero, some of them are counterproductive, but it can burn great
    DVDs quickly)

    Luck;
    Ken
    Ken Maltby, Mar 27, 2005
  6. John

    OldTimer Guest

    On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 12:57:02 -0600, "Ken Maltby"
    <> wrote:

    >"Rick" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Smarty" <> wrote in message
    >>>I have at least a half dozen authoring programs here, and NONE are as fast
    >>>as TMPGE DVA. Nero 6 is also the fastest of the burning programs I have,
    >>>comparing to 4 others I own.
    >>>
    >>> Maybe we can help you get them to work. We've had literally thousands of
    >>> questions on this newsgroup over the last 4 years I've been here, and I
    >>> cannot remember ever hearing the complaint that TMPGE DVD Author doesn't
    >>> work............and Nero 6 does a full 4.7 GB DVD in 6 minutes and 37
    >>> seconds on my burners here.........

    >> But the problem with TMPG DVD author is that it only allows you to import
    >> one audio soundtrack and refuses to read in the subtitles. I would have
    >> thought that any DVD authoring program would simply use exactly the same
    >> .VOB files as have already been created and then just allow you to
    >> generate your own menu systems for them. Instead, Nero wants to re-encode
    >> an already DVD-compliant .VOB file, and TMPG wants to get rid of all your
    >> hard work with the audio and subtitles.
    >>
    >> Surely there has to be a better DVD Authoring program out there? Any
    >> suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    >>

    > "Rick", you are changing the issue, but If you want a good author
    >program that will do subtitles and more than two audio "tracks" ;
    >then you can spend the extra money for DVDLab Pro. TDA
    >makes no claim to supporting those features, so it's not a case of
    >them not working.

    I'll add a second to this suggestion. DVDLab Pro is not only easy to
    use, it is, IMHO, very intuitive. Menu creation is very easy and the
    program gives you lots of options that are easy to learn and use yet
    powerful enough to do a great job.

    As far as burning DVDs is concerned, my personal favorite is Veritas
    RecordNow in one of its versions - I happen to be using the DX version
    which came with my Sony burner. Veritas no longer owns this company
    since Sonic bought them out so it's now Sonic RecordNow but still the
    same good program.

    > The part of the OP that raises flags is his seeming inability
    >to do what many of us have done countless times. This suggests
    >that his problems aren't in the software programs he is finding
    >fault with but some other factor. There are plenty of us here
    >who are willing to help sort out such problems, but it takes
    >some cooperation and a little open mindedness, on the part of
    >the guy with the problem. Also, a good deal more information
    >about his system. ( for instance TDA's burning app only works
    >in XP, and uses the PXHellper) (there are many ways to use
    >Nero, some of them are counterproductive, but it can burn great
    >DVDs quickly)

    Again, I'll second this observation. Many of us have done these very
    things over and over again with little or no problem so my guess is
    that this is some problem other than a software problem.

    OldTimer

    OldTimer, Mar 28, 2005
  7. John

    Darkknight Guest

    i use TMPGENC DVD Author, have had no problems with it, burning works
    like a dream

    Darkknight, Mar 28, 2005
  8. John

    John Guest

    Hello.

    I have some more info...

    In TMPG DVA I can import video, and chop the video up to the parts I
    want, I can create menus for the video and output it no problem.

    The problem I have is when I try and burn it by bringing up the
    writing tool.

    The error message I get is the following:

    ""The ordinal 3001 could not be located in the dynamic link library
    PX.dll."

    I read in the help files that it said to exit completely, then open
    the project again and then click the writing tool. However I have the
    same message.

    I did try to burn the folders already created/encoded by TMPG DVA
    using Nero6 as Ken suggested. It burned the DVD no problem,
    unfortunately though all the menus I created had disappeared.

    I contacted the Pegasys technical support about the issue and they
    suggested that it may be a conflict with other DVD burning software on
    my computer, and I should uninstall TMPG DVA and all other DVD writing
    software, then just reinstall the TMPG DVA, and it should work.

    I did all this and completely removed all the Nero stuff from my
    system, then reinstalled the TMPG DVA software, but there is still the
    same problem.

    I have emailed back Pegasys but am waiting to see if they reply.

    If you also know of anything that may help, or something overlooked
    that may be the problem that I can try fix I'd welcome suggestions.

    If I could just get around that problem then it would be a brilliant
    piece of software and extremely fast one at encoding too.

    For the encoding of a DVD Nero is taking over 3 hours using Nero
    Vision Express (NVE). With TMPG DVA it took under 15 minutes to do
    the encoding part! That's an amazing difference. If I can just get
    the writing part to work then that would be great.

    John
    John, Mar 29, 2005
  9. John

    Smarty Guest

    Are you using Windows XP?

    Smarty, Mar 29, 2005
  10. John

    Ken Maltby Guest

    "Smarty" <> wrote in message
    > Are you using Windows XP?

    Are you taking bets?
    ----------------------
    John; if the menus disapeared you burnt it as a data disk.

    The following is from the TDA Help files; "Notes on writing
    to DVD media" :

    NERO BURNING ROM

    Run Nero Burning Rom.

    If the Wizard starts up, please close it.

    1. Select DVD-ROM(UDF/ISO)

    2. Click New, and then the label UDF .

    3. Select Physical partition, File system UDF 1.02 and check
    the box "Force DVD-Video compatibility mode (required for
    Xbox TM)"

    4. Drag & drop the two folders (AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS)
    from the File browser (right side) to the New compilation (left side).

    5. Click the Write-CD dialog button.

    Luck;
    Ken
    Ken Maltby, Mar 29, 2005
  11. In article <>,
    John <> wrote:
    >Hello.
    >
    >I have some more info...

    >In TMPG DVA I can import video, and chop the video up to the parts I
    >want, I can create menus for the video and output it no problem.

    >The problem I have is when I try and burn it by bringing up the
    >writing tool.

    >The error message I get is the following:

    >""The ordinal 3001 could not be located in the dynamic link library
    >PX.dll."

    >I read in the help files that it said to exit completely, then open
    >the project again and then click the writing tool. However I have the
    >same message.

    >I did try to burn the folders already created/encoded by TMPG DVA
    >using Nero6 as Ken suggested. It burned the DVD no problem,
    >unfortunately though all the menus I created had disappeared.

    >I contacted the Pegasys technical support about the issue and they
    >suggested that it may be a conflict with other DVD burning software on
    >my computer, and I should uninstall TMPG DVA and all other DVD writing
    >software, then just reinstall the TMPG DVA, and it should work.

    >I did all this and completely removed all the Nero stuff from my
    >system, then reinstalled the TMPG DVA software, but there is still the
    >same problem.

    I suspect it is something else. I have TMPGenc, TDA, Nero and
    Roxio. [I got Roxio first and had problems and after a couple of
    days with no response from Roxio I bought Nero]

    I have no problems like yours. The only problem I had was when one
    of the brands I used changed manufacturers, and I was getting
    errors at 8X in TDA, so I dropped it down to 4x.

    So I if you include DVDDecryptor, that means I have four separate
    writing tools.

    >I have emailed back Pegasys but am waiting to see if they reply.

    >If you also know of anything that may help, or something overlooked
    >that may be the problem that I can try fix I'd welcome suggestions.

    >If I could just get around that problem then it would be a brilliant
    >piece of software and extremely fast one at encoding too.

    >For the encoding of a DVD Nero is taking over 3 hours using Nero
    >Vision Express (NVE). With TMPG DVA it took under 15 minutes to do
    >the encoding part! That's an amazing difference. If I can just get
    >the writing part to work then that would be great.

    The TDA is just taking the already encoded video and putting it
    in a format you need to create a DVD. I suspect your Nero is
    re-encoding the data - which you really don't want. That question
    has come up before in this NG, but I don't recall the place in Nero
    where you change that.

    I suspect you have some problem not related to Nero to Pegasys's
    software. Maybe the base MS has a problem.

    Bill

    --
    Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com
    Bill Vermillion, Mar 29, 2005
  12. John

    Alpha Guest

    "Bill Vermillion" <> wrote in message news:...
    > In article <>,
    > John <> wrote:
    >>Hello.
    >>
    >>I have some more info...

    >>In TMPG DVA I can import video, and chop the video up to the parts I
    >>want, I can create menus for the video and output it no problem.

    >>The problem I have is when I try and burn it by bringing up the
    >>writing tool.

    >>The error message I get is the following:

    >>""The ordinal 3001 could not be located in the dynamic link library
    >>PX.dll."

    >>I read in the help files that it said to exit completely, then open
    >>the project again and then click the writing tool. However I have the
    >>same message.

    >>I did try to burn the folders already created/encoded by TMPG DVA
    >>using Nero6 as Ken suggested. It burned the DVD no problem,
    >>unfortunately though all the menus I created had disappeared.

    >>I contacted the Pegasys technical support about the issue and they
    >>suggested that it may be a conflict with other DVD burning software on
    >>my computer, and I should uninstall TMPG DVA and all other DVD writing
    >>software, then just reinstall the TMPG DVA, and it should work.

    >>I did all this and completely removed all the Nero stuff from my
    >>system, then reinstalled the TMPG DVA software, but there is still the
    >>same problem.

    > I suspect it is something else. I have TMPGenc, TDA, Nero and
    > Roxio. [I got Roxio first and had problems and after a couple of
    > days with no response from Roxio I bought Nero]
    >
    > I have no problems like yours. The only problem I had was when one
    > of the brands I used changed manufacturers, and I was getting
    > errors at 8X in TDA, so I dropped it down to 4x.
    >
    > So I if you include DVDDecryptor, that means I have four separate
    > writing tools.
    >
    >>I have emailed back Pegasys but am waiting to see if they reply.

    >>If you also know of anything that may help, or something overlooked
    >>that may be the problem that I can try fix I'd welcome suggestions.

    >>If I could just get around that problem then it would be a brilliant
    >>piece of software and extremely fast one at encoding too.

    >>For the encoding of a DVD Nero is taking over 3 hours using Nero
    >>Vision Express (NVE). With TMPG DVA it took under 15 minutes to do
    >>the encoding part! That's an amazing difference. If I can just get
    >>the writing part to work then that would be great.

    > The TDA is just taking the already encoded video and putting it
    > in a format you need to create a DVD.

    >I suspect your Nero is
    > re-encoding the data - which you really don't want.

    Nero ALWAYS encodes. It's first step, in fact, is to structure separate
    video and audio streams.

    Alpha, Mar 29, 2005
  13. John

    me Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    > Hello.
    >
    > I just wondered if anyone can recommend any alternative software for
    > writing DVDs to Nero 6 and TMPG DVD Author?
    >
    > Nero 6 is too slow, and TMPG doesn't work. There is a fault with it
    > that Pegasys technical support don't seem to be able to fix. The
    > output part works but the writing doesn't.
    >
    > Even if I just to the output in TMPG and then write with Nero, all I
    > get is the video, I don't have any menus unfortunately.
    >
    > I am looking for something similar to TMPG DVA that is fast at
    > encoding.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > John

    John,I sometimes get writing errors when using TMPG DVDA's burning tool to
    burn the folders it created.So i now make a disc image from those folders
    using IMG Tool Classic, then burn the disc image with DVD Decrypter,and it
    works great.
    me, Mar 29, 2005
  14. On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 20:47:32 -0600, Ken Maltby
    <> wrote:

    >>> I did try to burn the folders already created/encoded by TMPG DVA
    >>> using Nero6 as Ken suggested. It burned the DVD no problem,
    >>> unfortunately though all the menus I created had disappeared.
    >>>
    >>> If you also know of anything that may help, or something overlooked
    >>> that may be the problem that I can try fix I'd welcome suggestions.

    > "Smarty" <> wrote in message
    >> Are you using Windows XP?

    > Are you taking bets?
    > ----------------------
    > John; if the menus disapeared you burnt it as a data disk.
    >
    > The following is from the TDA Help files; "Notes on writing
    > to DVD media" :
    >
    > NERO BURNING ROM
    >
    > Run Nero Burning Rom.

    Unfortunately Nero V6 makes it harder to find the part you need.

    I'm not at home with access to my media PC at the moment, but from
    memory:

    Ignore NeroVision Express if you have it.
    Ignore anything like "Startup Wizard".
    Look for the most basic version of Nero under Start / Programs / Nero.

    > 1. Select DVD-ROM(UDF/ISO)
    >
    > 2. Click New, and then the label UDF .

    Mine didn't have those. It did have something like "Burn DVD from
    directory", which worked. It was, as I recall, the bottom option on the
    right hand side of the window.

    I'll look when I get back home for exact details...

    Chris C
    Chris Croughton, Mar 29, 2005
  15. On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 04:13:21 GMT, OldTimer wrote:

    > I'll add a second to this suggestion. DVDLab Pro is not only easy to
    > use, it is, IMHO, very intuitive. Menu creation is very easy and the
    > program gives you lots of options that are easy to learn and use yet
    > powerful enough to do a great job.

    Another thing DVDlab Pro has going for it: it's *seriously* fast. It puts
    expensive alternatives such as Adobe Encore and Sonic DVD Producer to
    absolute and total shame.

    It's not perfect yet. But the developer puts more effort into fixing
    problems and adding new features in a few months than Sonic does in a
    couple of years. Oh, and unlike the Sonic product, DVDlab's error messages
    are actually in English (and anyone who's ever suffered Sonic's
    ever-so-helpful error messages ("DVDerr -9087" anyone?) will know exactly
    what I'm talking about :)

    Oh, and the DVDlab crew have a sense of humour, too. Just look at the text
    in the Prohibited User Operations settings dialog :)
    Anthony Horan, Mar 29, 2005
  16. On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 01:25:20 +0100, John wrote:

    > In TMPG DVA I can import video, and chop the video up to the parts I
    > want, I can create menus for the video and output it no problem.
    >
    > The problem I have is when I try and burn it by bringing up the
    > writing tool.
    >
    > The error message I get is the following:
    >
    > ""The ordinal 3001 could not be located in the dynamic link library
    > PX.dll."

    PX.dll? Very telling. That's the same burning engine used by Sonic's
    products, and it's the only engine still in use that seems to have routine
    and regular conflicts with other apps and drivers (ah, remember the good
    old days of Easy CD Creator conflicting with everything in your system? :)

    The PX engine does, from my tests here, appear to be completely
    incompatible with an installed copy of Nero. This, however, remains just a
    theory at this stage.

    > I contacted the Pegasys technical support about the issue and they
    > suggested that it may be a conflict with other DVD burning software on
    > my computer, and I should uninstall TMPG DVA and all other DVD writing
    > software, then just reinstall the TMPG DVA, and it should work.

    Don't you just love getting rubbish advice like that? My take on it is:
    developers, this is the 21st century, and if you can't make a simple DVD
    burning app co-exist with others, don't put the product out to market.

    Hell, DVD Decrypter requires no drivers at all and no filters at all to
    read and write DVDs reliably each and every time. Ditto for the burning
    engine in DVDlab Pro.

    > I did all this and completely removed all the Nero stuff from my
    > system, then reinstalled the TMPG DVA software, but there is still the
    > same problem.

    Have you turned off Windows XP's CD burning settings and disabled the
    service?

    > For the encoding of a DVD Nero is taking over 3 hours using Nero
    > Vision Express (NVE).

    Don't go there. NVE's MPEG2 encoding is utterly dreadful.
    Anthony Horan, Mar 29, 2005
  17. John

    Geezah Guest

    me wrote:

    > "John" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hello.
    >>
    >>I just wondered if anyone can recommend any alternative software for
    >>writing DVDs to Nero 6 and TMPG DVD Author?
    >>
    >>Nero 6 is too slow, and TMPG doesn't work. There is a fault with it
    >>that Pegasys technical support don't seem to be able to fix. The
    >>output part works but the writing doesn't.
    >>
    >>Even if I just to the output in TMPG and then write with Nero, all I
    >>get is the video, I don't have any menus unfortunately.
    >>
    >>I am looking for something similar to TMPG DVA that is fast at
    >>encoding.
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>
    >>John
    >>

    > John,I sometimes get writing errors when using TMPG DVDA's burning tool to
    > burn the folders it created.So i now make a disc image from those folders
    > using IMG Tool Classic, then burn the disc image with DVD Decrypter,and it
    > works great.

    If You MUST use NVE - at the bottom of the screen click more, click Video Options, check *Enable Smart Encoding of Video and Audio Material*. Pressed for time this am. but I believe I tested this a few weeks back for someone else and it worked. Your video MUST be compliant however ( my source was a VHS capture on a Hauppauge PVR-350 set to *DVD Long play*).

    Nero Burning ROM, launch Nero, in the *new compilation* dialog select DVD Video, then new. This will give You a project that has a VIDEO_TS and an AUDIO_TS folder. Drag THE CONTENTS of the VIDEO_TS folder that your authoring app creates to the VIDEO_TS folder Nero created and burn it.

    re; DVDLab - Spend da money, it is well worth it. I made my first DVD in under an hour without using their wizards. Previously I had spent HOURS doing a wedding video (DON'T DO WEDDINGS!!!!!!) trying to get a menu where the buttons did not cover the bride & grooms face with the crap that came with my burners and capture card! The other advantage is that You will learn how DVDs work & then DVDLab will let you make a DVD jump through hoops! Forgive the run-on, told You I was in a hurry!

    geezah
    Geezah, Mar 29, 2005
  18. John

    John Guest

    On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 19:53:36 -0500, A strange species called "Smarty"
    <> wrote:

    >Are you using Windows XP?

    Yes I am. SP1. Is there an issue with this OS and TDA?

    John
    John, Mar 29, 2005
  19. John

    John Guest

    On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 22:45:24 +1000, A strange species called Anthony
    Horan <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 01:25:20 +0100, John wrote:
    >
    >> In TMPG DVA I can import video, and chop the video up to the parts I
    >> want, I can create menus for the video and output it no problem.
    >>
    >> The problem I have is when I try and burn it by bringing up the
    >> writing tool.
    >>
    >> The error message I get is the following:
    >>
    >> ""The ordinal 3001 could not be located in the dynamic link library
    >> PX.dll."

    >PX.dll? Very telling. That's the same burning engine used by Sonic's
    >products, and it's the only engine still in use that seems to have routine
    >and regular conflicts with other apps and drivers (ah, remember the good
    >old days of Easy CD Creator conflicting with everything in your system? :)
    >
    >The PX engine does, from my tests here, appear to be completely
    >incompatible with an installed copy of Nero. This, however, remains just a
    >theory at this stage.
    >
    >> I contacted the Pegasys technical support about the issue and they
    >> suggested that it may be a conflict with other DVD burning software on
    >> my computer, and I should uninstall TMPG DVA and all other DVD writing
    >> software, then just reinstall the TMPG DVA, and it should work.

    >Don't you just love getting rubbish advice like that? My take on it is:
    >developers, this is the 21st century, and if you can't make a simple DVD
    >burning app co-exist with others, don't put the product out to market.
    >
    >Hell, DVD Decrypter requires no drivers at all and no filters at all to
    >read and write DVDs reliably each and every time. Ditto for the burning
    >engine in DVDlab Pro.
    >
    >> I did all this and completely removed all the Nero stuff from my
    >> system, then reinstalled the TMPG DVA software, but there is still the
    >> same problem.

    >Have you turned off Windows XP's CD burning settings and disabled the
    >service?

    Anthony

    Is there a problem with Windows XP and TDA? And what is this Win XP CD
    Burning software? I never even knew it came with anything like this?
    Where is it and how do you turn it off?

    If this is causing the problem then I'll give it a try when its
    disabled.

    John
    John, Mar 29, 2005
  20. John

    John Guest

    On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 06:35:01 GMT, A strange species called
    (Bill Vermillion) wrote:

    >In article <>,
    >John <> wrote:
    >>Hello.
    >>
    >>I have some more info...

    >>In TMPG DVA I can import video, and chop the video up to the parts I
    >>want, I can create menus for the video and output it no problem.

    >>The problem I have is when I try and burn it by bringing up the
    >>writing tool.

    >>The error message I get is the following:

    >>""The ordinal 3001 could not be located in the dynamic link library
    >>PX.dll."

    >>I read in the help files that it said to exit completely, then open
    >>the project again and then click the writing tool. However I have the
    >>same message.

    >>I did try to burn the folders already created/encoded by TMPG DVA
    >>using Nero6 as Ken suggested. It burned the DVD no problem,
    >>unfortunately though all the menus I created had disappeared.

    >>I contacted the Pegasys technical support about the issue and they
    >>suggested that it may be a conflict with other DVD burning software on
    >>my computer, and I should uninstall TMPG DVA and all other DVD writing
    >>software, then just reinstall the TMPG DVA, and it should work.

    >>I did all this and completely removed all the Nero stuff from my
    >>system, then reinstalled the TMPG DVA software, but there is still the
    >>same problem.

    >I suspect it is something else. I have TMPGenc, TDA, Nero and
    >Roxio. [I got Roxio first and had problems and after a couple of
    >days with no response from Roxio I bought Nero]
    >
    >I have no problems like yours. The only problem I had was when one
    >of the brands I used changed manufacturers, and I was getting
    >errors at 8X in TDA, so I dropped it down to 4x.
    >
    >So I if you include DVDDecryptor, that means I have four separate
    >writing tools.
    >
    >>I have emailed back Pegasys but am waiting to see if they reply.

    >>If you also know of anything that may help, or something overlooked
    >>that may be the problem that I can try fix I'd welcome suggestions.

    >>If I could just get around that problem then it would be a brilliant
    >>piece of software and extremely fast one at encoding too.

    >>For the encoding of a DVD Nero is taking over 3 hours using Nero
    >>Vision Express (NVE). With TMPG DVA it took under 15 minutes to do
    >>the encoding part! That's an amazing difference. If I can just get
    >>the writing part to work then that would be great.

    >The TDA is just taking the already encoded video and putting it
    >in a format you need to create a DVD. I suspect your Nero is
    >re-encoding the data - which you really don't want. That question
    >has come up before in this NG, but I don't recall the place in Nero
    >where you change that.
    >
    >I suspect you have some problem not related to Nero to Pegasys's
    >software.

    >Maybe the base MS has a problem.

    Bill... What does this last part mean? "base MS"?

    I like TDA, so if I can get the thing working I'll be happy. It has 23
    days left of trial though. Then I'll have to try something else.

    Thanks

    John
    John, Mar 29, 2005