    Using WZC to connect.

    Regards
    TWK

    Toobi Won Kenobi, Feb 26, 2007

  2. "Toobi Won Kenobi" <> wrote in message
    >I have a laptop that needs to be auto configured for one network and
    >manually configured for another.
    > Yet when I try and connect to the manually configured network it refuses
    > to do so, it takes an age trying to connect to the auto configured one. Is
    > there any way to force it to use the manually inputted IP addresses after
    > a certain ammount of time, instead of only looking for the auto configured
    > setting? I have tried the manual settings on the one page user configured
    > option and it connects OK.
    > Using WZC to connect.

    I tried that last night I set my wifi adapter to be auto-configured but
    manual IP address as an alternate configuration. This enabled me to connect
    to other open wifi networks in my area and recieve an IP address
    automatically but when I connected to a network with no DHCP it would assign
    the manual address. It did take about 30 seconds to a minute before the
    manual IP address was assigned however as it spent the rest of the time
    trying to get an auto configuration. I don't think there is a way you can
    change the amount of time before it times out and uses the alternate
    configuration however I maybe wrong.

    Nick Le Lievre, Feb 27, 2007

  3. "Nick Le Lievre" <> wrote in message
    > "Toobi Won Kenobi" <> wrote in message
    >>I have a laptop that needs to be auto configured for one network and
    >>manually configured for another.
    >> Yet when I try and connect to the manually configured network it refuses
    >> to do so, it takes an age trying to connect to the auto configured one.
    >> Is there any way to force it to use the manually inputted IP addresses
    >> after a certain ammount of time, instead of only looking for the auto
    >> configured setting? I have tried the manual settings on the one page user
    >> configured option and it connects OK.
    >> Using WZC to connect.
    >>

    > I tried that last night I set my wifi adapter to be auto-configured but
    > manual IP address as an alternate configuration. This enabled me to
    > connect to other open wifi networks in my area and recieve an IP address
    > automatically but when I connected to a network with no DHCP it would
    > assign the manual address. It did take about 30 seconds to a minute before
    > the manual IP address was assigned however as it spent the rest of the
    > time trying to get an auto configuration. I don't think there is a way you
    > can change the amount of time before it times out and uses the alternate
    > configuration however I maybe wrong.

    Hello Nick,

    Many thanks for your reply, I have tried this with other PC's and it does
    seem to work a lot quicker than on the laptop we are having problems with
    ( a Celeron with type B on board wifi). It tries for an age to auto
    configure then nothing.

    Again, many thanks,

    TWK

    Toobi Won Kenobi, Feb 27, 2007