Altering registry names

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ºoºfizzyºoº, Oct 28, 2003.

  1. Can anyone tell me how to adjust the name of somebody that appear as the
    'registered to' box when running an application.

    ºoºfizzyºoº, Oct 28, 2003

  2. ºoºfizzyºoº

    Petit Alexi Guest

    "ºoºfizzyºoº" <> wrote in news:1067344584.123984
    @ananke.eclipse.net.uk:

    > Can anyone tell me how to adjust the name of somebody that appear as the
    > 'registered to' box when running an application.

    Different software uses different schemes for the "registered to" name.

    If you really need ot have a different name try searching for cracks or key
    generators.

    Make sure that you have good, up to date anti virus software and a real
    firewall first.

    Petit Alexi, Oct 28, 2003

  3. :eek::fizzy:eek:: wrote:

    > Can anyone tell me how to adjust the name of somebody that appear as
    > the 'registered to' box when running an application.

    A easy way to do that is, open regedit and do a search for the name
    that is in the software registered to window. Make a back up of
    everything you change in case you need that later. It goes like this:
    Find
    Diogo (enter)
    Diogo -> replace the value with AnynameYouWant
    Hit F3 to find the next one and, keep doing that until you cannont find
    anything else.
    If you know how to navigate the registry just go to the software key
    and look for the name there :D

    --
    Diogo Miranda
    Sr. Network Administrator Contractor

    Diogo Miranda, Oct 28, 2003
  4. ºoºfizzyºoº

    °Mike° Guest

    Uninstall it and re-install it.

    On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 12:37:55 -0000, in
    <>
    ºoºfizzyºoº scrawled:

    >Can anyone tell me how to adjust the name of somebody that appear as the
    >'registered to' box when running an application.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 28, 2003