    completely shuffles the order around. It's not a deal-breaking issue but it
    is a bit of a pain.

    Anyone know of a hotfix? Search on the MS webby turned up nothing :-(
    Alex Clark, Aug 23, 2008

  2. Honestly haven't seen it. Can you try to keep track of what you were doing
    recently when it happens? And what windows you have open and current? Maybe
    a pattern will emerge.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 23, 2008

  3. I have seen something vaguely like this - for me, this happens when I
    minimize a full screen game and alt+tab sequence start acting funny, but I
    cannot say that I see it going random, it just skips in places where I don't
    expect it to - and not all the time.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Aug 23, 2008
  4. Alex Clark

    Alex Clark Guest

    Doesn't seem to be any pattern to it, except that it happens when I least
    expect (or want) it to. I think it's more often when I have a larger number
    of windows open, but I can't say for certain.

    I haven't installed any fancy Alt+Tab powertoys and don't have any unusual
    config on my system, unless you count XP 64bit as unusual, lol. I'll try to
    keep track more closely and see if a particular app or scenario is common to
    it.

    Alex Clark, Aug 23, 2008
  5. Alex Clark

    huk Guest

    I think I'm in the same boat but I'm not sure what causes this problem.
    The one I'm suspecting is "MS visual studio".
    I hope I could resolve this issue soon becuase it's a lot of pain as an
    alt-tab addictive.

    - Jim

    huk, Sep 24, 2008