Al's been interviewed!

Discussion in 'Case Modding' started by bigal, Jan 27, 2006.

?

Should Big Al run for office now?

  1. Like Kerry, he's a legend in his own mind. That qualifies him!

    1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. This has gone too far. If he were in office, we shall be doomed.

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Can you imagine his office computer?

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Can you imagine his office restroom? Cold cathodes behind the toilet....

    4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  5. I'm sorry. Did you ask me a question?

    1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    bigal, Jan 27, 2006

  2. bigal

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Congratulations :)
    I found this strange though...
    "(a learning device for developing children)" It teaches you how to develop children of your own? :|
    XhArD, Jan 27, 2006

  3. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    It was a speech synthesis circuit...

    ...on a proto board. I created "play lists" that worked with my circuit design, and the Osborne Executive spoke the words that a child was then asked to type in using the keyboard. If it matched, the kid moved on to the next word. The way a word is spelled, and the way a word is spoken (electronically with the speech synthesis DSP) were different. Overall, the project worked fine.
    I even had it published (maybe 3 copies were made); I have one bound copy.:lollypop:
    bigal, Jan 27, 2006
  4. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    Lol, getting some press movement i see al, soon you will be the next Intrawood star!
    unholy, Jan 28, 2006
  5. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    WTG Al, congrats on your latest press. :)
    The Modfather, Jan 28, 2006
  6. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Thanks guys....

    ....maybe now you'll answer my polling question....:question:
    bigal, Jan 28, 2006
  7. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    I was neva able to vote :p
    unholy, Jan 29, 2006
  8. bigal

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    It;s doing that thing where "Last" page is only page 2 again :(
    XhArD, Jan 29, 2006
  9. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Yeah, did it to me too X. And I did answer your poll.
    The Modfather, Jan 29, 2006
  10. bigal

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    I answered it, so between the two of us there should be two votes, unless I'm mistaken. If this is the case, then why the hell does it say one vote? :|
    XhArD, Jan 29, 2006
  11. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    I am going to split the Topic from where the Idea was posted see if that helps. at least it will define the bug :)

    Mine Does the Last Page is page 2 too but that was the other thread

    I have moved to another thread and recreated the poll :)
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2006
    unholy, Jan 29, 2006
  12. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    What have you done?

    Oh my. You messed up my topic. It shall never be the same again. Now I get notification of an update, but it links me to the old part. I'm sensing a split personality here. I might go insane at this point......:hmm2:
    bigal, Jan 29, 2006
  13. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    i attempted to fix the poll, but no help (stop thing screwed up) and ppl wanted to vote so i decided to split the topic, Mainly because it branching off into a very non related topic (it came from your mod, there is some relation but very little :p)

    You will only get the one noticfication unless the other topic is also got a new post :)

    to subscribe to a thread :p its in the thread tool menu :p
    unholy, Jan 29, 2006
  14. bigal

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Now I have voted again :)
    XhArD, Jan 30, 2006
  15. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    Good to see everyone getting into it :)
    unholy, Jan 30, 2006
  16. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Looks like....

    ...I better order some more cold cathodes. I wonder how nicely the toilet will glow under UV lighting?:)
    [​IMG]
    bigal, Jan 30, 2006
  17. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    HOLY CRAP got enjoy toilet paper?
    unholy, Jan 30, 2006
  18. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Is that there one of them there Charmin double rolls or somethin'? I've seen ads for 'em but they're dumb. You have to have one of those pushy inny toilet paper holder thingies to use 'em. I have an elegant nickle and brass holder that you just slip the roll over, much nicer.

    But now that you mention it, a CCFL TP holder is a neat idea.
    The Modfather, Jan 30, 2006
  19. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    lol why doesn't al make a bathroom for his Mod area :)
    unholy, Jan 30, 2006
  20. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    If I'm...

    ....the first one to install a computer mod into a bathroom, would you consider me a visionary? Or perhaps a fool:question:
    bigal, Jan 31, 2006