    typing and will start typing in a completely different part of the screen.
    VERY much a PITA.

    Torrey Lauer
    =?Utf-8?B?VG9ycmV5IExhdWVy?=, Jun 17, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VG9ycmV5IExhdWVy?=

    M. Murcek Guest

    There's no such animal. ALPS does not deal with end users, they strictly
    provide their product to OEMs. With any luck, HP or Compaq might release a
    driver (assuming they decide to support x64 on notebooks, presently not a
    very likely assumption) Otherwise, it's gonna behave like a generic PS/2
    pointing device. Synaptics touchpads, OTOH, are very well supported...

    M. Murcek, Jun 17, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?VG9ycmV5IExhdWVy?=

    Torrey Lauer Guest

    Do you think a Synaptics driver would work with my touchpad? If so, do you
    know where their drivers are located off the top of your head?

    --
    Torrey Lauer
    Modern Travel Services

    Rainbow Sky Travel
    rainbow sky travel DOT net

    Torrey Lauer, Jun 17, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?VG9ycmV5IExhdWVy?=

    M. Murcek Guest

    Negative - I tried it on my zv5000z. It will not work. Oddly, the driver
    does not cause any problems, it just does nothing to make the scroll area,
    accelleration or other features work. The ALPS touchpad will still behave
    like a generic PS/2 pointing device. Personally, I will always in the
    future make sure I only obtain notebooks equipped with the Synaptics
    product, and will avoid ALPS.

    M. Murcek, Jun 17, 2005