    a catalogo in the mail listing many older titles.

    Does anyone know the quality of these releases? Despite the tempting
    titles, I fear this company might be another Madacy.

    Bill Davison, Oct 6, 2003

  2. Bill Davison

    AAbrams0264 Guest

    << Does anyone know the quality of these releases? >>
    The quality varies wildly. Some are excellent (i.e."Bela Lugosi Meets A B'klyn
    Gorilla") and others (like "Phantom Empire") are pretty bad. You gotta figure
    that for the price, it's worthwhile , even if you pick up an occasional
    clunker.

    AAbrams0264, Oct 6, 2003

  3. Bill Davison

    jayembee Guest

    Bill Davison <> wrote:

    >I noticed a couple of releases schedule for tomorror (Scared Stiff & The
    >Inspector General) issued by a company called Alpha Video. Also received
    >a catalogo in the mail listing many older titles.
    >
    >Does anyone know the quality of these releases? Despite the tempting
    >titles, I fear this company might be another Madacy.

    I've picked up two of their releases: MY FAVORITE BRUNETTE with Bob
    Hope, and THE STORK CLUB with Betty Hutton.

    THE STORK CLUB wasn't as good as the recording I made off of Turner
    Classic Movies. MY FAVORITE BRUNETTE was bloody awful.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Oct 6, 2003