    better deal with local people. NOW what new decision, now weight for the new
    Canon 20D a few months away, 8 mp, better performance in some areas, now
    I will be without again for some time. All Shit.
    Don, Aug 20, 2004

  2. Don

    Ryadia Guest

    Don wrote:
    > Now what I have taken two mounts trying to decide on the Nikon D70 or the
    > Canon 10D I was almost one day from buying the Canon 10D from a local Store
    > for $1299 Plus the damn tax, or e-bay used ones from 999 to 1175 not a good
    > deal for a used one but the bidders were buying them up as fast as they
    > could for top dollar. What gives. New camera from a local dealer equals
    > better deal with local people. NOW what new decision, now weight for the new
    > Canon 20D a few months away, 8 mp, better performance in some areas, now
    > I will be without again for some time. All Shit.

    Some of the best photos I have ever taken (and quite recently too) were
    taken on a 26 year old camera. My 10D is fantastic for what I do with it
    and I don't intend to soon replace it just because a more dense sensor
    arrives on the market. I might however, get one of the new 10mm zooms!

    Ryadia
    Ryadia, Aug 20, 2004

  3. Don

    MarkH Guest

    Ryadia <> wrote in

    > Don wrote:
    >> Now what I have taken two mounts trying to decide on the Nikon D70 or
    >> the Canon 10D I was almost one day from buying the Canon 10D from a
    >> local Store for $1299 Plus the damn tax, or e-bay used ones from 999
    >> to 1175 not a good deal for a used one but the bidders were buying
    >> them up as fast as they could for top dollar. What gives. New camera
    >> from a local dealer equals better deal with local people. NOW what
    >> new decision, now weight for the new Canon 20D a few months away, 8
    >> mp, better performance in some areas, now I will be without again
    >> for some time. All Shit.
    >>

    > Some of the best photos I have ever taken (and quite recently too)
    > were taken on a 26 year old camera. My 10D is fantastic for what I do
    > with it
    > and I don't intend to soon replace it just because a more dense
    > sensor
    > arrives on the market. I might however, get one of the new 10mm zooms!

    Look closer, Canon’s new zoom is EF-S, you can’t fit it to a 10D!

    Personally, if I were buying now I would put my name down for the new 20D
    which will be available next month.

    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    understand binary and those that don't"
    MarkH, Aug 20, 2004
  4. Ryadia <> writes:
    > My 10D is fantastic for what I do with it and I don't intend to soon
    > replace it just because a more dense sensor arrives on the market. I
    > might however, get one of the new 10mm zooms!

    Then you need to replace it. The 10D don't have an EF-S mount.
    Gisle Hannemyr, Aug 20, 2004
  5. Don

    Don Guest

    Will the 20D take the older lenses as used on the 10D.
    Now since it looks I will be waiting for the new 20D ( really might take 5
    months for the bugs to be worked out ), I will be looking over the choices
    of lenses that could be used. Again another hold up, But I really like the
    10D but the cost is now too close.
    I am starting from scratch. Need flash, Lenses and camera body.

    OOOOHHH hold on, I am seeing that a Sigma new 3hrd gen 3X tech is coming
    out even better.
    but on the second thought I pass. Ha Ha

    Hurry and weight.

    Don, Aug 20, 2004
  6. Don

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: "Don"

    >Will the 20D take the older lenses as used on the 10D.

    Yes.
    Bill Hilton, Aug 20, 2004
  7. Don

    John Doe Guest

    Once the 20D is out and shipping, I wonder what will happen to the price for
    the 10D ?

    My bet is it comes down quite a bit...

    Best,

    Ross

    John Doe, Aug 21, 2004
  8. Don

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    John Doe wrote:

    > Once the 20D is out and shipping, I wonder what will happen to the price for
    > the 10D ?
    >
    > My bet is it comes down quite a bit...

    My dealer says Canon has stopped producing the 10D and he will get no
    more (and has none now).

    Phil
    Phil Wheeler, Aug 21, 2004
  9. Don

    Skip M Guest

    "Ryadia" <> wrote in message

    > Some of the best photos I have ever taken (and quite recently too) were
    > taken on a 26 year old camera. My 10D is fantastic for what I do with it
    > and I don't intend to soon replace it just because a more dense sensor
    > arrives on the market. I might however, get one of the new 10mm zooms!
    >
    > Ryadia

    If you're going to get one of the 10-22mm zooms, you'll either have to get a
    20D or a RebelD. It's an EF-S mount, only fits those two cameras, so far...

    --
    Skip Middleton
    http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com
    Skip M, Aug 21, 2004