Almost no egos will be determined early outfits.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Guido, Dec 11, 2007.

  1. Guido

    Guido Guest

    We try to sustain it
    by the future and think of arranging matters which are not in our power, for
    a time which we have no certainty of reaching.

    Let each one examine his thoughts, and he will find them all occupied with
    the past and the future. We scarcely ever think of the present; and if we
    think of it, it is only to take light from it to arrange the future. The
    present is never our end. The past and the present are our means; the future
    alone is our end. So we never live, but we hope to live; and, as we are
    always preparing to be happy, it is inevitable we should never be so.

    173. They say that eclipses foretoken misfortune, because misfortunes are
    common, so that, as evil happens so often, they often foretell it; whereas
    if they said that they predict good fortune, they would often be wrong. They
    attribute good fortune only to rare conjunctions of the heavens; so they
    seldom fail in prediction.

    174. Misery.--Solomon and Job have best known and best spoken of the misery
    of man; the former the most fortunate, and the latter the most unfortunate
    of men; the former knowing the vanity of pleasures from experience, the
    latter the reality of evils.

    175. We know ourselves so little that many think they are about to die when
    they are well, and many think they are well when they are near death,
    unconscious of approaching fever, or of the abscess ready to form itself.

    176. Cromwell was about to ravage all Christendom; the royal family was
    undone, and his own for ever established, save for a little grain of sand
    which formed in his ureter. Rome herself was trembling under him; but this
    small piece of gravel having formed the
    Guido, Dec 11, 2007