Almost at an end with VOIP

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Mick, Nov 23, 2006.

  1. Mick

    Mick Guest

    For a couple of months now, I have been using Sipgate as my telecom
    provider with a mobile as backup.

    I usewd to have an NTL phone line.

    I have NTL 4Mb service on my broadband - the computer is often switched
    off most of the day.

    I use a Sipura 1001 ATA connected to a Belkin wireless router via a
    Teryon modem.

    I have tried all sorts of settings in the Sipura config to rid myself
    of the problem - but my wife and family are demanding a return to NTL
    phone line as the Sipgate service constantly drops fragments of
    conversation - and as cheap as it is compared to alndline rentakl, it's
    no damn good if you cannot hold a conversation.

    I'm desperately holding out against the family as I love technology and
    this SHOULD work!

    Any last gasp ideas abouit what the problem might be? I have switched
    codecs / enabled / disbaled QoS / done this and that re jitter levels
    and all sorts.

    Anybody else had this issue and managed to sort it?

    Regards

    Mick

    Mick, Nov 23, 2006

  2. Mick

    Joe Harrison Guest

    Not much consolation but I have same setup with NTL 4Mbs (except ATA is an
    SPA3000) and it all works pretty well except for reasonably frequent
    inability to make immediate outgoing calls and have to redial a few times.
    My wife doesn't like it as much as analog landline but can live with it and
    she does agree it's insanely cost-effective.

    1. Why not try it without the router in the chain? Plug the ATA directly
    into the cable modem to see if it works better.

    2. Scrounge up a borrow of a different ATA or try X-lite (the real one not
    the Sipgate customised one) on a PC, see if it gets better/worse.

    Only a guess but I would blame the router or ATA hardware rather than NTL
    service, especially since it sounds like you seriously tried to eliminate
    dodgy config.

    Joe

    Joe Harrison, Nov 23, 2006

  3. Mick

    ACDeag Guest

    Mick was thinking very hard :
    > For a couple of months now, I have been using Sipgate as my telecom
    > provider with a mobile as backup.
    >
    > I usewd to have an NTL phone line.
    >
    > I have NTL 4Mb service on my broadband - the computer is often switched
    > off most of the day.
    >
    > I use a Sipura 1001 ATA connected to a Belkin wireless router via a
    > Teryon modem.
    >
    > I have tried all sorts of settings in the Sipura config to rid myself
    > of the problem - but my wife and family are demanding a return to NTL
    > phone line as the Sipgate service constantly drops fragments of
    > conversation - and as cheap as it is compared to alndline rentakl, it's
    > no damn good if you cannot hold a conversation.
    >
    > I'm desperately holding out against the family as I love technology and
    > this SHOULD work!
    >
    > Any last gasp ideas abouit what the problem might be? I have switched
    > codecs / enabled / disbaled QoS / done this and that re jitter levels
    > and all sorts.
    >
    > Anybody else had this issue and managed to sort it?
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Mick

    Why not make a one off outlay and buy an adapter from www.voip.co.uk,
    and using their service. I have had no problems.

    I suspect part of your problems may be because the adapter is plugged
    into the router, it is better if the adapter sits between the modem and
    router.

    ACDeag, Nov 23, 2006
  4. Mick

    Brian A Guest

    On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 19:23:12 GMT, ACDeag <>
    wrote:

    >Mick was thinking very hard :
    >> For a couple of months now, I have been using Sipgate as my telecom
    >> provider with a mobile as backup.
    >>
    >> I usewd to have an NTL phone line.
    >>
    >> I have NTL 4Mb service on my broadband - the computer is often switched
    >> off most of the day.
    >>
    >> I use a Sipura 1001 ATA connected to a Belkin wireless router via a
    >> Teryon modem.
    >>
    >> I have tried all sorts of settings in the Sipura config to rid myself
    >> of the problem - but my wife and family are demanding a return to NTL
    >> phone line as the Sipgate service constantly drops fragments of
    >> conversation - and as cheap as it is compared to alndline rentakl, it's
    >> no damn good if you cannot hold a conversation.
    >>
    >> I'm desperately holding out against the family as I love technology and
    >> this SHOULD work!
    >>
    >> Any last gasp ideas abouit what the problem might be? I have switched
    >> codecs / enabled / disbaled QoS / done this and that re jitter levels
    >> and all sorts.
    >>
    >> Anybody else had this issue and managed to sort it?
    >>
    >> Regards
    >>
    >> Mick

    >Why not make a one off outlay and buy an adapter from www.voip.co.uk,
    >and using their service. I have had no problems.
    >
    >I suspect part of your problems may be because the adapter is plugged
    >into the router, it is better if the adapter sits between the modem and
    >router.

    There is nothing wrong with the SPA 1001.
    There is nothing wrong with SIP voip.
    It is likely that there is nothing wrong with your NTL connection.
    However, you were unlucky in picking SIPGATE - you only need to Google
    the groups to find the mass dissatifaction with Sipgate (sorry Ivor).
    Sipgate was the first voip service I tried and I soon gave it up,
    others have done the same.
    As suggested why not try voip.co.uk. I never get any problems calling
    out. I don't use them for incoming calls but I have no reason to
    believe that there will be any problems.
    I do appreciate the 'family' problem. One of my relations was
    considering moving over to voip until 'she who must be obeyed' stepped
    in.
    Another good, reliable, company is voipfone - but not as good a deal
    as voip.co.uk for UK calls.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Nov 23, 2006
  5. Mick

    Scope Guest

    Mick wrote:
    > For a couple of months now, I have been using Sipgate as my telecom
    > provider with a mobile as backup.
    >
    > I usewd to have an NTL phone line.
    >
    > I have NTL 4Mb service on my broadband - the computer is often switched
    > off most of the day.
    >
    > I use a Sipura 1001 ATA connected to a Belkin wireless router via a
    > Teryon modem.
    >
    > I have tried all sorts of settings in the Sipura config to rid myself
    > of the problem - but my wife and family are demanding a return to NTL
    > phone line as the Sipgate service constantly drops fragments of
    > conversation - and as cheap as it is compared to alndline rentakl, it's
    > no damn good if you cannot hold a conversation.
    >
    > I'm desperately holding out against the family as I love technology and
    > this SHOULD work!
    >
    > Any last gasp ideas abouit what the problem might be? I have switched
    > codecs / enabled / disbaled QoS / done this and that re jitter levels
    > and all sorts.
    >
    > Anybody else had this issue and managed to sort it?
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Mick

    I too am on NTL 4mb using voip.co.uk for my incoming VoIP calls,
    voipdiscount for outgoing.. I have cancelled the NTL line and must say
    its working pretty well. I have a PAP2 connected to a D-Link router, so
    similar setup to you. Why not sign up with one of the other free
    providers and see if the problem is sipgate? Its unlikely, but you
    never know.

    Scope, Nov 23, 2006
  6. Mick

    Scope Guest

    Brian A wrote:
    > As suggested why not try voip.co.uk. I never get any problems calling
    > out. I don't use them for incoming calls but I have no reason to
    > believe that there will be any problems.

    Well, I only use them only for incoming, without any problems what so
    ever.. I guess that confirms what you were saying. :)

    Scope, Nov 23, 2006
  7. Mick

    Mick Guest

    ACDeag wrote:

    > Mick was thinking very hard :
    > > For a couple of months now, I have been using Sipgate as my telecom
    > > provider with a mobile as backup.
    > >
    > > I usewd to have an NTL phone line.
    > >
    > > I have NTL 4Mb service on my broadband - the computer is often
    > > switched off most of the day.
    > >
    > > I use a Sipura 1001 ATA connected to a Belkin wireless router via a
    > > Teryon modem.
    > >
    > > I have tried all sorts of settings in the Sipura config to rid
    > > myself of the problem - but my wife and family are demanding a
    > > return to NTL phone line as the Sipgate service constantly drops
    > > fragments of conversation - and as cheap as it is compared to
    > > alndline rentakl, it's no damn good if you cannot hold a
    > > conversation.
    > >
    > > I'm desperately holding out against the family as I love technology
    > > and this SHOULD work!
    > >
    > > Any last gasp ideas abouit what the problem might be? I have
    > > switched codecs / enabled / disbaled QoS / done this and that re
    > > jitter levels and all sorts.
    > >
    > > Anybody else had this issue and managed to sort it?
    > >
    > > Regards
    > >
    > > Mick

    > Why not make a one off outlay and buy an adapter from www.voip.co.uk,
    > and using their service. I have had no problems.
    >
    > I suspect part of your problems may be because the adapter is plugged
    > into the router, it is better if the adapter sits between the modem
    > and router.

    Folks

    Thnaks for all the replies - I'm now very seriously considering a move
    to voip.co.uk - but I'm also interested in how I might place my ATA
    between the modem and router.
    Just how would I do this? At present I have an ethernet cable from the
    modem to the router - can't see how to 'break' into this.

    Regards

    Mick

    Mick, Nov 23, 2006
  8. Mick

    Rune Guest

    Mick wrote:
    > Thnaks for all the replies - I'm now very seriously considering a move
    > to voip.co.uk - but I'm also interested in how I might place my ATA
    > between the modem and router.
    > Just how would I do this? At present I have an ethernet cable from the
    > modem to the router - can't see how to 'break' into this.

    Im not sure if you can connect the Sipura 1001 between the modem and the
    router, as it does not have a router itself.. Perhaps if you connected a
    switch to the modem and then connect the router and Sipura 1001 to
    that.. Somebody please confirm this.

    But before buying more hardware try voip.co.uk, it might not be anything
    to do with the connection.

    Rune, Nov 23, 2006
  9. On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 20:39:26 GMT, "Mick" <jev@,jb.com> wrote:

    >but I'm also interested in how I might place my ATA
    >between the modem and router.
    >Just how would I do this? At present I have an ethernet cable from the
    >modem to the router - can't see how to 'break' into this.

    ATAs designed to be so placed have a WAN ethernet socket (connects to
    your cable modem) and a LAN ethernet socket (connects to your router.

    So it plugs in between the modem and the router.

    The BT Voyager 10V and other devices do this, the two ethernet ports
    are the key.

    On your general issue, cable broadband is a bit thin upstream - what
    is your rated service speed and what does it speedtest at with the
    speedtest.bbmax.co.uk or andslguide.org.uk testers.

    Phil

    No more cable clowns :))

    Phil Thompson, Nov 23, 2006
  10. Mick

    ACDeag Guest

    Mick wrote on 23/11/2006 :
    > For a couple of months now, I have been using Sipgate as my telecom
    > provider with a mobile as backup.
    >
    > I usewd to have an NTL phone line.
    >
    > I have NTL 4Mb service on my broadband - the computer is often switched
    > off most of the day.
    >
    > I use a Sipura 1001 ATA connected to a Belkin wireless router via a
    > Teryon modem.
    >
    > I have tried all sorts of settings in the Sipura config to rid myself
    > of the problem - but my wife and family are demanding a return to NTL
    > phone line as the Sipgate service constantly drops fragments of
    > conversation - and as cheap as it is compared to alndline rentakl, it's
    > no damn good if you cannot hold a conversation.
    >
    > I'm desperately holding out against the family as I love technology and
    > this SHOULD work!
    >
    > Any last gasp ideas abouit what the problem might be? I have switched
    > codecs / enabled / disbaled QoS / done this and that re jitter levels
    > and all sorts.
    >
    > Anybody else had this issue and managed to sort it?
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Mick

    Have you added the Sipura to the router's DMZ that may solve your
    problems as well.

    ACDeag, Nov 23, 2006
  11. Mick

    Brian A Guest

    On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 20:39:26 GMT, "Mick" <jev@,jb.com> wrote:

    >ACDeag wrote:
    >
    >> Mick was thinking very hard :
    >> > For a couple of months now, I have been using Sipgate as my telecom
    >> > provider with a mobile as backup.
    >> >
    >> > I usewd to have an NTL phone line.
    >> >
    >> > I have NTL 4Mb service on my broadband - the computer is often
    >> > switched off most of the day.
    >> >
    >> > I use a Sipura 1001 ATA connected to a Belkin wireless router via a
    >> > Teryon modem.
    >> >
    >> > I have tried all sorts of settings in the Sipura config to rid
    >> > myself of the problem - but my wife and family are demanding a
    >> > return to NTL phone line as the Sipgate service constantly drops
    >> > fragments of conversation - and as cheap as it is compared to
    >> > alndline rentakl, it's no damn good if you cannot hold a
    >> > conversation.
    >> >
    >> > I'm desperately holding out against the family as I love technology
    >> > and this SHOULD work!
    >> >
    >> > Any last gasp ideas abouit what the problem might be? I have
    >> > switched codecs / enabled / disbaled QoS / done this and that re
    >> > jitter levels and all sorts.
    >> >
    >> > Anybody else had this issue and managed to sort it?
    >> >
    >> > Regards
    >> >
    >> > Mick

    >> Why not make a one off outlay and buy an adapter from www.voip.co.uk,
    >> and using their service. I have had no problems.
    >>
    >> I suspect part of your problems may be because the adapter is plugged
    >> into the router, it is better if the adapter sits between the modem
    >> and router.

    >Folks
    >
    >Thnaks for all the replies - I'm now very seriously considering a move
    >to voip.co.uk - but I'm also interested in how I might place my ATA
    >between the modem and router.
    >Just how would I do this? At present I have an ethernet cable from the
    >modem to the router - can't see how to 'break' into this.

    The answer is YOU DON'T.
    Leave the cable from your modem to the router exactly as it is. Then
    take a cable from one of your router outputs, assuming you have a
    spare output, to the SPA-1001 ATA. In the router settings you may
    need to forward some ports or, alternatively, set your DMZ to the IP
    address of your ATA. It is a good idea, IMO, to disable DHCP in the
    ATA settings and, instead, to set your ATA to a static IP address. To
    make this easy you can choose the IP address given to it currently
    (get it to announce the IP in audio on the phone handset) In the ATA
    settings you can set both the ' Primary DNS' and 'Gateway' to the IP
    address of the router.
    Hope this help, if not come back for more :)

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Nov 23, 2006
  12. Mick

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Brian A" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > There is nothing wrong with the SPA 1001.
    > There is nothing wrong with SIP voip.
    > It is likely that there is nothing wrong with your NTL
    > connection. However, you were unlucky in picking SIPGATE
    > - you only need to Google the groups to find the mass
    > dissatifaction with Sipgate (sorry Ivor). Sipgate was the
    > first voip service I tried and I soon gave it up, others
    > have done the same.

    At the risk of inviting Dexter to another Sipgate bashing session, why are
    you so quick to blame them..? I have used them for 2 years and have never
    once suffered from this particular problem. Yes, Sipgate have had more
    than their fair share of difficulties, but the majority of the problems
    I've had cannot be laid at their door.

    Problems with audio on SIP are nearly always due to (mis) configuration.
    Try the 1001 (I have one and it works fine) on another ADSL connection and
    see if you get the same problem.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Nov 24, 2006
  13. Mick

    Mick Guest

    ACDeag wrote:

    > Mick wrote on 23/11/2006 :
    > > For a couple of months now, I have been using Sipgate as my telecom
    > > provider with a mobile as backup.
    > >
    > > I usewd to have an NTL phone line.
    > >
    > > I have NTL 4Mb service on my broadband - the computer is often
    > > switched off most of the day.
    > >
    > > I use a Sipura 1001 ATA connected to a Belkin wireless router via a
    > > Teryon modem.
    > >
    > > I have tried all sorts of settings in the Sipura config to rid
    > > myself of the problem - but my wife and family are demanding a
    > > return to NTL phone line as the Sipgate service constantly drops
    > > fragments of conversation - and as cheap as it is compared to
    > > alndline rentakl, it's no damn good if you cannot hold a
    > > conversation.
    > >
    > > I'm desperately holding out against the family as I love technology
    > > and this SHOULD work!
    > >
    > > Any last gasp ideas abouit what the problem might be? I have
    > > switched codecs / enabled / disbaled QoS / done this and that re
    > > jitter levels and all sorts.
    > >
    > > Anybody else had this issue and managed to sort it?
    > >
    > > Regards
    > >
    > > Mick

    > Have you added the Sipura to the router's DMZ that may solve your
    > problems as well.

    Hi.

    yes, had done that.
    I had also disbaled DHCP and allocated a static IP address as I have
    for all my home network elements.

    Rather than buy new hardware, I have set myself up with a voip.co.uk
    account - so will use the second line capability on the ATA to run this
    and see if that makes a difference.

    Mick

    Mick, Nov 24, 2006
  14. Mick

    Mick Guest

    Brian A wrote:

    > On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 20:39:26 GMT, "Mick" <jev@,jb.com> wrote:
    >
    > > ACDeag wrote:
    > >
    > >> Mick was thinking very hard :

    > telecom >> > provider with a mobile as backup.

    > via a >> > Teryon modem.

    > technology >> > and this SHOULD work!

    > >> Why not make a one off outlay and buy an adapter from

    > www.voip.co.uk, >> and using their service. I have had no problems.
    > >>
    > >> I suspect part of your problems may be because the adapter is

    > plugged >> into the router, it is better if the adapter sits between
    > the modem >> and router.
    > >
    > > Folks
    > >
    > > Thnaks for all the replies - I'm now very seriously considering a
    > > move to voip.co.uk - but I'm also interested in how I might place
    > > my ATA between the modem and router.
    > > Just how would I do this? At present I have an ethernet cable from
    > > the modem to the router - can't see how to 'break' into this.

    > The answer is YOU DON'T.
    > Leave the cable from your modem to the router exactly as it is. Then
    > take a cable from one of your router outputs, assuming you have a
    > spare output, to the SPA-1001 ATA. In the router settings you may
    > need to forward some ports or, alternatively, set your DMZ to the IP
    > address of your ATA. It is a good idea, IMO, to disable DHCP in the
    > ATA settings and, instead, to set your ATA to a static IP address. To
    > make this easy you can choose the IP address given to it currently
    > (get it to announce the IP in audio on the phone handset) In the ATA
    > settings you can set both the ' Primary DNS' and 'Gateway' to the IP
    > address of the router.
    > Hope this help, if not come back for more :)
    >
    > Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Thanks Brian

    I had already done as you suggested as my entire network at home has
    static IP addresses.

    I've signed up with voip.co.uk and will uise line 2 on the ATA to see
    if it make any difference.

    Mick

    Mick, Nov 24, 2006
  15. Mick

    Mick Guest

    Phil Thompson wrote:

    > speedtest.bbmax.co.uk

    Download was 5535kbps and upload was 467 kbps

    I subscribe to the 4Mb NTL service on cable

    Mick

    Mick, Nov 24, 2006
  16. On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 01:54:09 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    > I have used them for 2 years and have never
    >once suffered from this particular problem.

    as you say you hardly make any calls is this a representative sample ?

    Phil

    No more cable clowns :))

    Phil Thompson, Nov 24, 2006
  17. Mick

    Mick Guest

    ACDeag wrote:

    > Mick wrote on 23/11/2006 :
    > > For a couple of months now, I have been using Sipgate as my telecom
    > > provider with a mobile as backup.
    > >
    > > I usewd to have an NTL phone line.
    > >
    > > I have NTL 4Mb service on my broadband - the computer is often
    > > switched off most of the day.
    > >
    > > I use a Sipura 1001 ATA connected to a Belkin wireless router via a
    > > Teryon modem.
    > >
    > > I have tried all sorts of settings in the Sipura config to rid
    > > myself of the problem - but my wife and family are demanding a
    > > return to NTL phone line as the Sipgate service constantly drops
    > > fragments of conversation - and as cheap as it is compared to
    > > alndline rentakl, it's no damn good if you cannot hold a
    > > conversation.
    > >
    > > I'm desperately holding out against the family as I love technology
    > > and this SHOULD work!
    > >
    > > Any last gasp ideas abouit what the problem might be? I have
    > > switched codecs / enabled / disbaled QoS / done this and that re
    > > jitter levels and all sorts.
    > >
    > > Anybody else had this issue and managed to sort it?
    > >
    > > Regards
    > >
    > > Mick

    > Have you added the Sipura to the router's DMZ that may solve your
    > problems as well.

    Wow! What a difference!

    Easy to set up on the SPA1001 as a second line and then set as the
    default line - so wifey doesn't have to dial # - wife had long call on
    Voip.co.uk and was smiling throughout (no dropped conversations)- so
    once I have some minor tech q's sorted out with the Voip.co.uk help
    team (stuff like DTMF setting / STUN servers etc), I shall be stress
    free!

    The only down side is that I will have to face the barrage of laughter
    from mates and family who will insist that they were right all along
    ("crap internet phone - just pay for a phone line like the rest of us")
    ..... and then I will have the battle of rebutting all that when I
    explain all I did was change Voip provider... so HA! ..... oh what it
    is to live the life of 'gadget man' - but hey - what a saving on the
    bills!!

    Thanks folks for all your assistance - very much appreciated.

    Regards to you all

    Mick

    Mick, Nov 24, 2006
  18. Mick

    Scope Guest

    Mick wrote:
    > Phil Thompson wrote:
    >
    >> speedtest.bbmax.co.uk

    > Download was 5535kbps and upload was 467 kbps
    >
    > I subscribe to the 4Mb NTL service on cable
    >
    > Mick

    Dont worry about the speed.. I was using VoIP without any problems when
    I was on a 1mb NTL Line. Perhaps make sure there is no heavy downloads
    (especially P2P) running when you experience the problems.

    Scope, Nov 24, 2006
  19. Mick

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Phil Thompson" <> wrote in
    message news:
    > On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 01:54:09 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > I have used them for 2 years and have never
    > > once suffered from this particular problem.

    > as you say you hardly make any calls is this a
    > representative sample ?
    >
    > Phil

    I said I hardly make any PSTN calls. I make plenty of callls to other
    Sipgate users and also receive calls.

    My speaking clock on 1431320 (020 7043 1320) also receives a fair few
    calls and nobody has ever reported this problem on that line either.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Nov 24, 2006
  20. Mick

    Roger Guest

    "Mick" <jev@,jb.com> wrote in message
    > ACDeag wrote:
    >
    >> Mick wrote on 23/11/2006 :
    >> > For a couple of months now, I have been using Sipgate as my telecom
    >> > provider with a mobile as backup.
    >> >
    >> > I usewd to have an NTL phone line.
    >> >
    >> > I have NTL 4Mb service on my broadband - the computer is often
    >> > switched off most of the day.
    >> >
    >> > I use a Sipura 1001 ATA connected to a Belkin wireless router via a
    >> > Teryon modem.
    >> >
    >> > I have tried all sorts of settings in the Sipura config to rid
    >> > myself of the problem - but my wife and family are demanding a
    >> > return to NTL phone line as the Sipgate service constantly drops
    >> > fragments of conversation - and as cheap as it is compared to
    >> > alndline rentakl, it's no damn good if you cannot hold a
    >> > conversation.
    >> >
    >> > I'm desperately holding out against the family as I love technology
    >> > and this SHOULD work!
    >> >
    >> > Any last gasp ideas abouit what the problem might be? I have
    >> > switched codecs / enabled / disbaled QoS / done this and that re
    >> > jitter levels and all sorts.
    >> >
    >> > Anybody else had this issue and managed to sort it?
    >> >
    >> > Regards
    >> >
    >> > Mick

    >> Have you added the Sipura to the router's DMZ that may solve your
    >> problems as well.

    > Wow! What a difference!
    >
    > Easy to set up on the SPA1001 as a second line and then set as the
    > default line - so wifey doesn't have to dial # - wife had long call on
    > Voip.co.uk and was smiling throughout (no dropped conversations)- so
    > once I have some minor tech q's sorted out with the Voip.co.uk help
    > team (stuff like DTMF setting / STUN servers etc), I shall be stress
    > free!
    >
    > The only down side is that I will have to face the barrage of laughter
    > from mates and family who will insist that they were right all along
    > ("crap internet phone - just pay for a phone line like the rest of us")
    > .... and then I will have the battle of rebutting all that when I
    > explain all I did was change Voip provider... so HA! ..... oh what it
    > is to live the life of 'gadget man' - but hey - what a saving on the
    > bills!!
    >
    > Thanks folks for all your assistance - very much appreciated.
    >
    > Regards to you all
    >
    > Mick
    >
    > --

    Interesting Mick
    I use voip.co.uk for outgoing and sipgate for incoming (on an NTL 10 MB
    line) - never have a problem when I dial out but almost always when I
    receive. Ive used sipgate for nearly 2 years (so am hardly a basher) but
    they do seem to be falling behind now compared to the other providers.

    Roger, Nov 24, 2006