  1. Miggsee

    Miggsee Guest

    Does anyone use this service? Opinions?
    Miggsee, Jul 8, 2005

  2. Miggsee

    olfart Guest

    "Miggsee" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Does anyone use this service? Opinions?

    It's not too bad. Have an outage of a few hours about once or twice a month.
    Of course it depends on Alltel's phone service which in my opinion sucks,
    but I am blocked from getting another phone provider like Bell South which
    is all around me. Stuck with Alltel. Had the same problems with their phone
    service when I lived in Kansas for a few years - in Georgia now.
    olfart, Jul 8, 2005

  3. Miggsee

    Miggsee Guest

    "olfart" <> wrote in message

    > "Miggsee" <> wrote in message
    >> Does anyone use this service? Opinions?
    >>

    > It's not too bad. Have an outage of a few hours about once or twice a
    > month.
    > Of course it depends on Alltel's phone service which in my opinion sucks,
    > but I am blocked from getting another phone provider like Bell South which
    > is all around me. Stuck with Alltel. Had the same problems with their
    > phone
    > service when I lived in Kansas for a few years - in Georgia now.

    Thanks for the reply! :) All I know is that I've battled with Adelphia since
    April when I moved. Adelphia in VA was great. Here the cable connection is
    continually dropped. My modem had to reset 200 times on Thursday night, and
    my download speed dropped to 7.416kbps. :( Adelphia has dropped two lines,
    used two pedestals, and the problems persist. Thus, I'm going to try the dsl
    that's available.
    Miggsee, Jul 9, 2005
  4. Miggsee wrote:
    > "olfart" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Miggsee" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Does anyone use this service? Opinions?
    >>>

    >>It's not too bad. Have an outage of a few hours about once or twice a
    >>month.
    >>Of course it depends on Alltel's phone service which in my opinion sucks,
    >>but I am blocked from getting another phone provider like Bell South which
    >>is all around me. Stuck with Alltel. Had the same problems with their
    >>phone
    >>service when I lived in Kansas for a few years - in Georgia now.
    >>

    > Thanks for the reply! :) All I know is that I've battled with Adelphia since
    > April when I moved. Adelphia in VA was great. Here the cable connection is
    > continually dropped. My modem had to reset 200 times on Thursday night, and
    > my download speed dropped to 7.416kbps. :( Adelphia has dropped two lines,
    > used two pedestals, and the problems persist. Thus, I'm going to try the dsl
    > that's available.

    Alltel is a really good service. The package I bought gave me a free
    modem and installation kit, with free DSL filters included. The only
    problem I have with it is that about 3 times a month (on average), the
    connection is dropped, so you need to reboot the modem to get a new
    connection set up. But other than that, I have had a great experience
    with Alltel.
    Jack Underwood, Jul 9, 2005
  5. Miggsee

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Miggsee" <> wrote in message
    > "olfart" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Miggsee" <> wrote in message
    >>> Does anyone use this service? Opinions?
    >>>

    >> It's not too bad. Have an outage of a few hours about once or twice a
    >> month.
    >> Of course it depends on Alltel's phone service which in my opinion sucks,
    >> but I am blocked from getting another phone provider like Bell South
    >> which
    >> is all around me. Stuck with Alltel. Had the same problems with their
    >> phone
    >> service when I lived in Kansas for a few years - in Georgia now.
    >>

    > Thanks for the reply! :) All I know is that I've battled with Adelphia
    > since April when I moved. Adelphia in VA was great. Here the cable
    > connection is continually dropped. My modem had to reset 200 times on
    > Thursday night, and my download speed dropped to 7.416kbps. :( Adelphia
    > has dropped two lines, used two pedestals, and the problems persist. Thus,
    > I'm going to try the dsl that's available.

    Geez! I'd switch too. Our cable (Charter) seldom has significant outages,
    but recently the whole valley (on the commercial lines) was down. The
    residential service was restored quickly, but the commercial service was
    down most of two working days. Really gave us some fits at work. Then a few
    days later it was down a couple hours again, but that's it for the last year
    or so.
    Toolman Tim, Jul 9, 2005
  6. Miggsee

    Miggsee Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message

    > "Miggsee" <> wrote in message
    >> "olfart" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Miggsee" <> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>> It's not too bad. Have an outage of a few hours about once or twice a
    >>> month.
    >>> Of course it depends on Alltel's phone service which in my opinion
    >>> sucks,
    >>> but I am blocked from getting another phone provider like Bell South
    >>> which
    >>> is all around me. Stuck with Alltel. Had the same problems with their
    >>> phone
    >>> service when I lived in Kansas for a few years - in Georgia now.
    >>>

    >> Thanks for the reply! :) All I know is that I've battled with Adelphia
    >> since April when I moved. Adelphia in VA was great. Here the cable
    >> connection is continually dropped. My modem had to reset 200 times on
    >> Thursday night, and my download speed dropped to 7.416kbps. :( Adelphia
    >> has dropped two lines, used two pedestals, and the problems persist.
    >> Thus, I'm going to try the dsl that's available.

    > Geez! I'd switch too. Our cable (Charter) seldom has significant outages,
    > but recently the whole valley (on the commercial lines) was down. The
    > residential service was restored quickly, but the commercial service was
    > down most of two working days. Really gave us some fits at work. Then a
    > few days later it was down a couple hours again, but that's it for the
    > last year or so.

    It now is evident that the sales clerks are on commission. It seems that
    Alltell is frantically trying to get lines that will carry dsl to my locale.
    I don't live in the boonies, just 14 miles from a major city. I am
    frustrated! :(
    Miggsee, Jul 23, 2005
  7. "Miggsee" <> wrote in

    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in
    > message news:YBRze.17993$...
    >>
    >> "Miggsee" <> wrote in message
    >>> "olfart" <> wrote in message

    >>> Thanks for the reply! :) All I know is that I've battled with
    >>> Adelphia since April when I moved. Adelphia in VA was great.
    >>> Here the cable connection is continually dropped. My modem had
    >>> to reset 200 times on Thursday night, and my download speed
    >>> dropped to 7.416kbps. :( Adelphia has dropped two lines, used
    >>> two pedestals, and the problems persist. Thus, I'm going to try
    >>> the dsl that's available.

    >> Geez! I'd switch too. Our cable (Charter) seldom has significant
    >> outages, but recently the whole valley (on the commercial lines)
    >> was down. The residential service was restored quickly, but the
    >> commercial service was down most of two working days. Really gave
    >> us some fits at work. Then a few days later it was down a couple
    >> hours again, but that's it for the last year or so.
    >>

    > It now is evident that the sales clerks are on commission. It
    > seems that Alltell is frantically trying to get lines that will
    > carry dsl to my locale. I don't live in the boonies, just 14 miles
    > from a major city. I am frustrated! :(

    Have you looked in to satellite in your area? How is it?

    Ed

    --
    Freedom is never free....
    Top (retired), Jul 23, 2005