    off on both.
    I still can not access the printer & shared documents of the main computer.
    Any suggestions?
    Colin, Oct 4, 2008

  2. Do a simple test. Can you ping the XP Home by IP address?

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Oct 5, 2008

  3. Colin

    smlunatick Guest

    On Oct 4, 10:44 pm, Colin <> wrote:
    > I have XP Home on my main computer and Windows 2000 Pro on a wireless remote
    > computer.
    > Sympatico is my ISP and has provided Bell Canada "Security Manager"
    > (includes firewall) and a wireless "ZWire" router.
    > I have set up "Shared Documents and Printers" on both computers.
    > I am able from the main computer to sign on to the remote computer and can
    > see "Shared Documents" as well as printers installed on the remote computer.
    > However, the reverse does not work, i.e. the remote computer does not have
    > access to the main computer "Shared Documents" and printer.
    > Windows Firewall has been configured on both computers to allow access to
    > "Shared Documents & Printers".  The "Security Manager" firewall was turned
    > off on both.
    > I still can not access the printer & shared documents of the main computer.
    > Any suggestions?

    How remote? How do your two computer connect to each other? If your
    remote PC is not on the same local network (aka LAN) then you need to
    correctly set up File / Printer sharing and most home routers do not
    permit this.
    smlunatick, Oct 6, 2008