  1. how do i make it so i can only allow the computers i want acces to the router
    --
    pyrophil

    =?Utf-8?B?cGhpbA==?=, Dec 29, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?cGhpbA==?=

    Malke Guest

    phil wrote:

    > how do i make it so i can only allow the computers i want acces to the
    > router

    Look at your router's configuration. You can deny access. Refer to the
    router's manual or Help files for details about your particular router.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Malke, Dec 29, 2005

  3. (copied from "Please help, secure network"

    If this is just a home network and all you want to do is stop your neighbours
    from using your bandwidth, you can simply set up MAC address filtering on
    your wireless access point/router and just enter the address(es) for your
    computer(s).

    MAC address filtering is pretty crude (and easily spoofed) but will keep the
    neighbours out unless they really want to have a go!

    If you want to take it to the next level you need to configure wireless
    security. One option is WEP - not really considered secure (too easy to
    hack). WPA is much better (and WPA2 is out now, although not all APs/routers
    support it). I'd add to Lem's list of links with this one:
    http://blogs.technet.com/steve_lamb/archive/2005/12/02/415426.aspx. If you
    want a step by step reference of how I did it with my D-Link access point,
    check out
    http://www.markwilson.co.uk/blog/2005/12/upgrading-my-wireless-network.htm
    and http://www.markwilson.co.uk/blog/2005/12/securing-my-wireless-network.htm.

    </Mark>

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyayBXaWxzb24=?=, Dec 29, 2005