    TIA
    Jim

    , Dec 4, 2006

  2. Guest

    wrote:
    > As I understand it, Firefox silently blocks all active X controls.
    > There are times I want to be able to run active X controls (Panda's on
    > line virusscan, which caught a virus Norton didn't, comes to mind).
    >
    > is there a way to get Firefox to ask my permission to run active-X
    > controls if a URL requests such?
    >
    > TIA
    > Jim

    you've got that wrong. FF doesn't support active-x. Active-x is a
    microsoft thing, not Mozilla. There is an active-x extension for FF
    but I don't have a link to it right now.

    , Dec 4, 2006

  3. Guest

    On 4 Dec 2006 09:32:03 -0800, wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> As I understand it, Firefox silently blocks all active X controls.
    >> There are times I want to be able to run active X controls (Panda's on
    >> line virusscan, which caught a virus Norton didn't, comes to mind).
    >>
    >> is there a way to get Firefox to ask my permission to run active-X
    >> controls if a URL requests such?
    >>
    >> TIA
    >> Jim

    >you've got that wrong. FF doesn't support active-x. Active-x is a
    >microsoft thing, not Mozilla. There is an active-x extension for FF
    >but I don't have a link to it right now.

    Is this the link you had in mind:
    http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/plugin.htm

    ?

    , Dec 5, 2006
  4. Guest

    wrote:
    > On 4 Dec 2006 09:32:03 -0800, wrote:
    >

    > > wrote:
    > >> As I understand it, Firefox silently blocks all active X controls.
    > >> There are times I want to be able to run active X controls (Panda's on
    > >> line virusscan, which caught a virus Norton didn't, comes to mind).
    > >>
    > >> is there a way to get Firefox to ask my permission to run active-X
    > >> controls if a URL requests such?
    > >>
    > >> TIA
    > >> Jim

    > >you've got that wrong. FF doesn't support active-x. Active-x is a
    > >microsoft thing, not Mozilla. There is an active-x extension for FF
    > >but I don't have a link to it right now.

    > Is this the link you had in mind:
    > http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/plugin.htm
    >
    > ?

    Yes, but its not recommended because it causes problems in other areas,
    such as flash.

    , Dec 5, 2006