    New-to-networking,
    Thank You
    Wayne G. Dengel
    Wayne G. Dengel, Aug 6, 2006

  2. Hi
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    to be shared.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Aug 7, 2006

  3. Wayne G. Dengel

    Wayne Guest

    Pls, I do not wish to sound ungrateful; however, I believe my task is simple
    :) .

    I have a wireless: Desk & Lap. Printers are NOT wireless but USB'd to the
    Desk.
    OS is XP-Home.

    I (partially) setup a simple (?) home using the Network Tasks: Set up a
    wireless network for home....."; followed the noted procedure to the Nth
    degree, used a USB-connected memory "stick".

    The Desk can see, can dwnld to Desk (pull by Desj from Lap to Desk), Desk
    has full access to all those files on Lap that I have properly marked "Share
    ....etc".

    The USB'd printers: Both Desk and Lap can print to either of two printers.
    Again, the printers are NOT wireless, USB'd to Desk only.

    What Lap cannot do is "see", access, etc. folders on Desk (as does Desk do
    of Lap).

    When clicking on View workgroup computers, both the Lap and Desk compters'
    icons ae shown; however, attempt to see the shared folders on Desk brings
    up: "Desk is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this
    network resource......"

    I really do not want to or need(?) to learn all about networking. So far,
    2/3rds of the 3 chores are complete. Pls, without having to read all of the
    notes, articles on this subject (many I note written against
    XP-Professional) how do I access Desk by Lap, give permission to this device
    to be a network resource?? (Or is it really THAT complicated???)

    Kind Regards,
    Wayne G. Dengel

    Wayne, Aug 7, 2006