    Can anyone in this newsgroup suggest what is happening and how to
    _preminently_ fix this?

    tia,
    joe, Jun 1, 2005

  2. joe

    joe Guest

    "joe" <> wrote in message
    news:w5jne.2106$...
    >I am using an internet classroom application, WebCT.
    > I am using MFF 1.0.4.
    > I have 'Block popups' ON.
    >
    > I click on the "DISCUSSIONS" section for my class and all is well until
    > about the 20th openned discussion. The software's popups are blocked by
    > MFF even though I was just openning popups for this site moments before.
    >
    > I then turn 'Block popups' OFF and try another discussion listing. The
    > popup window for this _allowed_ site is still _blocked_!
    >
    > A work around (an unusal requirement for MFF - since it totally rocks!) is
    > to close the window and re-logon.
    >
    > Can anyone in this newsgroup suggest what is happening and how to
    > _preminently_ fix this?
    >
    > tia,

    It was as I expected - an internal limit. I went to Mozilla's IRC channel
    for Firefox (#firefox) and got the answer in ~8 mins.

    [1] type about:config into the location bar and hit
    ENTER.

    [2] the internal variables for MFF are displayed.
    [[NOTE: do not change anything unless you were given
    information from a reliable source - such as MFF's irc
    channel support.]]

    [3] scroll down the page and look for the variable named
    "dom.popup_maximum" [[They are all in alphabetical order
    = very easy to find.]]

    [4] double click that line and set the number to a value
    you will most likely never reach. [[I set it to 1000.]]

    [5] close all MFF browsers.

    [6] the next time you open the browser it will be fixed.

    I've said this b4 and ill say it again - MFF TOTALLY
    ROCKS DUDE! :)

    FYI: seaking/getting MS help is an eternal search and
    co$t!

    I've said this b4 and ill say it again - MFF TOTALLY
    ROCKS DUDE! :)

    I'm buyin' one of their t-shirts! :]

    -joe
    http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/jbc33/