    Does anyone know what characters are NOT allowed in file names?
    I just tried ' ; ( ) and they worked just fine.
    Vista home premium.

    richard, Jan 29, 2009

  2. richard

    richard Guest

    On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 23:04:01 -0500, richard <>
    wrote:

    >Does anyone know what characters are NOT allowed in file names?
    >I just tried ' ; ( ) and they worked just fine.
    >Vista home premium.

    should have looked harder first.

    The ones not allowed are:

    < > : " / \ | ? *

    richard, Jan 29, 2009

  3. richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    wrote:

    >Does anyone know what characters are NOT allowed in file names?
    >I just tried ' ; ( ) and they worked just fine.
    >Vista home premium.

    Good list at
    http://www.comentum.com/File-Systems-HFS-FAT-UFS.html

    Evan Platt, Jan 29, 2009
  4. richard

    Guest

    richard <> wrote:

    >Does anyone know what characters are NOT allowed in file names?
    >I just tried ' ; ( ) and they worked just fine.
    >Vista home premium.

    rename a file \ you will be shown
    --

    "Teen decides the best way to deal with a lit M-80 is to put it between his thighs so it doesn't damage anything important in his Grandma's house"

    , Jan 29, 2009
  5. richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 12:12:22 -0800, wrote:

    >rename a file \ you will be shown

    True that.

    Or create a file. :)

    Evan Platt, Jan 29, 2009