    dial
    tone..." I don't want change my standard user to Admin.
    , Feb 6, 2008

  2. Gordon Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Is there any way, how can I grant privilege(or User Right or
    > Permission) to
    > standard user to allow him change Maximum port speed (in Phone and
    > Modem
    > Options, tab Modem)? In XP standard user can not access any properties
    > of
    > modem, in Vista can, but only thing that he can change is "Wait for
    > dial
    > tone..." I don't want change my standard user to Admin.

    Why not ask in a Vista-specific group?
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.general might be a good start...
    Gordon, Feb 6, 2008

  3. why? Guest

    On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 02:33:18 -0800 (PST), wrote:

    >Is there any way, how can I grant privilege(or User Right or
    >Permission) to
    >standard user to allow him change Maximum port speed (in Phone and
    >Modem

    Why do you want to (allow standard user) change the port speed,
    different devices?

    Can't you set the max speed and leave it?

    Maybe a search of,

    microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

    from

    http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?&sel=33656486&expand=1

    >Options, tab Modem)? In XP standard user can not access any properties
    >of
    >modem, in Vista can, but only thing that he can change is "Wait for
    >dial
    >tone..." I don't want change my standard user to Admin.

    Good.

    How odd SanoH is asking the same thing :)
    http://www.vistax64.com/vista-accou...443-user-right-change-maximum-port-speed.html
    no name on this one
    http://www.tutorials-win.com/Vista/Allow-Standard/

    Me