    programs with admin rights. Is that possible?

    Regards
    Rainer

    Rainer, Sep 9, 2009

  2. Rainer

    James Kosin Guest

    Rainer,

    If it is as easy as Windows VISTA, just left click on the shortcut... select
    properties... shortcut tab... then advanced button.
    There should be a checkbox for an option to run-as-administrator...

    Of course they will have to have the admin password to run the applicaton.
    A simular thing is also available for Windows XP.

    James

    James Kosin, Sep 10, 2009

  3. Rainer

    Rainer Guest

    Hi James,

    thanks for your answer. I knew about the "start as...", but off course I
    don't want the normal user to know the adim password. That is why I am
    looking for a possibility to "configer" the system in a whay that
    certain program get started under the rights of the admin.

    Regards
    Rainer

    Rainer, Sep 10, 2009
  4. Rainer

    James Kosin Guest

    Only other way I know would be to schedule the program to start using
    scheduler. But, that probably isn't what you want either.
    I have the same issue with XP. I have a few programs that need to be
    started with a person with elevated privalledges I don't even give myself.
    Anyway to make a long story shorter.
    I could only find the trick I told you about to keep me from having to
    remember to shift-left-mouse-click and select run as ... with the trick I
    told you, you just double-click on the shortcut and the password dialog
    automatically appears to ask for the admin password.

    Sorry, If you find anything I'm also interested; but, I'd be werey of
    malware and other executables trying to take the same privelledges.

    James

    > thanks for your answer. I knew about the "start as...", but off course I
    > don't want the normal user to know the adim password. That is why I am
    > looking for a possibility to "configer" the system in a whay that certain
    > program get started under the rights of the admin.
    >
    > Regards
    > Rainer
    >
    > James Kosin schrieb:
    >> Rainer,
    >>
    >> If it is as easy as Windows VISTA, just left click on the shortcut...
    >> select properties... shortcut tab... then advanced button.
    >> There should be a checkbox for an option to run-as-administrator...
    >>
    >> Of course they will have to have the admin password to run the
    >> applicaton.
    >> A simular thing is also available for Windows XP.
    >>
    >> James
    >>
    >> "Rainer" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hello NG,
    >>>
    >>> I would like to allow a normal user under Windows7 to start certain
    >>> programs with admin rights. Is that possible?
    >>>
    >>> Regards
    >>> Rainer

    James Kosin, Sep 12, 2009