    Muse Groops Guest

    Should I have this checked off or not, it was checked off but I unchecked
    it. I don't do file searches that often.

    Muse Groops, Mar 31, 2007

  2. Muse Groops

    EricP Guest

    On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 20:14:47 -0400, "Muse Groops"
    <> wrote:

    >Should I have this checked off or not, it was checked off but I unchecked
    >it. I don't do file searches that often.

    In that case uncheck it. It is a resource hog and slows systems down.

    EricP, Mar 31, 2007

  3. Muse Groops

    Guest

    "Muse Groops" <> wrote:

    >Should I have this checked off or not, it was checked off but I unchecked
    >it. I don't do file searches that often.

    I have always turned this off.

    http://www.jasonn.com/turning_off_unnecessary_services_on_windows_xp
    "Indexing your computer isn't very useful at all. Typically, if you
    are on a network, you know where on a network to find your chosen
    data. If you are not on a network, there's no real performance
    enhancement to this service that justifies the complexity and resource
    use."

    --
    Geek Squad Manuals, "Troubleshooting" is pretty decent for newbies
    http://consumerist.com/consumer/geek-squad/leaked-5-more-geek-squad-manuals-248493.php

    , Mar 31, 2007
  4. Muse Groops

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 20:14:47 -0400, Muse Groops wrote:

    >Should I have this checked off or not, it was checked off but I unchecked
    >it. I don't do file searches that often.

    I always turn it off.

    Anything I want to search has it's own top level folder and is searched
    by CDS, http://www.copernic.com/

    Me

    why?, Mar 31, 2007
  5. Muse Groops

    Muse Groops Guest

    why? wrote:
    > On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 20:14:47 -0400, Muse Groops wrote:
    >
    >> Should I have this checked off or not, it was checked off but I
    >> unchecked it. I don't do file searches that often.

    > I always turn it off.
    >
    > Anything I want to search has it's own top level folder and is
    > searched by CDS, http://www.copernic.com/
    >
    > Me

    Thanks for the suggestion, I may not need it anyhow but that looks like the
    best desktop search program I've ever seen. I almost downloaded Yahoo's
    version, until I looked at it...

    Muse Groops, Mar 31, 2007