Allow clients access to internet ftps sites

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by marcus, Jan 30, 2006.

  1. marcus

    marcus Guest

    I have a client that says he is trying to access a secure ftp service
    using port 990.
    The user gets these command responces. I have removed site addresses
    and usernames etc. at users request for security.

    Réponse : 220 Welcome to XFB Gateway FTP server
    Commande : XXXXXXXX
    Réponse : 331 Send password please
    Commande : PASS XXXXXX
    Réponse : 230 User logged in, proceed
    Commande : FEAT
    Réponse : 211-Extensions supported
    Réponse : 211- SIZE
    Réponse : 211- MDTM
    Réponse : 211- AUTH TLS
    Réponse : 211- PBSZ
    Réponse : 211- PROT
    Réponse : 211 End of feat command response
    Commande : SYST
    Réponse : 215 UNIX XFB/UNIX
    Commande : PBSZ 0
    Réponse : 503 Bad sequence of command
    Commande : PROT P
    Réponse : 503 Bad sequence of command
    Etat : Connecté[English] state : Connecetd
    Etat : Récupération de la liste de
    répertoires...[English] getting folders list
    Commande : PWD
    Réponse : 257 "/" is current directory.
    Commande : TYPE A
    Réponse : 200 Command okay
    Commande : PASV
    Réponse : 227 Entering passive mode (xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx).
    Commande : LIST
    Erreur : Inactivité détectée ![ENGLISH] Inactivity
    detected
    Erreur : N'a pas pu récupérer la liste du
    répertoire[ENGLISH] Can't get folders list

    The 227 Entering passive mode (xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx) thwe first four
    decimal numbers appear to be the IP address of the destination server I
    do not know what the following 2 sets of numbers are unless they make
    up an IP v 6 address

    The firewall is a PIX-525 running 6.3(5) OS

    I don't have any ports blocked for outgoing traffic.

    I do have fixup protocol ftp 21

    I have limited expertise in this as I am covering for our usual network
    engineer, but need to try and resolve this problem as soon as possible.

    Thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction to fix this,

    Marcus.

    marcus, Jan 30, 2006

  2. In article <>,
    marcus <> wrote:
    >I have a client that says he is trying to access a secure ftp service
    >using port 990.

    >The 227 Entering passive mode (xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx) thwe first four
    >decimal numbers appear to be the IP address of the destination server I
    >do not know what the following 2 sets of numbers are unless they make
    >up an IP v 6 address

    The two numbers together represent one 16 bit port number, 8 bits
    in each one.

    >The firewall is a PIX-525 running 6.3(5) OS

    >I don't have any ports blocked for outgoing traffic.

    >I do have fixup protocol ftp 21

    Try having the client use active ftp instead of passive.

    Walter Roberson, Jan 30, 2006