All you wanted to know about MCP/ MCAD / MCSD but where afraid to ask

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Hermit Dave, Aug 28, 2004.

  1. Hermit Dave

    Hermit Dave Guest

    Kline and Jar are the only people i reckon who have read the FAQs in past
    but what the heck... here it goes. Will try to update with a few extra links

    if you are a beginner and think that MCAD or MCSD will look good on you !!!
    hold you guns... lapel pins okay... but i havent used it till date..
    get yourself .net sdk at
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...&DisplayLang=en

    for info on visual studio
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/

    if you to try the new Visual studio 2005 tools.. express products are here
    just for you.. help yourself.
    http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/vs2005/

    Now one you know in's and out's of programming ... on to certification..

    Basic info on what MCP/MCAD/MCSD is
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/

    pointers to the right places...
    MCP.. you give one exam you become MCP
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcp/default.asp

    MCAD.. do 3 select MCP exmas and you become MCAD
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcad/default.asp

    MCSD.. do all the required MCPs for a particular stream and you become MCSD
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsd/default.asp

    For .NET certification(s) MCP/ MCAD/ MCSD:
    you have 55 questions
    passing score is 700 of 1000
    its a 2 hour exam (plus 15 mins for tutorial + 15 for comments)
    it costs 103.something GBP in uk...
    you can find out the cost for your country at
    www.2test.com

    Also... you can take the exam in any order.. start with elective or a core
    MCP.
    the only requirement is that you do the least number of MCPs required for
    your cert

    If you program in C#.. get Amit Kalani's stuff... its not too bad... infact
    i am doing my 70-320 with this book and it all looks good so far.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...kalani/ref=xs_ap_sai1_xgl/026-0445228-0087606

    if you want MS training material...
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/Books/default.asp

    Please dont request dumps and or training material or information to be
    emailed to you. if you are smart enough to finish a newsgroup to spam then
    please remember that google is your best friend. first find out what mcad /
    mcsd is.

    --

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave
    (http://hdave.blogspot.com)

    Hermit Dave, Aug 28, 2004

  2. I couldn't have said it better!

    --
    Lateralus [MCAD]

    Lateralus [MCAD], Aug 29, 2004

  3. Hermit Dave

    Geoff Guest

    Seeing the types of questions posted here, I doubt very
    much those type of people can read :)

    url/index=books-uk&field-keywords=amit%
    20kalani/ref=xs_ap_sai1_xgl/026-0445228-0087606

    Geoff, Aug 31, 2004
  4. Hermit Dave

    Hermit Dave Guest

    yeah a couple of times i had to post a comment saying read my earlier post.
    :)

    --

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave
    (http://hdave.blogspot.com)

    Hermit Dave, Aug 31, 2004
  5. Hermit Dave

    Alistair Guest

    OMG!!!!! Is the ability to READ now a requirement? When
    did that happen??? Next they'll be asking for a basic
    understanding of development methodologies or (heaven
    forbid) the ability to communicate!

    Alistair, Sep 1, 2004
  6. >OMG!!!!! Is the ability to READ now a requirement? When
    >did that happen??? Next they'll be asking for a basic
    >understanding of development methodologies or (heaven
    >forbid) the ability to communicate!

    nope, that's just crazy talk. Whatever next, initiative and common
    sense maybe?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 1, 2004
  7. >yeah a couple of times i had to post a comment saying read my earlier post.

    pls can u post your earlier post again 4 me as early as possible.
    waiting.....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 1, 2004
  8. Hermit Dave

    Alistair Guest

    Now you're just being silly. Initiative and common sense?
    Since when do those characteristics feature in an
    technology career? Isn't that what management types are
    for?

    Hell if you're going to those lengths, you might as well
    put some real effort into the cert program. The next steps
    from this type of craziness would be to make the exams
    difficult enough to actually mean something. Then, of
    course, you'd have to do something about all those pesky
    braindumpers. But if you do that, the only people getting
    certs would be the ones that actually know something or
    (heaven forbid) have some real experience. Then the cert
    provider wouldn't be able to boast that more than 1.5
    million people have their cert.

    What's next from here? An actual lab exam?

    Sorry, now I'm the one who's being silly.

    Alistair, Sep 2, 2004
  9. >What's next from here? An actual lab exam?

    ..... mean while, back in the real world!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 2, 2004
  10. Hermit Dave

    M Bandu Guest

    Is there any time limit to pass all the exam?

    thanks

    M Bandu, Sep 21, 2004
  11. Hermit Dave

    Hermit Dave Guest

    well before microsoft retires them ofcourse :)
    they generally annouce the exams retiring in around July / August every
    year.. so just keep an eye on that

    --

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave
    (http://hdave.blogspot.com)

    Hermit Dave, Sep 21, 2004
  12. Hermit Dave

    Hermit Dave Guest

    just replied to your post on MCSD NG and wow.. you actually browsed all the
    way to find the post...
    I am impressed...

    --

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave
    (http://hdave.blogspot.com)

    Hermit Dave, Sep 21, 2004
  13. Hermit Dave

    Hermit Dave Guest

    now that actually makes me feel very very stupid... lol... check the list
    before actually hitting Send.. Damn Me

    --

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave
    (http://hdave.blogspot.com)
    > just replied to your post on MCSD NG and wow.. you actually browsed all

    the
    > way to find the post...
    > I am impressed...
    >
    > --
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Hermit Dave
    > (http://hdave.blogspot.com)
    > "M Bandu" <> wrote in message
    > > Is there any time limit to pass all the exam?
    > >
    > > thanks
    > >
    > > "Hermit Dave" <> wrote in

    message

    Hermit Dave, Sep 21, 2004