All user accounts disabled > I am locked out of my computer

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Harshil, Sep 15, 2006.

  1. Harshil

    Harshil Guest

    I was just trying to get rid of the welcome screen that appears
    everyone windows xp start, so I disabled ALL the accounts (including
    administrator & guest account) in Administrative Tools > Computer
    Management > Local Users and Groups > Users
    I showed 3 accounts: One in my name, another "Administrator" and third
    one "Guest". I disabled all of them. Ofcourse, i was unaware of the
    consequences.

    When I rebooted the pc, the windows xp welcome screen appeared but it
    did not show any accounts (i.e. I did not have any account to click
    to). I also tried pressing CLT + ALT + DEL twice to get the window
    where Username and Account password are to be typed but it doesnt work.
    It says that "Your account has been disabled. Please Contact System
    Administrator"
    (Even the administrator account give that message). I tried typing
    everything... my username, administrator, guest, etc but nothing works.
    Looks like I am locked out of my PC.

    Can anyone help me out with this? Is there any way I can get to my
    desktop or control panel without losing my private data so that I can
    once again enable the accounts?

    BTW, I tried in safe mode too and the same thing happens.

    (I did not have a password in any of my accounts)

    Please help me get out of this...

    Thanks,
    Harshil
    Harshil, Sep 15, 2006

  2. Harshil

    Guest

    "Harshil" <> wrote:

    >I was just trying to get rid of the welcome screen that appears
    >everyone windows xp start, so I disabled ALL the accounts (including
    >administrator & guest account) in Administrative Tools > Computer
    >Management > Local Users and Groups > Users
    >I showed 3 accounts: One in my name, another "Administrator" and third
    >one "Guest". I disabled all of them. Ofcourse, i was unaware of the
    >consequences.
    >
    >When I rebooted the pc, the windows xp welcome screen appeared but it
    >did not show any accounts (i.e. I did not have any account to click
    >to). I also tried pressing CLT + ALT + DEL twice to get the window
    >where Username and Account password are to be typed but it doesnt work.
    >It says that "Your account has been disabled. Please Contact System
    >Administrator"
    >(Even the administrator account give that message). I tried typing
    >everything... my username, administrator, guest, etc but nothing works.
    >Looks like I am locked out of my PC.
    >
    >Can anyone help me out with this? Is there any way I can get to my
    >desktop or control panel without losing my private data so that I can
    >once again enable the accounts?
    >
    >BTW, I tried in safe mode too and the same thing happens.
    >
    >(I did not have a password in any of my accounts)
    >
    >Please help me get out of this...

    Try this link - it's for passwords but gets you access to NUSRMGR.CPL
    http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=305

    Next time
    Start | Run <type in> control userpasswords2 <enter>
    Uncheck the obvious.

    --
    1000 virtual cars racing at the same time - Trackmania Sunrise :D
    http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=12321

  3. Harshil

    richard Guest

    "Harshil" <> wrote in message
    >I was just trying to get rid of the welcome screen that appears
    > everyone windows xp start, so I disabled ALL the accounts (including
    > administrator & guest account) in Administrative Tools > Computer
    > Management > Local Users and Groups > Users
    > I showed 3 accounts: One in my name, another "Administrator" and third
    > one "Guest". I disabled all of them. Ofcourse, i was unaware of the
    > consequences.
    >
    > When I rebooted the pc, the windows xp welcome screen appeared but it
    > did not show any accounts (i.e. I did not have any account to click
    > to). I also tried pressing CLT + ALT + DEL twice to get the window
    > where Username and Account password are to be typed but it doesnt work.
    > It says that "Your account has been disabled. Please Contact System
    > Administrator"
    > (Even the administrator account give that message). I tried typing
    > everything... my username, administrator, guest, etc but nothing works.
    > Looks like I am locked out of my PC.
    >
    > Can anyone help me out with this? Is there any way I can get to my
    > desktop or control panel without losing my private data so that I can
    > once again enable the accounts?
    >
    > BTW, I tried in safe mode too and the same thing happens.
    >
    > (I did not have a password in any of my accounts)
    >
    > Please help me get out of this...
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Harshil

    Hopefully you have a full recovery disk. Insert into CD and let the disk
    restore the damage.
    Next time, leave well enough alone if you know not what you are doing.
    richard, Sep 15, 2006
  4. Harshil

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 15:40:21 -0600, "richard" <> wrote:

    >Hopefully you have a full recovery disk. Insert into CD and let the disk
    >restore the damage.

    Put the peace pipe down Tonto.

    >Next time, leave well enough alone if you know not what you are doing.

    Words you should live by.
    Evan Platt, Sep 16, 2006
  5. Harshil

    Harshil Guest

    Thanks everyone for your help! I finally got my PC working! I installed
    windows XP on another partition of my hard disk drive and now I am
    running the PC on the new XP.
    Actually i have one more question.
    Is it possible for me to access the control panel of my old XP while
    running the new XP?
    I know that the useraccounts can be enabled by going into
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\compmgmt but when i click on that link (while in
    the old xp), the computer management window that opens relates to the
    new XP. Is there a way I can get into the computer management window of
    the old xp?
    Thanks for all the help..
    Harshil
    Harshil, Sep 18, 2006
  6. Harshil

    bini840

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    All user accounts disabled > I am locked out of my computer (THE SOLUTION)

    First Start Your pc And Pres F5 quickly--you will see a menu--choose safe mode
    Go to:My computer--Manage--- Local Users and Groups-- User
    Double Click on the Administrator and UNCHECK the
    Account is Disabled
    Restart You`r PC
    AND THERE YOU GO :)
    bini840, Jun 12, 2011