    your IP address on the internet". And then telling me I need to buy their
    product. To me it is blackmail.
    Louis

    Louis, Oct 6, 2003

    http://www.stopspam.org/email/headers/headers.html

    Dealing With Junk Email
    http://www.jcrdesign.com/junkemaildeal.html

    The SPAM-L FAQ
    http://www.claws-and-paws.com/spam-l/index.html

    On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 01:28:13 GMT, in
    <Ny3gb.31711$>
    Louis scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 6, 2003

  3. Louis

    Jammer Guest

    http://www.indefense.com

    --
    Jammer :)

    In news:Ny3gb.31711$,
    Louis <> typed: with a :)

    Jammer, Oct 6, 2003
  4. i am disgusted by the fake emails and phony emails from MS. i
    thought i was the only one receiving them. i am glad to hear i
    am not the only one. so far, the only problem has been the
    nuisance values of this s__t.

    --
    Ms. Hilary L Glazer
    CEO, Demarcation Systems

    Local 818-892-8043
    Toll-Free 1-888-339-0133 PIN 0783
    "Louis" <> wrote in message
    : I feel that we are blackmailed by these spammers and their
    bombardment of
    : phony emails from Microsoft and undelivered email. What is the
    best defense
    : against them?
    : As well as the spammers that pop-up on screens when you are out
    on the
    : internet and not connected to their site which say that "you
    are leaking
    : your IP address on the internet". And then telling me I need
    to buy their
    : product. To me it is blackmail.
    : Louis
    :
    :

    Hilary Glazer, Oct 6, 2003
  5. Louis

    Richard Guest

    Louis wrote:

    > I feel that we are blackmailed by these spammers and their bombardment
    > of
    > phony emails from Microsoft and undelivered email. What is the best
    > defense
    > against them?
    > As well as the spammers that pop-up on screens when you are out on the
    > internet and not connected to their site which say that "you are
    > leaking
    > your IP address on the internet". And then telling me I need to buy
    > their
    > product. To me it is blackmail.
    > Louis

    I've finally decided to make a message rule to delete all inbound mail from
    hotmail and yahoo.
    Since most of the return accounts are fake anyway because neither do
    anything about it.
    What needs to be done is to have a mandatory program that would validate
    return paths.
    That is, if the return addy doesn't match to the sender, it doesn't get
    sent.

    Richard, Oct 6, 2003

    Try looking here: http://tinyurl.com/pu1x

    Baron Wolfgar von Schtuldeworfshiseundurheimhoppen, Oct 6, 2003
  7. Louis

    leftnutrzr Guest

    "Louis" <> wrote in message
    > I feel that we are blackmailed by these spammers and their bombardment of
    > phony emails from Microsoft and undelivered email. What is the best

    defense
    > against them?
    > As well as the spammers that pop-up on screens when you are out on the
    > internet and not connected to their site which say that "you are leaking
    > your IP address on the internet". And then telling me I need to buy their
    > product. To me it is blackmail.
    > Louis

    also one good way is _if_ you have your own mail server ( btw they're not as
    hard to setup as ya think .. and some are free for 3 users and are able to
    stop viruses w/o you downloading them) then you can put someting like i have
    ... roNckOzonSerPadAioM.com
    a normal person would see the no spam in there and pick it out and you dont
    have to worry about others owning the address cause you own the unmung'd one

    just a thought

    leftnutrzr, Oct 6, 2003
  8. Louis

    Juan Pérez Guest

    --
    I find it is impossible to be wrong 100% of the time. That would require
    a consistence greater than I could ever achieve.
    Richard <anom@anom> wrote in message
    > Louis wrote:
    >
    > > I feel that we are blackmailed by these spammers and their

    bombardment
    > > of
    > > phony emails from Microsoft and undelivered email. What is the best
    > > defense
    > > against them?
    > > As well as the spammers that pop-up on screens when you are out on

    the
    > > internet and not connected to their site which say that "you are
    > > leaking
    > > your IP address on the internet". And then telling me I need to buy
    > > their
    > > product. To me it is blackmail.
    > > Louis

    > I've finally decided to make a message rule to delete all inbound mail

    from
    > hotmail and yahoo.
    > Since most of the return accounts are fake anyway because neither do
    > anything about it.

    Wrong again. Hotmail filters spam mail, mostly ineffective, yet over
    half gets caught.

    Juan Pérez, Oct 6, 2003
  9. Louis

    trout Guest

    Baron Wolfgar von troll wrote:
    <snip>

    > Try looking here: http://tinyurlxxx

    Mediaboy? You *are* one dull, predictable asswipe.
    --
    "Trolls are stupid. Stupid people are boring."

    trout, Oct 6, 2003
  10. Louis

    Zknb Guest

    On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 01:28:13 GMT, "Louis"
    <> wrote:

    >I feel that we are blackmailed by these spammers and their bombardment of
    >phony emails from Microsoft and undelivered email. What is the best defense
    >against them?

    Any good antivirus software. (I use Norton AV)

    For spam the best I have found is Spampal www.spampal.org

    A good firewall or if you are on broadband a router/firewall.

    >As well as the spammers that pop-up on screens when you are out on the
    >internet and not connected to their site which say that "you are leaking
    >your IP address on the internet". And then telling me I need to buy their
    >product. To me it is blackmail.
    >Louis

    Ignore them getting your IP address is child play and it gets them
    nothing. If you are that scared then pay for a anatomizing service.

    Displaying a directory of your hard drive on your screen amounts to
    nothing more than a parlor trick. Only you see your hard drive
    contents it is NOT being sent to the web site.

    Zknb, Oct 7, 2003
  11. Louis <> wrote:

    > I feel that we are blackmailed by these spammers and their bombardment of
    > phony emails from Microsoft and undelivered email. What is the best
    > defense against them?
    > As well as the spammers that pop-up on screens when you are out on the
    > internet and not connected to their site which say that "you are leaking
    > your IP address on the internet". And then telling me I need to buy their
    > product. To me it is blackmail.
    > Louis

    "Welcome to Bargain Network USA Dot Com where our motto is "Why pay retail?"

    We are a clearance outlet for national and international distributors,
    selling at liquidation prices. Close out items are sold on a first come
    first serve basis and have a new product warranty."

    No hits on them in .sightings. But one wonders....
    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

    Gary G. Taylor, Oct 7, 2003
  12. Louis

    Professor Guest

    Some of these get through the virus protection which you should always
    upgrade to keep up with the latest viruses but if you don't open the
    attatchments and just delete them you not get the virus.

    Professor, Oct 7, 2003
  13. Louis

    Juan Pérez Guest

    If you are that scared then pay for a anatomizing service.

    uhm...professor of English? :)

    Juan Pérez, Oct 8, 2003
  14. Louis

    Me Guest

    Juan Pérez wrote:
    > If you are that scared then pay for a anatomizing service.
    >>>

    > uhm...professor of English? :)

    At NYU's no doubt.

    Me, Oct 8, 2003