    them.

    http://dpreview.com/news/1109/11090114samsungnx200.asp

    Also, I see the pixel counts keep rising.
    RichA, Sep 1, 2011

  2. RichA

    Mr. Strat Guest

    In article
    <>,
    RichA <> wrote:

    > Notice this trend? I wonder what's driving it? You'd feel kind
    > of...shabby carrying a PLASTIC lump of a DSLR that cost you $900 with
    > 2 kit lenses if someone had a smaller, better-built METAL camera with
    > them.
    >
    > http://dpreview.com/news/1109/11090114samsungnx200.asp

    But it's Samsung, so you know it sucks.
    Mr. Strat, Sep 1, 2011

  3. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    "Mr. Strat" <> wrote:

    >In article
    ><>,
    >RichA <> wrote:
    >
    >> Notice this trend? I wonder what's driving it? You'd feel kind
    >> of...shabby carrying a PLASTIC lump of a DSLR that cost you $900 with
    >> 2 kit lenses if someone had a smaller, better-built METAL camera with
    >> them.
    >>
    >> http://dpreview.com/news/1109/11090114samsungnx200.asp
    >>

    >But it's Samsung, so you know it sucks.

    We have sold large numbers of Samsung mirrorless CSCs this year,
    especially when the earthquake/tsunami adversely affected supplies of
    Panasonic and Sony CSCs - and to a lesser extent, Olympus.

    We have had very few returned. Many Samsung customers have gone out
    of their way to tell us how happy they are with their purchases. We
    sell all brands and have no particular favourites, and there are no
    particular incentives that would make us prefer to sell one brand over
    others*, so the (objective) conclusion that we can draw is that the
    Samsung NX series has been quite successful.

    (*the same is not true of lenses, where manufacturers/importers offer
    widely differing margins and incentives)
    Bruce, Sep 1, 2011
  4. RichA

    DanP Guest

    On Thursday, 1 September 2011 14:47:00 UTC+1, Bruce wrote:
    > "Mr. Strat" <> wrote:
    >
    > >In article
    > ><>,
    > >RichA <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> Notice this trend? I wonder what's driving it? You'd feel kind
    > >> of...shabby carrying a PLASTIC lump of a DSLR that cost you $900 with
    > >> 2 kit lenses if someone had a smaller, better-built METAL camera with
    > >> them.
    > >>
    > >> http://dpreview.com/news/1109/11090114samsungnx200.asp
    > >>

    > >But it's Samsung, so you know it sucks.

    > We have sold large numbers of Samsung mirrorless CSCs this year,
    > especially when the earthquake/tsunami adversely affected supplies of
    > Panasonic and Sony CSCs - and to a lesser extent, Olympus.
    >
    > We have had very few returned. Many Samsung customers have gone out
    > of their way to tell us how happy they are with their purchases. We
    > sell all brands and have no particular favourites, and there are no
    > particular incentives that would make us prefer to sell one brand over
    > others*, so the (objective) conclusion that we can draw is that the
    > Samsung NX series has been quite successful.
    >

    > (*the same is not true of lenses, where manufacturers/importers offer
    > widely differing margins and incentives)

    I am surprised, I thought people would want a good lens choice when buying into a system.

    DanP
    DanP, Sep 1, 2011
  5. RichA

    Me Guest

    On 2/09/2011 12:31 a.m., RichA wrote:
    > Notice this trend? I wonder what's driving it? You'd feel kind
    > of...shabby carrying a PLASTIC lump of a DSLR that cost you $900 with
    > 2 kit lenses if someone had a smaller, better-built METAL camera with
    > them.

    So what? It's yet another useless piece of shit rangefinder style
    thing, but without anything even close to the vital feature which make a
    rangefinder what it is.

    > http://dpreview.com/news/1109/11090114samsungnx200.asp
    >
    > Also, I see the pixel counts keep rising.

    Totally as expected for the target market for junk like that - gadget
    freaks - not photographers.
    Me, Sep 1, 2011
  6. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    DanP <> wrote:
    >On Thursday, 1 September 2011 14:47:00 UTC+1, Bruce wrote:
    >> "Mr. Strat" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >In article
    >> ><>,

    >> >But it's Samsung, so you know it sucks.

    >> We have sold large numbers of Samsung mirrorless CSCs this year,
    >> especially when the earthquake/tsunami adversely affected supplies of
    >> Panasonic and Sony CSCs - and to a lesser extent, Olympus.
    >>
    >> We have had very few returned. Many Samsung customers have gone out
    >> of their way to tell us how happy they are with their purchases. We
    >> sell all brands and have no particular favourites, and there are no
    >> particular incentives that would make us prefer to sell one brand over
    >> others*, so the (objective) conclusion that we can draw is that the
    >> Samsung NX series has been quite successful.
    >>

    >> (*the same is not true of lenses, where manufacturers/importers offer
    >> widely differing margins and incentives)

    >I am surprised, I thought people would want a good lens choice when buying into a system.

    Don't be surprised! A large proportion of people who buy an
    interchangeable lens camera will only ever use one lens - the one that
    came with the camera. Most of the rest will have just one additional
    lens, and that probably won't get much use.

    There is a lot of demand for >10X zoom lenses so people won't ever
    have to take them off the camera. Optically, they are all junk, but
    buyers don't seem to care.

    The vast majority of buyers of interchangeable lens cameras would be
    better served by a superzoom. Their performance has improved much
    faster than that of DSLRs, meaning that the gap between them is
    getting much smaller.
    Bruce, Sep 1, 2011
  7. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Sep 1, 9:24 am, "Mr. Strat" <> wrote:
    > In article
    > <>,
    >
    > RichA <> wrote:
    > > Notice this trend?  I wonder what's driving it?  You'd feel kind
    > > of...shabby carrying a PLASTIC lump of a DSLR that cost you $900 with
    > > 2 kit lenses if someone had a smaller, better-built METAL camera with
    > > them.

    > >http://dpreview.com/news/1109/11090114samsungnx200.asp

    > But it's Samsung, so you know it sucks.

    I almost feel sorry for them. They get the worst placement in camera
    stores.
    RichA, Sep 1, 2011
  8. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Sep 1, 9:55 am, Me <> wrote:
    > On 2/09/2011 12:31 a.m., RichA wrote:> Notice this trend?  I wonder what's driving it?  You'd feel kind
    > > of...shabby carrying a PLASTIC lump of a DSLR that cost you $900 with
    > > 2 kit lenses if someone had a smaller, better-built METAL camera with
    > > them.

    > So what?  It's yet another useless piece of shit rangefinder style
    > thing, but without anything even close to the vital feature which make a
    > rangefinder what it is.
    >
    > >http://dpreview.com/news/1109/11090114samsungnx200.asp

    > > Also, I see the pixel counts keep rising.

    >  >
    > Totally as expected for the target market for junk like that - gadget
    > freaks - not photographers.

    Please! I know a lot of real photogs who bought NEX's (for example)
    as back-up cameras. Fact is, most cameras, mirrored or mirrorless
    that sport reasonable sized sensors can qualify for any image bank.
    RichA, Sep 1, 2011
  9. RichA

    Mr. Strat Guest

    In article <CA863CE2.771BF%>, George Kerby
    <> wrote:

    > >> But it's Samsung, so you know it sucks.

    > > I almost feel sorry for them. They get the worst placement in camera
    > > stores.

    > Don't. They sell a LOT of other shit as well...

    You got it right...shit is what Samsung specializes in...they always
    have.
    Mr. Strat, Sep 2, 2011
  10. RichA

    John Turco Guest

    "Mr. Strat" wrote:

    <edited for brevity>

    > You got it right...shit is what Samsung specializes in...they always have.

    I've neither owned nor used a Samsung digicam, but...this consumer electronics
    giant's other products are often world class.

    For example, my Samsung "ML-6060" (monochrome laser printer) is a fine machine.
    It's a fair match for any equivalent device from Hewlett-Packard and Canon, as
    I'm confident in saying.

    --
    Cordially,
    John Turco <>