    How do I set in WindXP that when I go to Start-All Programs all programs
    should be in collapsed mode. The reason is I have to many programs when I
    go on programs the whole screen is full Fred
    Fred J, Sep 17, 2003

  2. Fred J

    Ed Guest

    "Fred J" <> wrote in message
    news:QeP9b.51104$...
    > How do I set in WindXP that when I go to Start-All Programs all programs
    > should be in collapsed mode. The reason is I have to many programs when I
    > go on programs the whole screen is full Fred

    1. Right-click the Start button and choose Properties
    2. Click the Start Menu tab at the top
    3. Be sure the Start Menu radio button is selected and click the Customize
    button
    4. When the Customize Start Menu window appears, click the Advanced tab at
    the top.
    5. Scroll through the Start menu items window (in the middle) and look for
    the Scroll Programs option. Place a check in this box.

    This will make your Programs... pop-out window appear as a single,
    vertically scrolling menu instead of 2-3 side-by-side lists of programs.

    Good luck.
    Ed, Sep 17, 2003

  3. Fred J

    Fred J Guest