    Running XP Home. TIA for any advice.

    Regards
    Kaz

    Kaz, Mar 9, 2005

  2. Kaz wrote:
    > Is there a way to choose what programs appear in the All Programs list? Not
    > all of the programs installed on my machine are able to fit in this list,
    > but I would like to remove some of the less needed applications, to be
    > replaced by more used ones. I have pinned some to the Start menu, but have
    > had to resort to making shortcuts on the desktop to access some programs.
    > Running XP Home. TIA for any advice.
    >
    > Regards
    > Kaz

    If you have Intellimenus you can just let your system start hiding the
    lesser used programs.
    You could also place the more frequently used programs on quick launch.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Mar 9, 2005

  3. Brian H¹©, <>, the gonorrhoea-infested, rude
    g-string, and grain winnower, chattered:

    > Kaz wrote:
    >> Is there a way to choose what programs appear in the All Programs
    >> list? Not all of the programs installed on my machine are able to
    >> fit in this list, but I would like to remove some of the less needed
    >> applications, to be replaced by more used ones. I have pinned some
    >> to the Start menu, but have had to resort to making shortcuts on the
    >> desktop to access some programs. Running XP Home. TIA for any advice.
    >>
    >> Regards
    >> Kaz
    >>

    > If you have Intellimenus you can just let your system start hiding the
    > lesser used programs.
    > You could also place the more frequently used programs on quick
    > launch.

    You're a really helpful chappy Bwian, I like that. You're also a cutsie
    wootsie and a hotsie totsie!!!

    Okitsugu Kamisaka, Mar 9, 2005
  4. Kaz

    ~Brian~ Guest

    "Kaz" <> wrote in message
    > Is there a way to choose what programs appear in the All Programs list?

    Not
    > all of the programs installed on my machine are able to fit in this list,
    > but I would like to remove some of the less needed applications, to be
    > replaced by more used ones. I have pinned some to the Start menu, but have
    > had to resort to making shortcuts on the desktop to access some programs.
    > Running XP Home. TIA for any advice.
    >
    > Regards
    > Kaz

    What I did was to group the programs in files on the programs list EG: Anti
    virus - Graphics - Spyware Progs - Internet - etc etc you then end up with a
    short list and can open whichever folder you need to get at the program.

    ~Brian~, Mar 9, 2005
  5. Kaz

    Kaz Guest

    "~Brian~" <~brian~@totallyinvalid.com> wrote in message

    > "Kaz" <> wrote in message
    > > Is there a way to choose what programs appear in the All Programs list?

    > Not
    > > all of the programs installed on my machine are able to fit in this

    list,
    > > but I would like to remove some of the less needed applications, to be
    > > replaced by more used ones. I have pinned some to the Start menu, but

    have
    > > had to resort to making shortcuts on the desktop to access some

    programs.
    > > Running XP Home. TIA for any advice.
    > >
    > > Regards
    > > Kaz
    > >

    > What I did was to group the programs in files on the programs list EG:

    Anti
    > virus - Graphics - Spyware Progs - Internet - etc etc you then end up with

    > short list and can open whichever folder you need to get at the program.

    Thanks....that's what I had in mind, but please forgive my
    ignorance...how/where do I do that?

    Kaz, Mar 9, 2005
  6. Kaz

    °Mike° Guest

    Get rid of the crappy Windows XP start menu; use
    the 'Classic' Start menu and organise it as you would
    have in previous versions of Windows.

    On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 16:48:05 GMT, in
    <9NFXd.190939$>
    Kaz scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Mar 9, 2005
  7. Kaz

    ~Brian~ Guest

    "Kaz" <> wrote in message

    > "~Brian~" <~brian~@totallyinvalid.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Kaz" <> wrote in message
    > > > Is there a way to choose what programs appear in the All Programs

    list?
    > > Not
    > > > all of the programs installed on my machine are able to fit in this

    > list,
    > > > but I would like to remove some of the less needed applications, to be
    > > > replaced by more used ones. I have pinned some to the Start menu, but

    > have
    > > > had to resort to making shortcuts on the desktop to access some

    > programs.
    > > > Running XP Home. TIA for any advice.
    > > >
    > > > Regards
    > > > Kaz
    > > >

    > > What I did was to group the programs in files on the programs list EG:

    > Anti
    > > virus - Graphics - Spyware Progs - Internet - etc etc you then end up

    with
    > > short list and can open whichever folder you need to get at the program.
    > >

    > Thanks....that's what I had in mind, but please forgive my
    > ignorance...how/where do I do that?

    Click My Computer

    Local Disc C (or whatever)

    Click Documents and Settings

    Click either All Users - Your Name (probably have to do both)

    Click Start Menu

    Click Programs

    Make up the folders you want - Anti Virus etc and drag your programs into
    them. You may have to do the same in All users, but make sure you name the
    folders the same as the others, they will only appear once in your start
    program list, with all the progs you have put in them in both cases. Hope
    that's not too convoluted?

    ~Brian~, Mar 9, 2005
  8. Kaz

    ~Brian~ Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > Get rid of the crappy Windows XP start menu; use
    > the 'Classic' Start menu and organise it as you would
    > have in previous versions of Windows.

    I totally agree!

    ~Brian~, Mar 9, 2005
  9. Kaz

    > "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > > Get rid of the crappy Windows XP start menu; use
    > > the 'Classic' Start menu and organise it as you would
    > > have in previous versions of Windows.
    > >

    > I totally agree!

    Thanks for the info everyone...I also agree that the setup for the Start
    menu in our previous OS.....98SE was much better.

    Kaz, Mar 10, 2005
  10. Kaz

    °Mike° Guest

    On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 17:27:24 GMT, in
    <0s%Xd.192099$>
    Kaz scrawled:

    <snip>

    >Thanks for the info everyone...I also agree that the setup for the Start
    >menu in our previous OS.....98SE was much better.

    You can have it back (almost) like that, easily. Right click
    on the taskbar, select 'Properties', choose the 'Start Menu'
    tab and check the 'Classic Start Menu' option. Apply/OK.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Mar 10, 2005