All pictures are doubled up

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by John, Jan 8, 2004.

  1. John

    John Guest

    Complete novice needing help please.

    Camera: Panasonic DMC FZ-10.

    The card that came with the camera was only 16MB so purchased a 128MB
    card. At this stage I'm just taking photo's in different modes, and
    settings, to get the feel of what I'm doing.

    The pictures I took with the original card came out great, but every
    time I take a photo with the new card I get a two photo's of the same
    picture. (two for the price of one).

    I've read the manual over and over, but can't find anything that
    mentions this problem:)

    Any help, or advice, would be appreciated.

    Regards,
    John.

    John, Jan 8, 2004

  2. John

    Annika1980 Guest

    >From: John lid

    >The pictures I took with the original card came out great, but every
    >time I take a photo with the new card I get a two photo's of the same
    >picture. (two for the price of one).

    Wait till Sigma hears about this feature.
    Then they'll be advertising a 20.4MP SD-11.

    Annika1980, Jan 8, 2004

  3. John

    tatanka Guest

    "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    > >From: John lid

    > >The pictures I took with the original card came out great, but every
    > >time I take a photo with the new card I get a two photo's of the same
    > >picture. (two for the price of one).

    > Wait till Sigma hears about this feature.
    > Then they'll be advertising a 20.4MP SD-11.

    <LMAO!>

    Seriously John... Check to see if you might have "bracketing" turned on.

    tatanka, Jan 8, 2004
  4. John

    John Guest

    On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 19:06:44 -0700, tatanka wrote:

    > "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    >>>From: John lid

    >>>The pictures I took with the original card came out great, but every
    >>>time I take a photo with the new card I get a two photo's of the same
    >>>picture. (two for the price of one).

    >> Wait till Sigma hears about this feature.
    >> Then they'll be advertising a 20.4MP SD-11.

    > <LMAO!>
    >
    > Seriously John... Check to see if you might have "bracketing" turned on.

    Pleased to see I've brought a small ray of sunshine into someone's
    day:)

    After posting my panic message, I gave it some further thought and
    remembered that I had played around with the burst button a couple of
    days ago. Thinking that I might have bugged something up I went into
    the setup, and changed back to the default settins. Everything seems
    to be okay now (fingers crossed).
    Have no idea what bracketing does, so back to the manual:)

    Regards,
    John.

    John, Jan 8, 2004
  5. John

    Randy Rhine Guest

    Bracketing is nice. If you're not quite sure the camera is taking
    selecting the proper exposure, set to bracket mode and use the best one.

    rr

    Randy Rhine, Jan 8, 2004
  6. John

    Dan Sullivan Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 19:06:44 -0700, tatanka wrote:
    >
    > > "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    > > Seriously John... Check to see if you might have "bracketing" turned

    on.

    > Pleased to see I've brought a small ray of sunshine into someone's
    > day:)
    >
    > After posting my panic message, I gave it some further thought and
    > remembered that I had played around with the burst button a couple of
    > days ago. Thinking that I might have bugged something up I went into
    > the setup, and changed back to the default settins. Everything seems
    > to be okay now (fingers crossed).
    > Have no idea what bracketing does, so back to the manual:)
    >
    > Regards,
    > John.

    Read the manual at least twice.

    And be sure you understand everything.

    Best, Dan

    Dan Sullivan, Jan 8, 2004
  7. John

    John Guest

    On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 03:04:44 GMT, Dan Sullivan wrote:

    > "John" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 19:06:44 -0700, tatanka wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    >>> Seriously John... Check to see if you might have "bracketing" turned

    > on.
    >>
    >> Pleased to see I've brought a small ray of sunshine into someone's
    >> day:)
    >>
    >> After posting my panic message, I gave it some further thought and
    >> remembered that I had played around with the burst button a couple of
    >> days ago. Thinking that I might have bugged something up I went into
    >> the setup, and changed back to the default settins. Everything seems
    >> to be okay now (fingers crossed).
    >> Have no idea what bracketing does, so back to the manual:)
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> John.

    > Read the manual at least twice.

    I've only had the camera a week, and the manual is already
    dog-eared:)

    > And be sure you understand everything.

    Well, that's another story:)

    Regards,
    John.

    John, Jan 8, 2004
  8. John

    ONEStar Guest

    I have read my manual twice and am on my third time. It's amazing how much
    clearer things become as you gain experience with the camera over time! In
    the beginning I had to read every line and often still did not catch it.
    Now it's like, "I know that".

    Isis

    ONEStar, Jan 20, 2004
  9. John

    John Guest

    On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 19:47:37 -0500, ONEStar wrote:

    >> On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 03:04:44 GMT, Dan Sullivan wrote:
    >>
    >>> "John" <> wrote in message

    >>> on.

    >>> Read the manual at least twice.

    >> I've only had the camera a week, and the manual is already
    >> dog-eared:)
    >>>
    >>> And be sure you understand everything.

    >> Well, that's another story:)
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> John.

    > I have read my manual twice and am on my third time. It's amazing how much
    > clearer things become as you gain experience with the camera over time! In
    > the beginning I had to read every line and often still did not catch it.
    > Now it's like, "I know that".
    >
    > Isis

    Hey Isis, That problem was days ago...had another dozen panics since
    then:)

    Regards,
    John.

    John, Jan 20, 2004
  10. John

    ONEStar Guest

    Thanks. I guess I need to "catch up" on this group. I still have 97,000
    not downloaded!

    Isis

    ONEStar, Jan 20, 2004