    message with the replies in a thread instead of everything appearing as
    single messages.
    thanks

    D@Z, Dec 13, 2008

  2. D@Z

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 15:07:20 -0000, "D@Z"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi All,
    >
    >Using windows live mail to view newsgroup messages. All the messages are
    >displayed including replies all as separate messages and not as part of a
    >thread, so I have multiple messages all with Re: that correspond to a
    >single thread, any ideas on how to set it up so I only see the initial
    >message with the replies in a thread instead of everything appearing as
    >single messages.
    >thanks

    Did you search the help for 'threading' or 'threaded'? I don't have
    Windows mail, but googled, and can't see any evidence it supports it.

    Evan Platt, Dec 13, 2008

  3. D@Z

    D@Z Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 15:07:20 -0000, "D@Z"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi All,
    >>
    >>Using windows live mail to view newsgroup messages. All the messages are
    >>displayed including replies all as separate messages and not as part of a
    >>thread, so I have multiple messages all with Re: that correspond to a
    >>single thread, any ideas on how to set it up so I only see the initial
    >>message with the replies in a thread instead of everything appearing as
    >>single messages.
    >>thanks

    > Did you search the help for 'threading' or 'threaded'? I don't have
    > Windows mail, but googled, and can't see any evidence it supports it.

    It does support threading as I used to have it that way before I reformatted
    my pc, I have not changed any of the default settings, as you can imagine it
    is quite hard following a thread when all the messages are all over the
    place! Thanks anyhow

    D@Z, Dec 13, 2008
  4. D@Z

    D@Z Guest

    "D@Z" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Using windows live mail to view newsgroup messages. All the messages are
    > displayed including replies all as separate messages and not as part of a
    > thread, so I have multiple messages all with Re: that correspond to a
    > single thread, any ideas on how to set it up so I only see the initial
    > message with the replies in a thread instead of everything appearing as
    > single messages.
    > thanks

    sorted this

    http://www.microsoft.com/communitie...64-87df-f54d24beb02d&cat=&lang=&cr=&sloc=&p=1

    this link has the answer in case anyone else has the problem

    D@Z, Dec 13, 2008
  5. D@Z

    D@Z Guest

    "Mike Easter" <> wrote in message
    > D@Z wrote:
    >
    >> this link has the answer in case anyone else has the problem

    > That link sez Group Messages by Conversation is inop when in 'Two-line'
    > view mode.
    >
    > What is two-line view?
    >

    > --
    > Mike Easter

    Absolutely no idea, only that following that link and doing what it
    recommends solved the problem that I originally had. I never altered the
    options when I first installed live mail and I didn't change anything the
    second time I installed it , what went wrong in between I have no idea

    D@Z, Dec 13, 2008