    downloading
    Outlook express
    Windows XP

    Chris Turner, Jan 11, 2005

  2. Chris Turner

    mark Guest

    "Chris Turner" <> wrote in message
    news:cs0hnf$bl$...
    > Every time I go to send and receive I have over 1000 messages keep
    > downloading
    > Outlook express
    > Windows XP

    I don't but thank you for sharing.
    Did you have a question?

    --
    Ever think of marking them read and deleting them?
    And changing the amount of articles to download?

    mark, Jan 11, 2005

  3. Chris Turner

    Chris Turner Guest

    Done that Mark and they just keep downloading each time I connect.
    I have tried getting rid of show all messages in view on the tool bar but it
    doesn't work

    Chris Turner, Jan 11, 2005
  4. Chris Turner

    > Done that Mark and they just keep downloading each time I connect.
    > I have tried getting rid of show all messages in view on the tool bar but

    it
    > doesn't work
    > "mark" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Chris Turner" <> wrote in message
    > >> Every time I go to send and receive I have over 1000 messages keep
    > >> downloading
    > >> Outlook express
    > >> Windows XP

    > > I don't but thank you for sharing.
    > > Did you have a question?

    What is checked under Tools, Options.. Read and Maintenance tabs?

    mark, Jan 11, 2005
  5. Chris Turner

    Chris Turner Guest

    Re: All emails keep downloading

    Sorry should have said emails not news messages

    Chris Turner, Jan 11, 2005
  6. Chris Turner

    Chris Turner, Jan 11, 2005
  7. Chris Turner

    Chris Turner, Jan 11, 2005
  8. Re: All emails keep downloading

    On 11 Jan 2005, Chris Turner scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Sorry should have said emails not news messages

    snip

    OK, you said it three times. I get the message. Check in
    Tools>Accounts>your mail account>Advanced tab, see if there is a check
    in "Leave copy of messages on server". If there is, uncheck it.

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    You know what I like best about the NCAA Basketball Tournament? Sixty-

    The Old Sourdough, Jan 11, 2005
  9. Chris Turner

    NewsHound Guest

    "Chris Turner" <> wrote in

    > Every time I go to send and receive I have over 1000 messages keep
    > downloading
    > Outlook express
    > Windows XP

    do you have server setting to hold messages on the server?
    if you do each time you login in then they will be sent again.
    Change the setting to not hold messages on the server.
    Jack

    NewsHound, Jan 11, 2005
  10. Chris Turner

    Chris Turner Guest

    Re: All emails keep downloading

    Thanks to The Old Sourdough that was the problem, glad you got the message
    told you it kept sending or I've developed a stutter

    Chris Turner, Jan 11, 2005
  11. Re: All emails keep downloading

    On 11 Jan 2005, Chris Turner scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Thanks to The Old Sourdough that was the problem, glad you got the
    > message told you it kept sending or I've developed a stutter

    snip

    :)

    The Old Sourdough, Jan 11, 2005
  12. Chris Turner

    Plato Guest

    Chris Turner wrote:

    > Every time I go to send and receive I have over 1000 messages keep
    > downloading

    Tell your email client to delete messages once downloaded.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jan 12, 2005
  13. On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 13:02:52 -0000, "Chris Turner"
    <> wrote:

    >Done that Mark and they just keep downloading each time I connect.
    >I have tried getting rid of show all messages in view on the tool bar but it
    >doesn't work

    http://www.forteinc.com

    Swill

    --