    Can anyone help?

    Thxs

    Site : http://mesnews.no-ip.com
    Mandrake, Apr 25, 2004

  2. Re: All items disappear in Preferences and the window itself appearsonly once

    Mandrake writes:

    > Running WinXP Pro French, Mozilla 1.7b
    >
    > As told in the subject of this post, when I get to Edit/Preferences, the
    > preferences window appears with all the left side items blank although
    > the right side.
    >
    > Next time I call preferences, the window doesn't even appear.
    >
    > It happened also on Mozilla 1.6, as far as I remember.

    That happened to me recently when the installation of an extension in
    Mozilla 1.6 went awry or something. I ran the Mozilla installer again,
    skipping the "delete third-party plugins" step and everything returned
    to normal. It's worth a try.

    --
    Good judgment comes from experience.
    Experience comes from bad judgment.
    Caffeine Junkie, Apr 25, 2004

  3. Mandrake

    Mandrake Guest

    Caffeine Junkie a exprimé avec précision :
    > Mandrake writes:
    >
    >> Running WinXP Pro French, Mozilla 1.7b
    >>
    >> As told in the subject of this post, when I get to Edit/Preferences, the
    >> preferences window appears with all the left side items blank although the
    >> right side.
    >>
    >> Next time I call preferences, the window doesn't even appear.
    >>
    >> It happened also on Mozilla 1.6, as far as I remember.

    > That happened to me recently when the installation of an extension in Mozilla
    > 1.6 went awry or something. I ran the Mozilla installer again, skipping the
    > "delete third-party plugins" step and everything returned to normal. It's
    > worth a try.

    Thank you for such a prompt reply.

    I'll make the test right now

    Site : http://mesnews.no-ip.com
    Mandrake, Apr 26, 2004
  4. Mandrake

    Mandrake Guest

    Caffeine Junkie avait écrit le 26/04/2004 :
    > Mandrake writes:
    >
    >> Running WinXP Pro French, Mozilla 1.7b
    >>
    >> As told in the subject of this post, when I get to Edit/Preferences, the
    >> preferences window appears with all the left side items blank although the
    >> right side.
    >>
    >> Next time I call preferences, the window doesn't even appear.
    >>
    >> It happened also on Mozilla 1.6, as far as I remember.

    > That happened to me recently when the installation of an extension in Mozilla
    > 1.6 went awry or something. I ran the Mozilla installer again, skipping the
    > "delete third-party plugins" step and everything returned to normal. It's
    > worth a try.

    Didn't work... same symptoms

    Site : http://mesnews.no-ip.com
    Mandrake, Apr 26, 2004
  5. Re: All items disappear in Preferences and the window itself appearsonly once

    Mandrake wrote:

    > Caffeine Junkie avait écrit le 26/04/2004 :
    >
    >> Mandrake writes:
    >>
    >>> Running WinXP Pro French, Mozilla 1.7b
    >>>
    >>> As told in the subject of this post, when I get to Edit/Preferences,
    >>> the preferences window appears with all the left side items blank
    >>> although the right side.
    >>>
    >>> Next time I call preferences, the window doesn't even appear.
    >>>
    >>> It happened also on Mozilla 1.6, as far as I remember.

    >> That happened to me recently when the installation of an extension in
    >> Mozilla 1.6 went awry or something. I ran the Mozilla installer again,
    >> skipping the "delete third-party plugins" step and everything returned
    >> to normal. It's worth a try.

    > Didn't work... same symptoms

    Create a new profile ans test to see if you have the same problem.

    Lee

    --
    Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
    Learn about the Champs! http://mozillachampions.mozdev.org
    Leonidas Jones, Apr 28, 2004
  6. Mandrake

    Mandrake Guest

    Leonidas Jones avait énoncé :
    > Mandrake wrote:
    >

    > Create a new profile ans test to see if you have the same problem.
    >
    > Lee

    Just reinstalled 1.6 and got rid of the problem. I just kept the
    bookmarks.

    Thxs anyway

    Site : http://mesnews.no-ip.com
    Mandrake, Apr 29, 2004