    Is there any way I can achive all inclusive uk calls but with a saving? or
    perhaps another line? eg using my NTL BB connection.

    Sid

    Sidknee, Jan 3, 2006

  2. Sidknee

    Jono Guest

    "Sidknee" <> wrote in message
    news:DQwuf.16883$...
    >I pay £14.50 for all inclusive UK calls except 087* and 084*. This is with
    >NTL, my landline provider.
    >
    > Is there any way I can achive all inclusive uk calls but with a saving?
    > or perhaps another line? eg using my NTL BB connection.
    >
    > Sid

    You could use www.voipstunt.com or www.sipdiscount.com

    All calls to UK landlines are free of charge, no credit needed on voipstunt,
    no connection charge.

    You can use their software, or X-Lite, or an adapter (ATA) among others.

    You could also get a free incoming geographic number from sipgate.co.uk, or
    voip.co.uk (£10 credit needed)

    Or you could ditch your package with NTL and use indirect access numbers for
    1899.com or call18185.com or call18866.com. There's usually a connection
    charge of around 3p but no cost per minute. This would allow you to make 483
    calls before it cost more than £14.50.

    Jono, Jan 3, 2006

  3. Sidknee

    Guest

    On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 15:34:59 GMT, "Sidknee"
    <> wrote:

    >I pay £14.50 for all inclusive UK calls except 087* and 084*. This is with
    >NTL, my landline provider.
    >
    >Is there any way I can achive all inclusive uk calls but with a saving? or
    >perhaps another line? eg using my NTL BB connection.

    Vonage VOIP 9.99 a month or Freetalk 6.99 a month plus 19.99 for an
    ATA or 79.99 including ATA for all inclusive Geographical calls for 12
    months .

    , Jan 3, 2006
  4. Thus spaketh Jono:
    > "Sidknee" <> wrote in message
    >> I pay £14.50 for all inclusive UK calls except 087* and 084*. This
    >> is with NTL, my landline provider.
    >>
    >> Is there any way I can achive all inclusive uk calls but with a
    >> saving? or perhaps another line? eg using my NTL BB connection.
    >>
    >> Sid
    >>

    > You could use www.voipstunt.com or www.sipdiscount.com
    >
    > All calls to UK landlines are free of charge, no credit needed on
    > voipstunt, no connection charge.
    >
    > You can use their software, or X-Lite, or an adapter (ATA) among
    > others.
    > You could also get a free incoming geographic number from
    > sipgate.co.uk, or voip.co.uk (£10 credit needed)
    >
    > Or you could ditch your package with NTL and use indirect access
    > numbers for 1899.com or call18185.com or call18866.com. There's
    > usually a connection charge of around 3p but no cost per minute. This
    > would allow you to make 483 calls before it cost more than £14.50.

    There is a cost per minute when using 1899 and 18185 from a cable line, the no
    cost per minute is from BT lines.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jan 3, 2006
  5. Sidknee

    Jono Guest

    > Thus spaketh Jono:
    >> "Sidknee" <> wrote in message
    >>> I pay £14.50 for all inclusive UK calls except 087* and 084*. This
    >>> is with NTL, my landline provider.
    >>>
    >>> Is there any way I can achive all inclusive uk calls but with a
    >>> saving? or perhaps another line? eg using my NTL BB connection.
    >>>
    >>> Sid
    >>>

    >> You could use www.voipstunt.com or www.sipdiscount.com
    >>
    >> All calls to UK landlines are free of charge, no credit needed on
    >> voipstunt, no connection charge.
    >>
    >> You can use their software, or X-Lite, or an adapter (ATA) among
    >> others.
    >> You could also get a free incoming geographic number from
    >> sipgate.co.uk, or voip.co.uk (£10 credit needed)
    >>
    >> Or you could ditch your package with NTL and use indirect access
    >> numbers for 1899.com or call18185.com or call18866.com. There's
    >> usually a connection charge of around 3p but no cost per minute. This
    >> would allow you to make 483 calls before it cost more than £14.50.

    > There is a cost per minute when using 1899 and 18185 from a cable line,
    > the no cost per minute is from BT lines.

    It's a while since I used them with the access number.

    I checked the call18866 site only. My bad!

    Jono, Jan 3, 2006
  6. Thus spaketh Jono:
    > "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote in
    >>
    >> There is a cost per minute when using 1899 and 18185 from a cable
    >> line, the no cost per minute is from BT lines.

    > It's a while since I used them with the access number.
    >
    > I checked the call18866 site only. My bad!

    No worries. 18866 charge 1p/min + 4p when using their 0808 acess number, via
    18866 access number it's 0p/min +4p

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jan 3, 2006
  7. Sidknee

    Brian A Guest

    On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 16:01:54 GMT, wrote:

    >On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 15:34:59 GMT, "Sidknee"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>I pay £14.50 for all inclusive UK calls except 087* and 084*. This is with
    >>NTL, my landline provider.
    >>
    >>Is there any way I can achive all inclusive uk calls but with a saving? or
    >>perhaps another line? eg using my NTL BB connection.

    >Vonage VOIP 9.99 a month or Freetalk 6.99 a month plus 19.99 for an
    >ATA or 79.99 including ATA for all inclusive Geographical calls for 12
    >months .

    voip.co.uk is £2/month, wtith a geo number, to cover all off peak geo
    calls. Peak is 2p/call.
    If you are on NTL check out ditching your phone line and just using
    voip - save some line rental - alternatively move to BT and use
    18866/1899/18185, perhaps with an Orchid dialler box (see the many
    postings via google groups on this). I don't like these high priced
    'all in' deals. You have to make a very large amount of peak calls to
    make them worth it when compared to the alternatives.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Jan 3, 2006
  8. Sidknee

    <> wrote:

    >I pay £14.50 for all inclusive UK calls except 087* and 084*. This is with
    >NTL, my landline provider.
    >
    >Is there any way I can achive all inclusive uk calls but with a saving? or
    >perhaps another line? eg using my NTL BB connection.

    £14.50 per month for landline calls seems very expensive to me. At 4p
    per call for 18866 calls, you would need to make 363 calls every month
    to spend that much.

    Unfortunately, as you are on NTL, that's not available to you, but
    VOIP with someone like voip.co.uk at £20 per year (peak time calls 2p
    per call, otherwise free) would be available.

    Assume that 33% of your 363 monthly calls are weekday peak time, and
    it will cost you £2.42 per month for the calls, plus £1.80 towards the
    annual fee - that's a saving of around £10 per month, which should
    help pay the £40 you'd pay for the ATA box you would need to us an
    ordinary phone.

    If you make fewer than 363 calls per month (very likely!) the savings
    would be bigger.
    --
    Visit the Hairydog Guide to Mobile Phones
    http://www.hairydog.co.uk/cell1.html

    , Jan 3, 2006
  9. Thus spaketh :
    > On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 15:34:59 GMT, "Sidknee"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > At 4p
    > per call for 18866 calls, you would need to make 363 calls every month
    > to spend that much.

    Or only 3p per call with 1899. Again this is only via BT lines.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jan 3, 2006