    rather purchase a new Canon ip4300.
    Thanks Liz
    , Aug 22, 2007

  2. Marvin Guest

    wrote:
    > Does anyone here use an all in one printer? (scanner, copier, fax) If
    > so, are you satisfied with the photo printing quality.
    > We are thinking of purchasing one of these to replace my recent HP,
    > but, I noted on some sites that a few reviewers noted they were not
    > satisfied with their photos. If the photos will be sub-par, I would
    > rather purchase a new Canon ip4300.
    > Thanks Liz

    I have an HP Officejet 5610 scanner-printer-fax. I'm happy
    with the photo prints. I use HP inks and either HP or Kodak
    photo paper. There is an option to replace one of the
    cartridges with one made for photo prints, when making photo
    prints.
    Marvin, Aug 23, 2007

  3. <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone here use an all in one printer? (scanner, copier, fax) If
    > so, are you satisfied with the photo printing quality.
    > We are thinking of purchasing one of these to replace my recent HP,
    > but, I noted on some sites that a few reviewers noted they were not
    > satisfied with their photos. If the photos will be sub-par, I would
    > rather purchase a new Canon ip4300.
    > Thanks Liz

    Hi Liz,

    I use an HP Photosmart C6180 - Printer, Scanner, Copier, Fax.

    The photos seem OK to me, but I don't really use it for image printing. I
    normally use an Epson Stylus Photo 2100 for high quality printing.

    I suppose it depends on what you want the photos for. If you are making
    family snaps, or just prints for your own use, it's certainly better than
    you will get in one of those automated photo processing machines that are
    about. If you were printing for photos for sale, I wouldn't like to say.
    George Dingwall, Aug 23, 2007
  4. ray Guest

    On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 14:30:05 -0700, wrote:

    > Does anyone here use an all in one printer? (scanner, copier, fax) If
    > so, are you satisfied with the photo printing quality.
    > We are thinking of purchasing one of these to replace my recent HP,
    > but, I noted on some sites that a few reviewers noted they were not
    > satisfied with their photos. If the photos will be sub-par, I would
    > rather purchase a new Canon ip4300.
    > Thanks Liz

    You might look into the new Kodak all-in ones. I don't know about the
    print quality, but cost of consummables is greatly reduced.
    ray, Aug 24, 2007
  5. Mike Russell Guest

    "Marvin" <> wrote in message
    > wrote:
    >> Does anyone here use an all in one printer? (scanner, copier, fax) If
    >> so, are you satisfied with the photo printing quality.
    >> We are thinking of purchasing one of these to replace my recent HP,
    >> but, I noted on some sites that a few reviewers noted they were not
    >> satisfied with their photos. If the photos will be sub-par, I would
    >> rather purchase a new Canon ip4300.
    >> Thanks Liz
    >>

    > I have an HP Officejet 5610 scanner-printer-fax. I'm happy with the photo
    > prints. I use HP inks and either HP or Kodak photo paper. There is an
    > option to replace one of the cartridges with one made for photo prints,
    > when making photo prints.

    I recently got an HP c4200 All-In-One, and love it - nicely made and very
    compact. Using just the 4 color ink cartridges (CMYK, not the optional
    light cyan and magenta inks), the photographs are excellent on glossy paper.

    The cost was $99, and the same model was advertised today in our local paper
    for $85. Two sizes of cartridge are available. Ink will be your main
    expense in running this printer.
    --
    Mike Russell - www.curvemeister.com
    Mike Russell, Aug 25, 2007