    in one's?

    Thanks

    , May 27, 2008

  2. Stewy Guest

    In article <>,
    "<username>" <user@name> wrote:

    > <> wrote in message
    > >I am looking at purchasing an all in one printer. A buddy of mine
    > > suggested a Lexmark. Does anyone have experience with the Lexmark all
    > > in one's?
    > >
    > > Thanks

    > Not sure about their current crop of products--- but they used to have among
    > the worst frequency of repair ratings...

    Lexmark (Fujitsu) are known for making cheap and cheerful printers. I
    used the Z11 for a number of years before moving on to a Canon (for
    colour) and a Brother Laser for monochrome.

    You can usually get good deals on the machines but you need to bear in
    mind Lexmark brand carts are difficult to buy and other makers (HP etc)
    produce carts for the machines. The bug with many Lexmarks is inly one
    cart can be used - either black ink or a tri-colour cart, but not both.

    Stewy, May 28, 2008

  3. "Stewy" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > "<username>" <user@name> wrote:
    >
    >> <> wrote in message
    >> >I am looking at purchasing an all in one printer. A buddy of mine
    >> > suggested a Lexmark. Does anyone have experience with the Lexmark all
    >> > in one's?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks

    >> Not sure about their current crop of products--- but they used to have
    >> among
    >> the worst frequency of repair ratings...

    > Lexmark (Fujitsu) are known for making cheap and cheerful printers. I
    > used the Z11 for a number of years before moving on to a Canon (for
    > colour) and a Brother Laser for monochrome.
    >
    > You can usually get good deals on the machines but you need to bear in
    > mind Lexmark brand carts are difficult to buy and other makers (HP etc)
    > produce carts for the machines. The bug with many Lexmarks is inly one
    > cart can be used - either black ink or a tri-colour cart, but not both.

    I have never had much luck with Lexmark and consider them to be utter crap,
    maybe cheap, but not cheerful.
    My sister bought a new computer a while ago and it came with a free Lexmark
    all in one that she used once then threw it in the bin because it looked and
    sounded like it was about to fall to bits any minute.

    Don Hirschberg

    Atheist Chaplain, May 28, 2008
  4. Doug Jewell Guest

    wrote:
    > I am looking at purchasing an all in one printer. A buddy of mine
    > suggested a Lexmark. Does anyone have experience with the Lexmark all
    > in one's?
    >
    > Thanks

    Of the big 4 (HP, Canon, Epson & Lexmark), Lexmark are way
    behind the 8 ball for print quality. Go into a computer
    store that has print samples on display, and you'll see that
    the lexmark is not in the game for photo print quality. Even
    in their entry level units, the other 3 are capable of near
    lab-quality prints, while the lexmark prints are soft &
    fuzzy, have washed out colours, and banding - even on their
    top-level units.

    Not sure about the USA, but in Australia their ink prices
    make them the most expensive to print with as well. To top
    it off, their reliability is rather poor. Personally I'd
    stick with Epson or Canon - excellent print quality, low
    running cost, & reasonably reliable.

    Doug Jewell, May 28, 2008
  5. ? <> ?????? ??? ??????
    >I am looking at purchasing an all in one printer. A buddy of mine
    > suggested a Lexmark. Does anyone have experience with the Lexmark all
    > in one's?

    I have the Lexmark F4270 which I was coerced to buy by our local
    electrician's union, paid by my annual loyalties, 100 euros. It's quite
    good, a moderate scanner, a moderate printer and a moderate fax. If I were
    to choose I'd probably buy a separate fax, a separate scanner, and use my
    main printer (Canon Pixma iP4300) for everything else. The Lexmark cart
    dries out even after 10 days of non usage, I have changed it a numerous
    times. The colour cart is dried up for years. The Canon is excellent, 5 ink
    tanks, very good quality, a separate paper tray, and auto printing on both
    sides, but you have to use the original ink and original canon paper to
    print good photos. The only good thing about the Lexmark is I can have the
    carts refilled in one of the mumerous ink stations, if I manage to rescue
    them before they clog up. I also can refill myself with generic ink the
    previous generation of Lexmark z605s of the family, we have 3 pieces of the
    stuff.

    HTH,

    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios