    bob Guest

    any good All in One Computers out there? (something like an iMac but in PC)?

    bob
    bob, Aug 6, 2008

  2. "Alex Clayton" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > "bob" <> wrote in message
    >> any good All in One Computers out there? (something like an iMac but in
    >> PC)?
    >>
    >> bob
    >>

    > All in one? All what? If you can't find an off the shelf model that has
    > what you want, have one built for you with what you want on it.

    He wants a computer that has no wires. They make a Mac that has the computer
    built inside of the monitor, the only wire is hte power cord. It's a very
    clean install as compared to pretty much any PC. There is only one device on
    the desk, the monitor, and it houses everything the system contains except
    the mouse and keyboard, duh.
    Jeff Strickland, Aug 6, 2008

  3. bob

    bob Guest

    "Jeff Strickland" <> wrote in message

    > "Alex Clayton" <> wrote in message
    >> "bob" <> wrote in message
    >>> any good All in One Computers out there? (something like an iMac but in
    >>> PC)?
    >>>
    >>> bob
    >>>

    >> All in one? All what? If you can't find an off the shelf model that has
    >> what you want, have one built for you with what you want on it.
    >>

    > He wants a computer that has no wires. They make a Mac that has the
    > computer built inside of the monitor, the only wire is hte power cord.
    > It's a very clean install as compared to pretty much any PC. There is only
    > one device on the desk, the monitor, and it houses everything the system
    > contains except the mouse and keyboard, duh.

    exactly - sooo, know of one?

    bob
    bob, Aug 7, 2008
  4. bob

    bob Guest

    > "Jeff Strickland" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Alex Clayton" <> wrote in message
    >>> "bob" <> wrote in message

    >>> All in one? All what? If you can't find an off the shelf model that has
    >>> what you want, have one built for you with what you want on it.
    >>>

    >> He wants a computer that has no wires. They make a Mac that has the
    >> computer built inside of the monitor, the only wire is hte power cord.
    >> It's a very clean install as compared to pretty much any PC. There is
    >> only one device on the desk, the monitor, and it houses everything the
    >> system contains except the mouse and keyboard, duh.
    >>

    > Ok, I remember seeing those advertised a while back, but do not see them
    > much any more. Dell, and HP still offer them, so I expect several others
    > do too.

    are hp's and dell's any good? any troubles noted?

    bob
    bob, Aug 7, 2008
  5. bob

    John Holmes Guest

    bob "contributed" in alt.computer:

    > "Jeff Strickland" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Alex Clayton" <> wrote in message
    >>> "bob" <> wrote in message

    >>> All in one? All what? If you can't find an off the shelf model that
    >>> has what you want, have one built for you with what you want on it.
    >>>

    >> He wants a computer that has no wires. They make a Mac that has the
    >> computer built inside of the monitor, the only wire is hte power
    >> cord. It's a very clean install as compared to pretty much any PC.
    >> There is only one device on the desk, the monitor, and it houses
    >> everything the system contains except the mouse and keyboard, duh.

    > exactly - sooo, know of one?
    >
    > bob

    Don't do it. If just a minor component dies, you'll have to return the
    entire machine to the manufacturer.

    --
    <snip>
    John Holmes, Aug 7, 2008