    I could go out and buy PaperPort at NewEgg for $70 (which I know, is a
    bargain) but if I need a new printer and it comes with it....

    Any advice aside from snarkiness?

    ng_reader, Feb 27, 2010

  2. ng_reader

    chuckcar Guest

    ng_reader <> wrote in
    news:hmc0ac$4fk$-september.org:

    > I really liked the PaperPort software that came with an old Visioneer
    > scanner; now no longer and sitting in some landfill I reckon.
    >
    > I could use a new printer/scanner all-in-one --- As the inks for the
    > one today I have are sucking me dry...
    >
    > When was the last time anyone bought either a scanner or all-in-one
    > printer and it included PaperPort?
    >
    > And did they like it? I think my version of Paperport stopped at 7 or
    > so. It's up to 12 now (and it has that fun *internet activation* bonus
    > I'm told)
    >
    > I could go out and buy PaperPort at NewEgg for $70 (which I know, is a
    > bargain) but if I need a new printer and it comes with it....
    >
    > Any advice aside from snarkiness?

    Don't buy a computer that comes with it's own scanner and printer.
    Better yet *don't* buy a name brand computer at all. They've been
    inferior since the 90's at least. Have a computer store build a computer
    for you using retail parts. Then buy your periferals once you've found
    the ones you want. You'll have the hardware and software you want and
    you won't have a computer that dies inside of two years either.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Feb 28, 2010

  3. ng_reader

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 00:24:25 +0000, chuckcar wrote:

    > periferals

    --
    "The whole purpose of setting up Guantanamo Bay is for torture. Why do
    this? Because you want to escape the rule of law.... Guantanamo and the

    Aardvark, Feb 28, 2010