    audio recorder/player that can do most major audio formats?

    Thanks

    John

    John, Jan 19, 2004

  2. John

    Night_Seer Guest

    John wrote:
    > Hi.
    >
    > I just wondered what programs you can recommend as a good all in one
    > audio recorder/player that can do most major audio formats?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > John

    Do you mean can encode or can just record and play. What kind of
    formats do you need to record in (most will record in wav format, and
    then need to encode that to MP3.)

    --
    Night_Seer

    Night_Seer, Jan 19, 2004

  3. John

    John Guest

    On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 15:42:20 -0800, "Night_Seer" <ecamacho4 at hotmail
    dot com> wrote:

    >John wrote:
    >> Hi.
    >>
    >> I just wondered what programs you can recommend as a good all in one
    >> audio recorder/player that can do most major audio formats?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> John

    >Do you mean can encode or can just record and play. What kind of
    >formats do you need to record in (most will record in wav format, and
    >then need to encode that to MP3.)

    Hi. I'd like one that does everything. Records and plays most
    formats and converts them as well.

    I like the mpa format for web stuff as it doesn't take a lot of space.
    Wav for top quality, MP3 for compressed but okay quality.

    Thanks

    John

    John, Jan 20, 2004
  4. John

    Night_Seer Guest

    John wrote:
    > On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 15:42:20 -0800, "Night_Seer" <ecamacho4 at hotmail
    > dot com> wrote:
    >
    >> John wrote:
    >>> Hi.
    >>>
    >>> I just wondered what programs you can recommend as a good all in one
    >>> audio recorder/player that can do most major audio formats?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>>
    >>> John

    >> Do you mean can encode or can just record and play. What kind of
    >> formats do you need to record in (most will record in wav format, and
    >> then need to encode that to MP3.)

    > Hi. I'd like one that does everything. Records and plays most
    > formats and converts them as well.
    >
    > I like the mpa format for web stuff as it doesn't take a lot of space.
    > Wav for top quality, MP3 for compressed but okay quality.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > John

    That's a toughie...I find using specific programs for each thing is much
    better. SO I can't really help you out there. What I do is use Winamp
    for playback (it can do some MP3s and wavs as well as CD burning with
    special add ons), and use EAC for ripping and encoding. You also might
    want to look at FLAC as a high quality alternative. It is a lossless
    format (will sound exactly like your wavs), but at half the size.

    --
    Night_Seer

    Night_Seer, Jan 20, 2004