    http://www.pbase.com/image/33066908

    I understand if you order now, it comes with a Vietnamese guy or gal.

    "Boo-koo lens. Me love you long time!"

    Annika1980, Aug 29, 2004

  2. Bart van der Wolf, Aug 29, 2004

  3. Annika1980

    EarGuy Guest

    "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Figured I better post this early since this is a special order job.
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/33066908

    I have a few questions about this lens...

    Do you think I can hand-hold it if a tripod is inconvenient?
    Will my Tamron teleconverter work with it?
    Do they make it in an f/1.8?
    Should I use a filter on the front to protect it, since I knock my lenses
    around a little bit?
    Can I macro focus to within six inches with it?
    Why should I use that, when a zoom lens is so much more flexible?

    There may still be a place for that lens in my bag. I'll see if I can get
    it on ebay for under a hundred bucks. If not, I'll get one of those mirror
    f/8 500mm lenses and put my 3x teleconverter on it. It'll be the about same
    thing, right?

    Dave
    earguy

    EarGuy, Aug 29, 2004
  4. In article <>,
    (Annika1980) wrote:

    > Figured I better post this early since this is a special order job.
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/33066908
    >
    > I understand if you order now, it comes with a Vietnamese guy or gal.
    >
    > "Boo-koo lens. Me love you long time!"

    105000 Euros for a 1200mm lens and look a that weather. Nothing but
    haze.

    Kevin McMurtrie, Aug 29, 2004
  5. Annika1980

    Bryce Guest

    Can I dumb it down a little and put it on a Sigma?

    Bryce, Aug 29, 2004
  6. Annika1980

    Canongirly Guest

    > Figured I better post this early since this is a special order job.
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/33066908
    >
    > I understand if you order now, it comes with a Vietnamese guy or gal.
    >
    > "Boo-koo lens. Me love you long time!"

    Ah the ideal lens for that hiking holiday in the alps I have planned....does
    it come with a sherpa?

    Canongirly, Aug 29, 2004
  7. Annika1980

    Guest

    In message <>,
    "EarGuy" <> wrote:

    >"Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    >> Figured I better post this early since this is a special order job.
    >>
    >> http://www.pbase.com/image/33066908

    >I have a few questions about this lens...
    >
    >Do you think I can hand-hold it if a tripod is inconvenient?
    >Will my Tamron teleconverter work with it?
    >Do they make it in an f/1.8?
    >Should I use a filter on the front to protect it, since I knock my lenses
    >around a little bit?
    >Can I macro focus to within six inches with it?
    >Why should I use that, when a zoom lens is so much more flexible?
    >
    >There may still be a place for that lens in my bag. I'll see if I can get
    >it on ebay for under a hundred bucks. If not, I'll get one of those mirror
    >f/8 500mm lenses and put my 3x teleconverter on it. It'll be the about same
    >thing, right?

    As far as I can tell, the only use for this lens is its f5.6 aperture,
    and focusing that is built for it. Oh, and to impress people.

    Otherwise, The 600mm f4L IS with the 2x converter takes sharper
    pictures. The 1200mm (with no IS) is one of Canon's softest telephoto
    lenses, on par with a mediocre zoom, according to Canon's MTF charts.
    --

    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
    John P Sheehy <>
    ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><

    , Aug 29, 2004
  8. Annika1980

    Guest

    In message <iMdYc.132$>,
    "Bryce" <> wrote:

    >Can I dumb it down a little and put it on a Sigma?

    It's a soft lens, so if ou can get it to mount on a Sigma, you might
    have the anti-aliasing from the lens.
    --

    John P Sheehy <>

    , Aug 29, 2004