    A mini-site with more information can be found at
    http://43780393393.kxe.net

    , Mar 10, 2007

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > But now for the more interesting part: +43780 is the Austrian ENUM-
    > only number range, which is automatically routed from the PSTN via
    > generic gateways. So from now on, every FWD mwmber also has a PSTN
    > number!

    Calling +43 780 393393 xxxxxx (from Belgian PST line): worked perfectly !
    Calling +43 780 393393 xxxxxx (from my FritzBox, ENUM enabled) : worked
    perfectly !
    (xxxxxx = my own FWD number)

    rgds
    Philippe

    Philippe Deleye, Mar 13, 2007

  3. Guest

    "Philippe Deleye" wrote

    > Calling +43 780 393393 xxxxxx (from Belgian PST line): worked perfectly !
    > Calling +43 780 393393 xxxxxx (from my FritzBox, ENUM enabled) : worked
    > perfectly !
    > (xxxxxx = my own FWD number)

    Thanks a lot Philippe!

    , Mar 13, 2007
  4. Mark Guest

    On 13 Mar 2007 12:58:51 -0700, wrote:

    >"Philippe Deleye" wrote
    >
    >> Calling +43 780 393393 xxxxxx (from Belgian PST line): worked perfectly !
    >> Calling +43 780 393393 xxxxxx (from my FritzBox, ENUM enabled) : worked
    >> perfectly !
    >> (xxxxxx = my own FWD number)

    >Thanks a lot Philippe!

    I get Number Unobtainable when calling from a BT line and a Voipfone
    line to my 5-digit FWD number (prefixed by zero).

    Mark, Mar 13, 2007
  5. Guest

    Mark wrote:

    > I get Number Unobtainable when calling from a BT line and a Voipfone
    > line to my 5-digit FWD number (prefixed by zero).

    Can you call +43 780 393393 000000 from your BT line and post the
    results? You should hear an announcement telling you how many
    extension digits were transmitted by the network.

    , Mar 14, 2007
  6. Mark Guest

    On 13 Mar 2007 22:42:24 -0700, wrote:

    >Mark wrote:
    >
    >> I get Number Unobtainable when calling from a BT line and a Voipfone
    >> line to my 5-digit FWD number (prefixed by zero).

    >Can you call +43 780 393393 000000 from your BT line and post the
    >results? You should hear an announcement telling you how many
    >extension digits were transmitted by the network.

    4 digits from my BT line.

    (Voipfone didn't connect.)

    HTH,

    Mark

    Mark, Mar 14, 2007
  7. Guest

    Mark wrote:

    > 4 digits from my BT line.

    So I fear the UK is the first country with negative feedback: They
    only transmit 15 total digits, which is unfortunately perfectly
    compliant with ITU rules. So far I had only positive feedback from
    several countries, meaning that in fact more than the ITU-recommended
    15 digits get handled.

    I would be very much interested in results from the United States.

    Well, anyway, I did the project for the ENUM part, and there number
    length should be no issue. The PSTN reachability is a goodie on top of
    it, and I guess in a couple of weeks I will be able to compile a list
    of countries from where it works and from where it doen't.

    , Mar 15, 2007
  8. ian Guest

    In message <>, Mark
    <> writes
    >On 13 Mar 2007 22:42:24 -0700, wrote:
    >
    >>Mark wrote:
    >>
    >>> I get Number Unobtainable when calling from a BT line and a Voipfone
    >>> line to my 5-digit FWD number (prefixed by zero).

    >>Can you call +43 780 393393 000000 from your BT line and post the
    >>results? You should hear an announcement telling you how many
    >>extension digits were transmitted by the network.

    >4 digits from my BT line.
    >
    >(Voipfone didn't connect.)

    Calling 00 43 780 393393 000000 from the UK:

    1. Via NTL, "This system received <long pause>. Thank you for calling.
    Goodbye." Voice quality very muffled.

    2. Via Voipfone: No connection.

    3. Via One.Tel: No connection.

    4. Via DialWise (0844 861 4545): "The number cannot be reached."

    --
    Ian

    ian, Mar 15, 2007