    Is there a camera that shows a good bright image in bright sunlight?

    Thanks for your help.

    -wayne
    Wayne, May 2, 2004

  2. Wayne wrote:

    > I only have experience with one camera with an electronic viewfinder --
    > the Nikon 5700. In bright sunlight, no matter how much I shade my eye
    > when I'm looking through the viewfinder, the image is way too dark.
    >
    > Is there a camera that shows a good bright image in bright sunlight?

    they are all generally pretty poor. You have to get used to the dim low
    contrast image.
    David Kilpatrick, May 2, 2004

  3. Wayne

    stewy Guest

    "Wayne" <> wrote in message
    > I only have experience with one camera with an electronic viewfinder --
    > the Nikon 5700. In bright sunlight, no matter how much I shade my eye
    > when I'm looking through the viewfinder, the image is way too dark.
    >
    > Is there a camera that shows a good bright image in bright sunlight?

    The only way is to have an electronic viewfinder in the eyepiece - why these
    accessories are unavailable is anyone's guess
    stewy, May 3, 2004
  4. Wayne

    Wayne Guest

    stewy wrote:
    > "Wayne" <> wrote in message
    >> I only have experience with one camera with an electronic viewfinder --
    >> the Nikon 5700. In bright sunlight, no matter how much I shade my eye
    >> when I'm looking through the viewfinder, the image is way too dark.
    >>
    >> Is there a camera that shows a good bright image in bright sunlight?
    >>

    > The only way is to have an electronic viewfinder in the eyepiece - why these
    > accessories are unavailable is anyone's guess

    Please elaborate. I don't think I understand what you're saying.
    -wayne
    Wayne, May 3, 2004
  5. Wayne

    Frank ess Guest

    Wayne wrote:
    > stewy wrote:
    >> "Wayne" <> wrote in message
    >>> I only have experience with one camera with an electronic
    >>> viewfinder -- the Nikon 5700. In bright sunlight, no matter how
    >>> much I shade my eye when I'm looking through the viewfinder, the
    >>> image is way too dark.
    >>>
    >>> Is there a camera that shows a good bright image in bright sunlight?
    >>>

    >> The only way is to have an electronic viewfinder in the eyepiece -
    >> why these accessories are unavailable is anyone's guess
    >>

    > Please elaborate. I don't think I understand what you're saying.

    Please distinguish between "viewfinder" and "LCD monitor".

    My CP5700 experience is that the viewfinder works OK, the LCD monitor is
    nigh useless in bright sun.

    --
    Frank ess
    Frank ess, May 3, 2004
  6. Frank ess wrote:
    > Wayne wrote:
    >
    >>stewy wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Wayne" <> wrote in message

    >>>The only way is to have an electronic viewfinder in the eyepiece -
    >>>why these accessories are unavailable is anyone's guess
    >>>

    >>Please elaborate. I don't think I understand what you're saying.

    > Please distinguish between "viewfinder" and "LCD monitor".
    >
    > My CP5700 experience is that the viewfinder works OK, the LCD monitor is
    > nigh useless in bright sun.
    >

    > --
    > Frank ess

    LCD monitor is the big screen on the back. Electronic viewfinder is the small
    eye-piece you can use to view the image instead of the LCD screen. Some cameras
    have an optical viewfinder instead of electronic.

    --
    Ben Thomas

    Apparently less than 10% of accidents are caused by drivers exceeding the speed
    limit.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?BenOne=A9?=, May 3, 2004
  7. "Frank ess" <> wrote in message
    []
    > My CP5700 experience is that the viewfinder works OK, the LCD monitor is
    > nigh useless in bright sun.
    >

    > --
    > Frank ess

    Seconded about the EVF. The original poster should also be aware that
    both the finders have brightness adjustments.

    Cheers,
    David
    David J Taylor, May 3, 2004
  8. David J Taylor wrote:

    > "Frank ess" <> wrote in message
    > []
    >
    >>My CP5700 experience is that the viewfinder works OK, the LCD monitor is
    >>nigh useless in bright sun.
    >>

    >>--
    >>Frank ess

    > Seconded about the EVF. The original poster should also be aware that
    > both the finders have brightness adjustments.

    It's also worth noting that the Minolta A2, as an example, can be set to
    reflect accurately the camera settings - exposure, colour and contrast -
    or to ignore all camera settings and provide an acceptable view
    regardless, which is what's neeed when using studio flash.

    I have left mine on this setting and the result in bright sun is awful.
    By switching back to the 'mimic the actual exposure' setting, I get a
    much more usable finder in daylight.

    David
    David Kilpatrick, May 4, 2004
  9. Wayne

    Wayne Guest

    David J Taylor wrote:
    > "Frank ess" <> wrote in message
    > []
    >> My CP5700 experience is that the viewfinder works OK, the LCD monitor is
    >> nigh useless in bright sun.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Frank ess

    > Seconded about the EVF. The original poster should also be aware that
    > both the finders have brightness adjustments.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > David

    Thanks to all for the help. And thanks David for the brightness
    adjustment pointer. I had looked all over my CP5700 menu system for a
    finder brightness adjustment but hadn't found that exact spot. What a
    difference!

    Regards,
    -wayne
    Wayne, May 4, 2004
  10. Wayne

    stewy Guest

    "Wayne" <> wrote in message
    > stewy wrote:
    > > "Wayne" <> wrote in message
    > >> I only have experience with one camera with an electronic viewfinder --
    > >> the Nikon 5700. In bright sunlight, no matter how much I shade my eye
    > >> when I'm looking through the viewfinder, the image is way too dark.
    > >>
    > >> Is there a camera that shows a good bright image in bright sunlight?
    > >>

    > > The only way is to have an electronic viewfinder in the eyepiece - why

    these
    > > accessories are unavailable is anyone's guess
    > >

    > Please elaborate. I don't think I understand what you're saying.

    Not the LCD panel on the back of the camera - something you put close to
    your eye
    stewy, May 4, 2004